CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Cockhornleghorn
FurmanCock
Master Bedroom
b381l
JerseyBird
GamecockUltimate
rabid cock
SanAntonioCock
Lalli25
uscnoklahoma
Morris to SMU (6926)
Venables to TAMU? (2685)
Clemson fans (1952)
Vegas line moving on (1893)
Phil Kronblut show (974)
Women's Soccer Elite (829)
End of the aTm / LSU (791)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (781)
Arkansas... (706)
Have we been favored (620)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Venables to TAMU?
Morris to SMU
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
Arkansas...
Clemson fans
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Phil Kronblut show
End of the aTm / LSU game
Texans getting frustrated

Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #61
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC/ CU game at Fluor Field Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
So you admit that you haven't bothered to familiarize yourself with the ticket policies of the Gamecock Club? If someone is joining an organization for the purpose of obtaining tickets, it makes sense to familiarize yourself with the policies. All you have to do is ask for it. You could have saved yourself a lot of hard feelings.
I've gone to Gamecocksonline.com, I've clicked on the Gamecock Club tab. I've read some of the information available there. I wasn't looking specifically to purchase neutral site baseball tickets until I received the email that told me I could. I thought 'well hey, since I can buy tickets, sure!'.

I don't get your high and mighty attitude. I'm complaining about Gamecock Club marketing and you act like I have a problem with all of their policies. I'll see how many clicks it takes to find the section that talks about the neutral site baseball game. You said they sent you information, they sent me nothing. You want to know what I saw when joining the GC?? I went to Gamecocksonline.com, hovered over 'Gamecock Club' and then clicked on 'Member Benefits'. Here's how informative those benefits are:

click all the links under there, find the section that tells you about how tickets will be handled for the neutral site game. I dare you. The whole set up is garbage. The whole system needs to be much more transparent than it is, across the board.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #62
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Or you could pick up a phone and ask for the information like tons of others do.

The fact remains that you simply are upset because you didn't get tickets to the biggest game of the year and feel wronged in some way. When you actually weren't.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #63
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

CockyCash: 490
IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to IHateOrange

Quote:
Or you could pick up a phone and ask for the information like tons of others do.

The fact remains that you simply are upset because you didn't get tickets to the biggest game of the year and feel wronged in some way. When you actually weren't.
I don't think any of us who have complained about this marketing snafu have sour grapes over simply not getting tickets. It is the fact that the advertising was completely misleading.

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
IHateOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #64
yorkgamecock05
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
yorkgamecock05 has earned his spursyorkgamecock05 has earned his spursyorkgamecock05 has earned his spursyorkgamecock05 has earned his spursyorkgamecock05 has earned his spursyorkgamecock05 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateOrange View Post
I don't think any of us who have complained about this marketing snafu have sour grapes over simply not getting tickets. It is the fact that the advertising was completely misleading.
I had an email exchange about that today with the club and ticket office. They apologize for the confusion and realize that their advertising was misleading and are working to correct this for future games/ads.
yorkgamecock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #65
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Must have been a whole lot of soap in that box.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #66
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan715 is learning to peckuscfan715 is learning to peck

Quote:
The lack of common sense is actually thinking that there would be enough to go around. Flour Field doesn't seat 20K, which is really the only way everyone could possibly get tickets, if even then.

If things were first come first serve, then why have priority points? Why allow season ticket holders to get their orders in first?

Away/neutral site ticket policies are explained in the Gamecock Club materials. It doesn't just apply to football.
Please stop talking about your vast knowledge of our ticket policy. It seems like your goal is just to piss people off.
uscfan715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #67
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

I've actually heard of quite a few people really mad about this...

It was a crappy email lets face it
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #68
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:

I'm not upset I didn't get tickets - I'm not even all that upset. It wasn't my life goal to join the GCC so that I could poach some neutral site baseball games. I simply joined, was minding my own business, and got an email that said I could buy tickets. So I thought sure, I'd surprise the wife with a weekend in Greenville, and visit a friend up there that got married last year.

I didn't look in depth at the ticketing policy - because it wasn't my plan, it was an 'impulse buy' given the opportunity the email presented - that is all. Sorry to offend the almighty GCC baseball expert with my lowly commoner stupidity. How clumsy and irresponsible of me to read that email and think they were selling tickets to GCC members. Sheish. But enough arguing with you, I'm going to write an email to the new marketing director we hired away from the SEC, and volley for a clearer picture of the GCC in all aspects (not just these tickets, but in totality) regarding benefits, sign ups, time-lines for distribution of tickets, etc.

And I'm not sure why you keep calling this 'the biggest baseball game of the year'. i would rather see the Friday game than the Saturday game for one, and I would take tickets to the UF series over this.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #69
GamecockNY
Walk On

Male

GamecockNY is sharpening his clawsGamecockNY is sharpening his clawsGamecockNY is sharpening his clawsGamecockNY is sharpening his claws

One consolation is that this game will probably wind up being televised (won't be announced until next week, though).
GamecockNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #70
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNY View Post
One consolation is that this game will probably wind up being televised (won't be announced until next week, though).
Well with all this fuss about tickets I hope they do televise it.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #71
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

This is going to be an interesting series. Definately a toss up.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #72
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material

Which baseline is the gamecock side?

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #73
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

For those wondering, at 10AM on saturday they'll have a few hundred standing room only tickets for sell, but they'll sell out within minutes, so if you want one, get there EARLY.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #74
heathbates
Game MVP

Male

heathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervous

yeah my aunt Billie Lane was bragging about the game being sold out already blah blah blah....i just want to sweep these kids into a pile and not let them pull off the "dogpile"

heathbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #75
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

Anyone who was mislead by the ad and did not receive tickets get your refund check yet? I still haven't received mine.

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Old 03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #76
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

Yes, I got mine Wednesday.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #77
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Yes, I got mine Wednesday.
Lucky you! I STILL haven't received my check. Called them today and they had just "processed" it. More ticket office shenanigans!

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #78
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

yeah i got mine last week