CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecock88
kevhugh
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
ccured
FanofCarolina1
Cocked & Locked
b381l
**USC vs. South Alab (16654)
TV?? (1778)
Drew Owens missing? (1318)
Clemson (894)
Awful Shooting Conti (866)
Gamecock Men Have Be (724)
Question about after (506)
Dylan Thompson surpa (349)
Prayers needed!!! (336)
How about this scena (285)
Question about after the
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Should UNC get death pena
Lineup Changes (Offense)
Huge recruiting weekend
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
Drew Owens missing?
Senior Day
Big George Statue
Clemson

Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #21
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386
Default Re: Sam Montgomery Needs a Better Agent

Hell yeah, love that "big boys" quote. I'll forgive him for the rest.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #22
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
No I agree that it was stupid to say - nobody should ever go into a job interview and talk about doing the things I listed..my point was having that attitude towards somebody that's probably worked harder than you've ever even tried is just asinine and hypocritical.
Not saying I don't slack off and yes I bet he has worked harder, physically that is. I wouldn't be stupid enough to say the kind of shit he did during a job interview.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1503877758
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6891gener View Post
Clowney does this all the time.
I'd like to see you make this accusation to Jadaveon's face! Would just love to see that!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #24
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
This story said nothing about gambling on games.
So betting and gambling are different? Well I never knew that. Sorry.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #25
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I take a play off every now and then too.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #26
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber View Post
Somethings are better left unsaid.

In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays -- games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.

Montgomery's agent should have advised him before the Combine that saying things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.
Its pretty obvious what kind of education this guy got at LSU. What an idiot, not just for doing it but for admitting it. Sometimes the truth isnt the best thing to say
FearThethumbandDJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #27
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Should have been a Gamecock. I like that LSU is stabbing him in the back. Great recruiting nugget of info.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 AM   #28
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure you've never gotten on the internet at work, taken a smoke break, joked with coworkers, had a long lunch...

Or missed a single homework assignment, skilpped class, hung out with friends instead of studying.

And those things are much easier than even a couple of full effort plays in football. Also remember this is a college kid with courseload in addition to GAME of football...fact is, something has to give. Maybe don't be so judgemental of a kid who probably puts more effort into his "work" than you've ever had to dream of.
Kinda difficult to reasonably compare your personal school work with a team game. Without knowing what he does for a living it's difficult to make a comparison there either.

And you know, plenty of college "kids" are dealing with things way more difficult than the prospect of going to school, having housing paid for, and having food paid for, in exchange for playing a GAME that they love.S hould also consider that football players probably have it easier academically than anyone else in the student body. I don't think every school is on the level of UNC, but most are probably closer than any of us would be happy to discover. There's a reason honor roll students bomb the Wonderlic.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #29
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Kinda difficult to reasonably compare your personal school work with a team game. Without knowing what he does for a living it's difficult to make a comparison there either.

And you know, plenty of college "kids" are dealing with things way more difficult than the prospect of going to school, having housing paid for, and having food paid for, in exchange for playing a GAME that they love.S hould also consider that football players probably have it easier academically than anyone else in the student body. I don't think every school is on the level of UNC, but most are probably closer than any of us would be happy to discover. There's a reason honor roll students bomb the Wonderlic.
Good points. I would also wager that studying global supply chain as I did is a bit more difficult than any kind of BS program Montgomery "studied".
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #30
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Good points. I would also wager that studying global supply chain as I did is a bit more difficult than any kind of BS program Montgomery "studied".
Ugggh, they're student athletes!

Please stop being a hater!

ha

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #31
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Perhaps, but no one will discuss what you say in a job interview on a message board.

He said something stupid that 99% of college athletes do. If you watched our games against any instate (barring Clemson) opponent this past decade and could see past the blinding hate you would have seen almost the entire team going at 60% effort.

A football player said something stupid...he should get the Culliver award.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post

lol no crap? I just used common examples to illustrate that NOBODY operates at 100% all the time. That's why guys like Marcus Lattimore are so exceptional, and to hold every football player to that standard when you don't hold yourself to that standard is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Sam had the toughest life out there. I'm not saying he wasn't an idiot for what he said at the combine. I'm not saying any of the crap you guys are trying to put in my mouth.

My argument (and this is very simple) is in response to the "I hate any player that doesn't give 100% every single play" statement. Because nobody gives 100% on every play, whether it be in football or in school or at work.

And lmao - congrats to the exemplary paragon talking crap because he chose "global supply chain" as his major. No need to turn the thread into a "how hard do football players have it" thread, but cool story. We are all impressed.

Last edited by CockLurker; 02-25-2013 at 12:49 PM.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
cockypanther
Banned

Male

Quote:
lol no crap? I just used common examples to illustrate that NOBODY operates at 100% all the time. That's why guys like Marcus Lattimore are so exceptional, and to hold every football player to that standard when you don't hold yourself to that standard is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Sam had the toughest life out there. I'm not saying he wasn't an idiot for what he said at the combine. I'm not saying any of the crap you guys are trying to put in my mouth.

My argument (and this is very simple) is in response to the "I hate any player that doesn't give 100% every single play" statement. Because nobody gives 100% on every play, whether it be in football or in school or at work.

And lmao - congrats to the exemplary paragon talking crap because he chose "global supply chain" as his major. No need to turn the thread into a "how hard do football players have it" thread, but cool story. We are all impressed.
When peeing in the morning, try to aim for the toilet instead of your cereal bowl... it will make the day much better for you.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
When peeing in the morning, try to aim for the toilet instead of your cereal bowl... it will make the day much better for you.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #35
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yeah, this thread has turned into a b!tchfest.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #36
gamecockgal
KEEP CALM AND HAIL HYDRA!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6891gener View Post
Clowney does this all the time.

LOL. NO, he doesn't.

Enjoy your ban.