CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
b381l
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
Yearofthegamecock
Pw00132
Badazcock
spareparts
Gameday Sign Ideas (4270)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Dylan Thompson's pas (2613)
ST coach fired this (2523)
Celebrity Guest Pick (1735)
Let's talk about Mat (1633)
So, um, yeah the NFL (718)
Rank the SEC startin (682)
Defensive personnel (653)
Kendrick salley (555)
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Sandstorm towels
Upgraded/Premium Seating?
Another game I'm interest
ST coach fired this week
Let's talk about Maty Mau
SEC East Race as of 9/21
USC/Missouri 9/27/2014
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky

Old 02-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #181
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: OFFICIAL 2013 NASCAR THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber View Post
After one race, the new car is a bust. I did not think that racing could get any more boring than last year. I was wrong. If the racing does not improve quickly, NASCAR's ratings are going to tank.
It's the first race of the season in a brand new car what did you expect? Once they get used to these cars it will get a lot better. Calling it a bust after one race, absolutely ridiclous. Just like the Car of Tommorrow Hendrick gets the first win. I guess people just hate Hendrick Motorsports.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #182
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

I feel like this car was originally made to make the 1.5 mile tracks like California and Michigan more exciting and kinda forgot about the restricter plate program. Hopefully they have it figured out by Talladega.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #183
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

waited to long to make a move
Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #184
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I wouldn't call it a bust yet. The gen 6 car was designed to improve the racing at the intermediate tracks more than the others. I'll wait until after Bristol before I become too critical of it.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #185
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear#5 View Post
I feel like this car was originally made to make the 1.5 mile tracks like California and Michigan more exciting and kinda forgot about the restricter plate program. Hopefully they have it figured out by Talladega.
if that's the case then I won't complain...anything that will make those races more watchable will be an improvement
Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #186
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

^^^^Fontana and Michigan are 2 milers.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #187
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
^^^^Fontana and Michigan are 2 milers.
Oh dang my bad. Either way i hope the new car makes those tracks more exciting haha.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #188
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Oh dang my bad. Either way i hope the new car makes those tracks more exciting haha.
I hope it all gets more exciting, I wish there was more road racing escpecially in the chase. Too damn many cookie cutter tracks it the Chase.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #189
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

Quote:
I hope it all gets more exciting, I wish there was more road racing escpecially in the chase. Too damn many cookie cutter tracks it the Chase.
Definitely agree with that.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #190
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Exactly. Y'all remember the rock? Or north wilkesboro? What about riverside?
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #191
rubber
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rubber has hatched from the shell

Well, Daytona is the Super Bowl of NASCAR, and it laid an egg out the gate.
rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #192
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

That train racing sucked.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #193
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Yeah i remember Rockingham. I didn't really like it at the time but I'd much rather watch a race there than at California, Michigan, Kansas, etc. I only vaguely remember north wilkesboro. I've only heard about riverside, they stopped racing there by the time i started watching NASCAR.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #194
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I loved Rockingham and wished they kept at least one race there instead of Loudon having a second race.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #195
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber View Post
Well, Daytona is the Super Bowl of NASCAR, and it laid an egg out the gate.
Laid an egg? Seeing how Danica was going to run today made it worth watching. She raced one hell of a race today, I have been a fan of hers when she first started Indycar.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #196
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I agree with those who would like to see more variety in the Chase. Something like:

Bristol (Short Track)
Charlotte (1.5 Mile Quad-Oval)
A road course ***See Below***
Talladega (Superspeedway)
Dover (1 Mile)
Martinsville (Short Track)
Homestead (1.5 Mile Speedway)
Darlington (1 Mile Speedway)
Kansas (1.5 Mile Tri-Oval)
Phoenix (1 Mile, odd shaped, speedway)

Not in this particular order.

I think that would give the chase some variety and make the chase for the championship more interesting. There are a few speedways, but not too many, and none that have the same layout. Currently in the chase we have Kansas&Chicago and Charlotte&Texas which have the exact same layout.

Road courses that could potentially host a race, other than the current road courses at Infineon and Watkins Glen, are:

Circuit of the Americas (Austin, TX). Hosts an F1 race already.
Indianapolis. There is a road course in the infield, I think. Why not use it?
Road America. Already hosts a Nationwide race.
Mid Ohio. Also hosts a NWS race.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #197
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

The road course in Canada that the nationwide series raced on the past few years has always had pretty good racing too. I would like to see a Cup race there.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #198
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

Quote:
The road course in Canada that the nationwide series raced on the past few years has always had pretty good racing too. I would like to see a Cup race there.
The one in Mexico was another good road course.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #199
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
That train racing sucked.
I actually didn't mind it because there seems to be no really dominate driver.

Granted this was only the first race and all the drivers were still getting a feel for the new Gen 6 car.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #200
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Michigan can be saved. I wish Auto Club (Fontana) speedway would go ahead and die already. Nobody cares about NASCAR in L.A. Give that race back to Darlington, and put it in the chase.