CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
Aggie96
Spurticus
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
AtlGAMECOCK
spareparts
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1668)
The Field (1628)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1268)
Spurrier winning at (1169)
Anyone watching pti (1017)
One of the great thi (996)
GAME (907)
Defensive Backfield (895)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (755)
Death in the family (721)
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Conflict with Aggies on t
The Field
GAME
Toughest stadium in the n
I hope Coach Spurrier get
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS ?
mike Davis comparison
"We Believe" st
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu

Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #101
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace's 40 time

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
thanks for the observation, of course i meant i project him to be a better returner.
but he's a better punt returner than adams on either level.

seems like you you said that with confidence with no projection.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #102
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
but he's a better punt returner than adams on either level.

seems like you you said that with confidence with no projection.
Could he really be a worse NFL return man?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #103
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Could he really be a worse NFL return man?
yeah he could not get drafted, and he hasnt returned a punt in the NFL to determine that.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #104
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

because i believe he is better than him as a returner on any level. ace has better punt return skills, thus the confidence. now since we both know ace played in college last year the projection was assumed, unless youre going to accuse me of not knowing joe adams wasnt in college in 2012.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #105
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
because i believe he is better than him as a returner on any level. ace has better punt return skills, thus the confidence. now since we both know ace played in college last year the projection was assumed, unless youre going to accuse me of not knowing joe adams wasnt in college in 2012.
Adams not playing in college has nothing to do with it at all. You claimed Ace to be a better punt returner than Adams on either level(college maybe), but to say Ace is better than Adams as a PR in the NFL is looking through the garnet glasses, Ace hasnt made a NFL roster nor has he returned a punt in the NFL.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #106
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
So when his people say he was predicted a 2nd round pick and seeing his competition/performance in this combine we cant second guess his decision when he left early?
Do you know what his personal family situation is.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #107
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Never said I did and i'm not basing my thoughts/predictions off that. Do you know his personal family situations? You keep bringing that up. If you don't know his personal family situation then what are you trying to prove.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #108
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm trying to read that as a statement, and I just can't. I'm not sure how you do it.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #109
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

The combine talk has turned prickly around here.

Conflict makes for a good story.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #110
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Never said I did and i'm not basing my thoughts/predictions off that. Do you know his personal family situations? You keep bringing that up. If you don't know his personal family situation then what are you trying to prove.
Since none of us knows anything about his family, how can you second guess his decision about coming out early.....are you basing that on his performance today. Suppose he stays in school, then has exactly the same results in 2013 as he did in 2012. Then next year, he comes to the combine and runs exactly the same as he did today. Would he be drafted any higher. The only way he gets drafted higher is he outperforms in 2013 (which I have already given good reasons why that won't be likely).....and it's also unlikely that he does any better next year in the combine.....remember he has been training for 2 months trying to max his performance in the combine. I just don't understand why some are questioning his decision to leave.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #111
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

He will destroy the cone drill
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #112
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Supposedly he left early because of his grades.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #113
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I just read a couple pages back on this thread, I don't think any serious source ever told Ace he was going to be a 2nd round pick. He was mainly trying to go pro based on what he was doing on special teams. However, that 40 time won'y help his case. Hopefully he'll have some good workouts coming up.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #114
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

just throwing this out there.... ace wasnt on espns top 25 sec players lol
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #115
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Supposedly he left early because of his grades.
I heard that it was a factor but not the only reason. He would have had a whole semester to get them back up.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #116
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Since none of us knows anything about his family, how can you second guess his decision about coming out early.....are you basing that on his performance today. Suppose he stays in school, then has exactly the same results in 2013 as he did in 2012. Then next year, he comes to the combine and runs exactly the same as he did today. Would he be drafted any higher. The only way he gets drafted higher is he outperforms in 2013 (which I have already given good reasons why that won't be likely).....and it's also unlikely that he does any better next year in the combine.....remember he has been training for 2 months trying to max his performance in the combine. I just don't understand why some are questioning his decision to leave.
Like I said I am not basing my thoughts/decisions on his family situations if he has any, let that go. If he stayed he would leave with a degree, also this WR class is very deep, and next year may not be. Even if he performed the way he did and having his size, speed and strength against him he would be drafted higher due to less competition. I dont understand why you dont understand why people are questioning his decision. You act like we dont have the right to question him leaving early. I agree with Spurrier, if your not a first round pick or have a great shot at being a first round pick you should stay. Spurrier Jr also disagreed with Sanders leaving early. Could be Tori Gurley 2.0.

Last edited by JDRAY^#; 02-24-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #117
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
He will destroy the cone drill

an underrated event for the casual viewer when it comes to returners, dbs and runningbacks
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #118
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Sanders problem is he didn't excell at anything today. Based on his numbers you'd say he's too short, not strong enough to get off press coverage and not fast enough to make a big play. Even in the shuttle drills he didn't prove himself to be one of the top guys even though that's supposed to be his top skill.

Some guys play better than they are measured to be and Sanders is one if those guys. All he needs is one team to like his film better than his combine performance but if its only one your draft status drops or becomes non existent.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #119
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1000000000
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Everybody keeps throwing out the "family situation" as a reason Ace may have left early!

IF this were true, I don't believe he would have said he was coming back to Cola for another year like he initially did........

I believe Ace should have came back, but I am not going to pretend like I am an expert or that I know better than Ace! Ace made his decision, which is final! We all should accept that, and support Ace...... that's it!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #120
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Like I said I am not basing my thoughts/decisions on his family situations if he has any, let that go. If he stayed he would leave with a degree, also this WR class is very deep, and next year may not be. Even if he performed the way he did and having his size, speed and strength against him he would be drafted higher due to less competition. I dont understand why you dont understand why people are questioning his decision. You act like we dont have the right to question him leaving early. I agree with Spurrier, if your not a first round pick or have a great shot at being a first round pick you should stay. Spurrier Jr also disagreed with Sanders leaving early. Could be Tori Gurley 2.0.
I try to support the decisions the kids make and thank them for their 3 years helping us win football games. None of us will ever know whether he made the right decision or not because we'll never know how his next year at Carolina would have turned out.