CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
Fight, win, kick a-- (1385)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1035)
The Gator Bowl wants (1023)
CFN prediction for a (936)
A simple defensive l (808)
USC will upset Aubur (804)
In-state QB talent (627)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (390)
SEC Debate: Best can (352)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Cann tipping plays?
Rest of the season predic
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:

Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Miami fires back at NCAA investigation

I didt know the baseball PED case had anything to do with this investigation

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #22
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

it doesnt, and im not sure why race would even be brought up even to show that their president is a slippery individual. theyre doing what you would expect anyone to do if youve already self imposed punishment and then you find out the people investigating you werent operating under their own rules. youre going to say enough rather than yes more please.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #23
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
it doesnt, and im not sure why race would even be brought up even to show that their president is a slippery individual. theyre doing what you would expect anyone to do if youve already self imposed punishment and then you find out the people investigating you werent operating under their own rules. youre going to say enough rather than yes more please.
Completely agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this go on for years in litigation, which I believe it should be. The NCAA can take slamdunk cases like Miami and Penn State where people are in prison and still eff them up.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
She may not find a way to inject race into it, but it has been my experience that the political ploys which work the best are victim status and the race card. If I have seen that, she surely has.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #25
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I didt know the baseball PED case had anything to do with this investigation
Not with this investigation, but the overall mindset that Miami has suffered enough, or so says their President.

The fact that the NCAA is as dirty as some schools doesn't make Miami innocent.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #26
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
So you don't think any rule was broken by the U in any of this?
I dont know what to believe man. I know all this is coming from a convicted liar who has a long prison sentence ahead of him. This is just a mess. The NCAA paid $20,000 to an attorney, 9,000 to Shapiro, and some how got him a cell phone while in prison. It looks like some former coaches are going to get in trouble.

I did see this on Canesport:

* Many of the charges brought forth are based on the word of a man who made a fortune by lying. The NCAA enforcement staff acknowledged to the University that if Nevin Shapiro, a convicted con man, said something more than once, it considered the allegation "corroborated"-an argument which is both ludicrous and counter to legal practice.

* Most of the sensationalized media accounts of Shapiro's claims are found nowhere in the Notice of Allegations. Despite their efforts over two and a half years, the NCAA enforcement staff could not find evidence of prostitution, expensive cars for players, expensive dinners paid for by boosters, player bounty payments, rampant alcohol and drug use, or the alleged hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and gifts given to student-athletes, as reported in the media. The fabricated story played well-the facts did not.

* The NCAA enforcement staff failed, even after repeated requests, to interview many essential witnesses of great integrity who could have provided first-hand testimony, including, unbelievably, Paul Dee, who has since passed away, but who served as Miami Athletic Director during many of the years that violations were alleged to have occurred. How could a supposedly thorough and fair investigation not even include the Director of Athletics?

* Finally, we believe the NCAA was responsible for damaging leaks of unsubstantiated allegations over the course of the investigation.

Ive been to busy at work to pay much attention but i dont know what to believe. I do know when Shannon was the coach he warned players and coaches to stay away from Shapiro. I do know Shapiro pleaded out and never made any statements under oath.

Again i dont understand the motive by the NCAA on this one.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

So if innocent why did they self impose?

#LukeForMod

Old 02-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #28
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
So if innocent why did they self impose?
Good question. Not like we were anything special the last few years. I have said dont sleep on us next year as we return 20 starters.

I did run into this article posted on rivals board.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...es-allegations

Could Miami break what is known as the corrupt NCAA? Should be interesting.

Also Miami has had to recruit against this the last two years. Sucks not being able to tell a recruit what the future has in store. And we just signed Derrick Griffin the #3 WR in the nation. Wow. Ive heard he might not qualify though.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #29
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Just because you're bad doesn't mean you don't cheat.

(See UNC)

#LukeForMod

Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #30
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

What really sucks is that Miami has done more than enough punishment to itself. Like I said in another thread, if Miami had not had to self impose a ban, we would have been in the ACC Championship Game this past season.

As a Miami fan I cannot wait until this blows by.

And Mark Emmert needs to step down.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #31
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Just because you're bad doesn't mean you don't cheat.

(See UNC)
What happened with the UNC case?

Go Cocks!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsaxplaya View Post
What happened with the UNC case?
Do you mean what did they do or what was the NCAA's ruling?

#LukeForMod

Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #33
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

Quote:
Do you mean what did they do or what was the NCAA's ruling?
NCAA

Go Cocks!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
What really sucks is that Miami has done more than enough punishment to itself. Like I said in another thread, if Miami had not had to self impose a ban, we would have been in the ACC Championship Game this past season.

As a Miami fan I cannot wait until this blows by.

And Mark Emmert needs to step down.
The NCAA should step down. Whats sad is if they mess up. Who do they answer to? And how does a felon who's doing 20 years get a cell phone to talk to the NCAA? Aren't all their phone calls suppose to be recorded?

This is just not making sense.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #35
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
NCAA
I know the NCAA gave them scholarship reductions and bowl ban for that whole thing about players getting money from agents.

But I'm not sure if they've said anything on the fake classes being taken since that I believe came out after .

#LukeForMod

Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

Quote:
I know the NCAA gave them scholarship reductions and bowl ban for that whole thing about players getting money from agents.

But I'm not sure if they've said anything on the fake classes being taken since that I believe came out after .
The fake classes is ridiculous. That is a lack of institutional control if there ever is one...

Go Cocks!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #37
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu..._scandal_s.php

University of Miami Scandal: Sen. Joe Abruzzo Asks Florida Attorney General to Investigate the NCAA

Looking like the NCAA might of really stepped in it this time.