CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Thenardier
ccured
Latti
roosterdude21
ucan'tlickourcocks
U-Dub Gamecock
Spurticus
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1301)
Stadium Ratings-Site (949)
NBA Wants to Up Age (634)
HELP calculating acr (352)
How Experienced In P (333)
40 Ways You Know You (318)
South Carolina @ Aub (148)
Super-Efficient Ax (147)
Amazing a List of Us (126)
Holly Trees pruning (90)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Gamecock cheerleader with
South Carolina @ Auburn S
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #201
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 800000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: OFFICIAL 2013 NASCAR THREAD

Aside from the wrecks.........this race was a yawner ! No sling shot draft pass ? No interest....
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #202
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
Michigan can be saved. I wish Auto Club (Fontana) speedway would go ahead and die already. Nobody cares about NASCAR in L.A. Give that race back to Darlington, and put it in the chase.
Michigan is probably the most exciting tracks out of that group so I don't mind the racing there but I don't know if it should have 2 races a year. And i definitely agree about Fontana, boring racing with a weak fanbase should equal no race.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #203
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
Michigan can be saved. I wish Auto Club (Fontana) speedway would go ahead and die already. Nobody cares about NASCAR in L.A. Give that race back to Darlington, and put it in the chase.
Agreed. From what I've seen, Michigan usually has a good turnout, and it's a cool race with the Auto Industry nearby in Detroit.

In addition, I don't see any reason why Kansas should have two dates, or why Fontana is still on the circuit. Give Darlington a second date...on Labor Day.

Another race idea for the chase....Pocono.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #204
CardiacKemba
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
CardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervous

Bring back Rockingham!
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #205
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Here's how the chase should go:

Richmond 7:30 p.m.
Chicagoland 2:00 p.m.
Road race, move one or add one.
Charlotte 7:30 p.m.
Darlington 2:00 p.m.
Martinsville 2:00 p.m.
Phoenix 6:30 p.m.
Talladega 2:00 p.m.
Texas 4:00 p.m.
Homestead 7:00 p.m.

Eastern Standard Time
Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #206
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

I think they should add a road course to the Chase with Sonoma and Watkins Glen in the regular season. Some of the road races the past few years have been some of the most exciting races. Watkins Glen this past year with Kyle, Brad, and Ambrose might have been the most exciting race last year.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #207
kabercr2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Rockingham is back on the truck schedule so hopefully its making it way back.

I think if Danica and Jr could have got Biffle out of the way, it might have been game on because Patrick probaly had the best handling and fastest car there.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #208
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Someone needed to make a move. I thought that if the Biff made a move, they'd all go with him leaving JJ out to dry, but, no one budged. Such a disappointing race. The closing laps of the Busch race yesterday were sooooo good and I thought that today would only top it. Boy was a wrong. Let's hope for something better next week and improvements when they go to Talladega.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #209
rubber
4-Star

Male

rubber has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Laid an egg? Seeing how Danica was going to run today made it worth watching. She raced one hell of a race today...

She played follow the leader like everyone else for four hours. I guess that you can interpret that as a great race.

It is sad when Erin Andrews and 50 Cent's awkward kiss on pit row was a bigger headline than the race.
rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #210
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I should have gone with my first instinct and watched paint dry.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #211
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

I watched the first 10 laps, then I left for the day and did not watch anymore. Glad I didn't watch it. I enjoyed the sun shine.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #212
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
I agree with those who would like to see more variety in the Chase. Something like:

Bristol (Short Track)
Charlotte (1.5 Mile Quad-Oval)
A road course ***See Below***
Talladega (Superspeedway)
Dover (1 Mile)
Martinsville (Short Track)
Homestead (1.5 Mile Speedway)
Darlington (1 Mile Speedway)
Kansas (1.5 Mile Tri-Oval)
Phoenix (1 Mile, odd shaped, speedway)

Not in this particular order.

I think that would give the chase some variety and make the chase for the championship more interesting. There are a few speedways, but not too many, and none that have the same layout. Currently in the chase we have Kansas&Chicago and Charlotte&Texas which have the exact same layout.

Road courses that could potentially host a race, other than the current road courses at Infineon and Watkins Glen, are:

Circuit of the Americas (Austin, TX). Hosts an F1 race already.
Indianapolis. There is a road course in the infield, I think. Why not use it?
Road America. Already hosts a Nationwide race.
Mid Ohio. Also hosts a NWS race.
The cookie cutter tracks need to go as does Fontana. They have made races boring. Bring back Rockingham! That track like Atlanta, provided multiple grooves and exciting finishes.

Bristol needs to be in the chase as does a road course race. COTA isn't a good fit for NASCAR and logistically I don't think the pit road would fit. The Indy road course is too short and I worry that having two races at Indy would be too much simply because the attendance numbers have been terrible. Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve would be a fun race for Cup and has been my favorite Formula1 stop for the past couple years.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #213
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I'm still pissed about being "upgraded" from trackpass to raceview to the tune of $80, and having the #$@^ thing being inoperable for 3 races in a row....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #214
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Spartanburg Native/Nationwide series Jeremy Clements was suspended indefinitely for using a "racial" remark. I put it in quotations, because no one knows what word he actually used.

I think this is pretty idiotic, there is no recording of this happening, and no one knows what he said, other than him and the two people he was talking to; who were 1. a NASCAR employee and 2. A reporter/blogger for MTV. He knows he messed up, and apologized for the incident, but when Clint Bowyer uses the "R-word" (which is just as offensive as racial slurs to some), he gets off with simply apologizing for it, and no sanctions from NASCAR. NASCAR just enjoys sticking it to the little guy, I guess.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ytona/1952413/

Last edited by CaptainCock91; 02-28-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the link to the article
CaptainCock91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #215
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

It looks as if he used the "N" word. Saw it on Speed's website.

Mark Martin with the pole for Sunday. Danica with a super fast lap grabbing her the 40th spot.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #216
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Subway Fresh Fit 500 @ Phoenix International Raceway
2:30 on Fox.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #217
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

Going to be interesting to see how many Toyotas have engine problems. Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin have changed engines already, also Kenseth and Kyle Busch blew up last week. Keep in mind that all Toyota teams get engines from TRD.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #218
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

So a Canadian is singing the American National Anthem. Is it odd that I think that's messed up.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #219
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

This caution changes everything. Going Green White Checkered
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #220
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Carl Edwards wins