CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
803scdantes
Sandstorm29
b381l
CoverTwo
rioninusc
Lonnie
The Yancey
gamecockphan
cockybreeyan
The Vent and Coachin (4963)
Disturbing comments (2419)
Gerald Turner (2164)
does anybody think w (2002)
2015 schedule is bru (1368)
UF lets Durkin go (1311)
2015 Early Enrollees (1036)
Bobo to Colorado St? (528)
The U ends apparel d (527)
Women's bb result - (364)
SOS...a day late & do
Spurrier Says "It Wa
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
Brad Lawing USC / Florida
The Vent and Coaching cha
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
UF lets Durkin go
2015 schedule is brutal
does anybody think we wil
Gerald Turner

Old 02-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #21
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: 2014 Jeep Cherokee

They need to update it...but that looks like crap.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #22
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I don't know what the Hell that thing is, it doesn't deserve a Jeep badge, let alone the name "Cherokee." It's Front Wheel Drive, and has a 4 cylinder engine, and the article I read doesn't even mention 4-wheel drive. They should just stop kidding themselves by calling it a Cherokee, and make it the next generation Compass.

I was hoping they would make something like the original Cherokee. Something inexpensive, no-frills, with a decent 6 cylinder engine, and the most important part of a Jeep, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE.

Screw Fiat, they are going to do their best to shit on the Jeep brand. If they want to sell their Fiat 500 go-kart here, fine. If they want to put their technology into Chrysler/Dodge cars, fine. But don't screw up Jeep. They do just fine. I thought Chrysler tried hard enough to sink the brand with the Compass/Patriot.

Yes, I feel very strongly about these make believe Jeeps, if you couldn't tell.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #23
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #24
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Uhhhhh....Noooooo...

That is pure Buggly....
Old 02-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #25
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
I don't know what the Hell that thing is, it doesn't deserve a Jeep badge, let alone the name "Cherokee." It's Front Wheel Drive, and has a 4 cylinder engine, and the article I read doesn't even mention 4-wheel drive. They should just stop kidding themselves by calling it a Cherokee, and make it the next generation Compass.

I was hoping they would make something like the original Cherokee. Something inexpensive, no-frills, with a decent 6 cylinder engine, and the most important part of a Jeep, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE.

Screw Fiat, they are going to do their best to shit on the Jeep brand. If they want to sell their Fiat 500 go-kart here, fine. If they want to put their technology into Chrysler/Dodge cars, fine. But don't screw up Jeep. They do just fine. I thought Chrysler tried hard enough to sink the brand with the Compass/Patriot.

Yes, I feel very strongly about these make believe Jeeps, if you couldn't tell.

Agree. Apparently MT reports that this will replace the Liberty. Why do they keep trying to build a woman's jeep?

Edit...read where this might actually have the 3.2-liter version of Chrysler’s Pentastar V-6
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #26
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/2014-cherokee.html
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #27
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
Edit...read where this might actually have the 3.2-liter version of Chrysler’s Pentastar V-6
As an option, just like 4X4 will probably be, but I guarantee the dealers lots will be full of L4 2WD models, just like they are full of 2WD Grand Cherokees. I drive a Grand Cherokee, and while it's not as capable as a Wrangler, it's still probably the most capable vehicle in it's class (At least that your average Joe can afford.) If someone wants a 2WD Jeep, they need to just buy a Dodge.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #28
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Don't think that's the cherokee, or at least not the Grand. They just updated it in 2011. The Pentastar V6 has been in it for a few years now with the Hemi as an option. I have the 2012 as a company car with the Hemi and really like it. I've had several in the past. There are a few things about them that aren't great, like the width of the rear cargo area. Can't put a set of golf clubs in there without going in diagonally. MPG on the hemi is terrible but I'm glad my co pays for that ;) Otherwise, they're pretty solid. The Hemi isn't as fast you may think in the GC but it does have something like a 7200 lb towing cap.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #29
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
As an option, just like 4X4 will probably be, but I guarantee the dealers lots will be full of L4 2WD models, just like they are full of 2WD Grand Cherokees. I drive a Grand Cherokee, and while it's not as capable as a Wrangler, it's still probably the most capable vehicle in it's class (At least that your average Joe can afford.) If someone wants a 2WD Jeep, they need to just buy a Dodge.
ehh, if it was up to me they wouldnt sell v-6 mustangs or camaros either, or a full size truck with the v-6 (exception being the ford ecoboost version)....some people want the look without the backbone

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #30
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Don't think that's the cherokee, or at least not the Grand. They just updated it in 2011. The Pentastar V6 has been in it for a few years now with the Hemi as an option. I have the 2012 as a company car with the Hemi and really like it. I've had several in the past. There are a few things about them that aren't great, like the width of the rear cargo area. Can't put a set of golf clubs in there without going in diagonally. MPG on the hemi is terrible but I'm glad my co pays for that ;) Otherwise, they're pretty solid. The Hemi isn't as fast you may think in the GC but it does have something like a 7200 lb towing cap.
Damn, what company do you work for? Haha. Every company I've heard of has like a 25MPG minimum for company cars.

This is not a re-design/replacement for the Grand Cherokee. This is one model lower, intended to replace the Liberty.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Damn, what company do you work for? Haha. Every company I've heard of has like a 25MPG minimum for company cars.

This is not a re-design/replacement for the Grand Cherokee. This is one model lower, intended to replace the Liberty.
its a disgrace to the Cherokee brand

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #32
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Better clear that up. They actually pay me a car allowance of a certain $ and then reimburse mileage based on a certain mpg car. They include insurance as well so it works out pretty good. I just pay the difference. Costs me about $125 per month out of pocket in total to drive it. Not too bad for a $40k+ suv. Only rule is that the brand must have a plant in the USA, the vehicle must have been stickered for at min of $27,500 when new, 4 doors and 5 model years or newer. That's pretty much anybody now. I
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #33
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his comb

PLEASE! Hurry up football season......
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Let's go muddin'?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Let's go to the mall?
FIFY

Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #36
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I had a Cherokee...never again. Worst auto I ever had

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #37
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I had a Cherokee...never again. Worst auto I ever had
lol, I had a 94 cherokee, it had over 260,000 miles on it before the trans went...i beat the crap out of that thing and the only thing i ever had to replace on it was the alternator...If I could find another one clean and with low miles for a reasonable price I would buy it for a dd

Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #38
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
lol, I had a 94 cherokee, it had over 260,000 miles on it before the trans went...i beat the crap out of that thing and the only thing i ever had to replace on it was the alternator...If I could find another one clean and with low miles for a reasonable price I would buy it for a dd
And I am sure that someone could find a Gremlin that had 500k on it. These types of experiences are individualized and mine was not meant as a sweeping generalization

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
And I am sure that someone could find a Gremlin that had 500k on it. These types of experiences are individualized and mine was not meant as a sweeping generalization
exactly...for every "most hurrible vehicel eva" you can find an "BESTEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVA OWNED!!1!"

Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #40
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Looks like it ate a lemon.