CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
snruter amabon
Spur's Addiction
HeadCockFan
Order 66
catdaddy66
GarnetSwarm1990
roosterdude21
TAFC 5 1981
GarnetBlack&Blue
TheUSCMike
Can it get any bette (972)
Haven't seen one unb (888)
Funny Golf Story Abo (831)
Auburn Stealing Sign (822)
Defense Tackles (716)
I used to like bush (564)
Boo This Man... (548)
georgia rewind... (482)
Gamecocks Traveling (306)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (263)
Mizzou game late parking/
Places to watch Carolina
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Boo This Man...
Stay focus
Auburn looks beatable
Auburn Stealing Signals?
**official Vandy predicti
georgia rewind...
Well, as it turns out, we

Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #41
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb
Default Re: Lattimore Pulls off The Impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
So Happy Latti is a Gamecock

He always will be a gamecock!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #42
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post

4th round pick? I don't think so.
BeatBamaTwice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #43
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I remember reading RG3 was also in Florida at Dr James' rehab facility in Pensacola.

That would be great if they were rehabbing together.
IMG is in Bradenton which is south Florida, Dr. Andrews facility is in Pensacola, which is west Florida. I am sure both RGIII and Marcus have crossed paths, probably at both facilities.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #44
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
20 pounds of muscle? He's going to be like trying to tackle a fire hydrant
That isn't so hard if you are tanked on straight vodka. Myrtle Beach!

Seriously though, Marcus is a force for good. Can't wait to see him suit up in the pros.
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #45
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

I put on 30 lbs in 6 months with creatine and whey protein. Lots of it was water weight im sure. But it definitely doesnt require steroids to gain weight.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #46
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbarjm View Post
Yeah I heard some rumblings about Peterson and possible PED use to get back so quickly, I hope it's all not true.

I still struggle with idea of if these drugs can help a player return from a catastrophic injury why aren't they "legal". I mean it's not anabolic steroid usage and these players are injured why are they not allowed to get the best medical treatment on the planet?

I mean the thing Kobe did in Germany (with his knee) a lot of guys have done since. I don't understand why the Association or League hasn't clarified on which drugs actually heal the body quicker and are not performance based.
I have a similar view on this and maybe even farther towards believing certain drugs and products should be legal.

I know if I was injured and could take something that would help me heal more quickly and even make me better I would use them. No questions asked.

How you can ignore or worse ban modern medicine/technology doesn't make much sense to me.

Seems to me if you admitted it and could recieve said treatment under a doctors care it should be 'legal'.

I may be in the minority but to not allow guys like AP or what everybody who has ever met Marcus claims is one of the best people they have ever met to simply do what's necessary to get back to being able to make a living and be rewarded for their unbelievble god given talents and hard work just doesn't seem like it's on the right side of thinking to me.

And just to clarify I don't believe either is somehow 'cheating' I just wouldn't have an issue if either of them took advantage of modern science to help rebuild their injured bodies...bodies injured while playing the game that says it is somehow 'wrong' to do so.

That being said it really is remarkable how absolutely impressive Marcus Lattimore really is as a human. It doesn't seem to matter what he's doing he simply does it bettter than 99.9% of everybody else that has ever done it.

God bless that kid and there is nobody pulling for him more than me and mine.

Last edited by LBC; 02-20-2013 at 01:24 PM.
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #47
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I have a similar view on this and maybe even farther towards believing certain drugs and products should be legal.

I know if I was injured and could take something that would help me heal more quickly and even make me better I would use them. No questions asked.

How you can ignore or worse ban modern medicine/technology doesn't make much sense to me.

Seems to me if you admitted it and could recieve said treatment under a doctors care it should be 'legal'.

I may be in the minoriy but to not allow guys like AP or what everybody who has ever met Marcus claims is one of the best people they have ever met to simply do what's necessary to get back to being able to make a living and be rewarded for there unbelievble god given talents and hard work just doesn't seem like it's on the right side of thinking to me.

And just to clarify I don't believe either is somehow 'cheating' I just wouldn't have an issue if either of them took advantage of modern science to help rebuild their injured bodies...bodies injured while playing the game that says it is somehow 'wrong' to do so.

That being said it really is remarkable how absolutely impressive Marcus Lattimore really is as a human. It doesn't seem to mater what he's doing he simply does it bettter than 99.9% of everybody else that has ever done it.

God bless that kid and there is nobody pulling for him more than me and mine.
I agree completely. It almost seems stupid to not take full advantage of the technology and advancements we have made...especially one that allows us to improve these athletes overall quality of life...as well as the product on the field.

Either way it will be nothing short of amazing to watch Marcus play in the league this year. Regardless of what team he ends up on, I can't wait to see him play again.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #48
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

This is why I love this young man so much. He works hard and is so humble and gives God the glory. Wish you all the best Brother Marcus.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #49
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

He is training with RGIII. it states it in the article that they were in the same room training, and that Griffen was giving Marcus a hard time. Joking around of course, but it also states that the 22 pounds of "muscle" he put on was when you compare his lowest weight after the surgery to what he weighs now.

His lowest weight was 200 pounds. Now he weighs 222 pounds. Of which dr. Andrews stated that "almost" all of it was muscle from lifting weights and not body fat.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #50
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Being from Duncan s.c. ,Ihave been watching MARCUS,NICK J.,WILLIE C and others play since pop w.. Thier commitment is the same now as then. Coach Bentley [at Byrnes High] nurturies and instill`s confidence in all his players.He [Bentley] once explained these players already have these virtues he just gives them the help to understand what they have. Coach Bentley does`nt just coach football players He builds men of character. Not one is left behind. When Marcus was hurt, it was like one of your own children. WE are so over come with joy to see Marcus` recovery go so well. If he were unable to ever play again he would still be a hero to me.If ever there was a Role model you would want your young man to immulate look no further. I do wish he would stay one more year and be apart of this years team.I feel this will be the year and want him to be apart of it.Guess I better go, seems something has gotten in my r. eye ...YOU CANT KEEP A GREAT MAN DOWN!!!
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #51
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Honestly, with an injured knee, he is able to do less cardio... So if he eats a lot and lifts heavy then that is the perfect scenario for him to put on mass. When he gets full use of his knee it's likely that he would lose some of that weight again.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #52
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Nothing is impossible for Lattimore!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #53
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Falcons are set to release Michael Turner.

"With the 30th pick in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select running back Marcus Lattimore."

(Unless of course, they trade up).
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #54
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

He came into last season at 231 so him "getting up to" 222 isn't some miraculous feat. Every year he has reportedly put on 20+ lbs of muscle, shouldn't he be like 290 by now?
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #55
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pa...ad-to-recovery

Here's a video of Marcus doing some rehab stuff at the IMG Academy. Its not much, but just thought all of you guys might like to see it
Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

A couple of times in the combine show, they ran a clip of ML rehabbing. The scars on his knees are huge! Man, that had to hurt!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #57
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

sad to think that at best hes a third round pick
Old 02-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #58
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
sad to think that at best hes a third round pick
not really he had a potential career ending injury...he will be happy to go in what ever round he is picked

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #59
Steeler7588
4-Star

Male

Steeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudly

It's all about your first extension/free agent contract, anyway - at least from a money standpoint. If he's trying to make an impact, 1st round or 3rd round or undrafted, he'll make waves. Less talented players (Willie Parker is one of my favorite success stories) have made it, Latti will be just fine!

Steelers / Carolina Gamecocks / Penguins / Arsenal / Pitt Panthers / Bulls / Pirates
Steeler7588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #60
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I remember reading RG3 was also in Florida at Dr James' rehab facility in Pensacola.

That would be great if they were rehabbing together.
They are working out together from what I've read. Marcus has said how much of a help RG3 has been to him, giving him advice about the NFL and that they encourage each other during workouts.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote