CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
uscgamecocks88
COCKYWOOD
Bobby Boucher
spareparts
GoldenSpur7
Cockhornleghorn
roosterdude21
scfastpitch
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7818)
Sindarius Thornwell (743)
Best Child Acting Pe (455)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (338)
Well gameday just go (331)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (302)
Happy Birthday, Coac (270)
South Carolina @ Aub (196)
Unsung Hero (178)
Your most famous twi (159)
2015 - Darian Roseboro
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Hillsborough
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Spring game 2024
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Softball takes final game
Burger Kings angry whoppe

Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
daworm1014
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
daworm1014 has hatched from the shell
Default Is Dylan a lock for being our starting QB next season?

Or will Nosovitch or Connor Mitch have shot at taking over the starting spot? Of course I am still excited about our season this season and bowl we go too but I think the QB position will be critical if we wanna take that next step to winning an SEC championship or possibly winning a National Title or at least going to a BCS Bowl. We are the youngest team in the country and looking forward to the future.
daworm1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is Dylan a lock for being our starting QB next season?

75% likely that Dylan starts next year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Of course not. They will all battle it out. Well those three. SOS may go with Thompson just becsuse of his experience. But noso and mitch have more upside. I believe. Will be interesting
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #4
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Yes. Noso and Mitch will battle for the backup spot.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #5
Zone15
Recruit

Male

Zone15 has hatched from the shell

Yes, he will be a RS Senior, he has one shot to be the starting QB and he has earned it and deserves it. It is the same reason why Spurrier said at the end of last season that Shaw would be our starter for this year.
Zone15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #6
daworm1014
Walk On

Male

daworm1014 has hatched from the shell

I just think even though he has experience, I think he is just a drop back passer where the other 2 might could run the spread offense similar to what Connor Shaw did but like I said they will battle it out and will see what happens. Just hope whoever it is they have a banner year cause QB play next year will be paramount if we wanna take the next step.
daworm1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone15 View Post
Yes, he will be a RS Senior, he has one shot to be the starting QB and he has earned it and deserves it. It is the same reason why Spurrier said at the end of last season that Shaw would be our starter for this year.
Garcia was a RS senior and Shaw beat him out. You earn your spot in the spring. Spurrier will let them battle.

And to the other poster Mitch is a more traditional dropback passer.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

No. I personally think Nosovitch wins the job since he is pretty much a thicker version of Shaw so the zone read will pose a threat. But obviously it depends on how everybody performs

I know Thompson gets a ton of love on here but I just don't see him starting next year. Hes a good and capable backup but thats about it
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #9
LuckyCharm
Clowney's huge sack

Male

LuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervous

I have a sneaking suspicion Nosovitch can take it from him, but I still think Thompson is the default favorite if none of the other quarterbacks distinguish themselves as clearly better than the guy who has already spent four years at the school. Mitch will have a chance but I don't see it as being likely until 2015 if Dylan wins the starting job in 2014.
LuckyCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #10
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
No. I personally think Nosovitch wins the job since he is pretty much a thicker version of Shaw so the zone read will pose a threat. But obviously it depends on how everybody performs

I know Thompson gets a ton of love on here but I just don't see him starting next year. Hes a good and capable backup but thats about it
Im starting to lean that way myself. Love Thompson for what hes done. He looks great at times. And others can look terrible. Honestly reminds me of Mitchell. When he was on fire he was onr of the best i ever seen. Thrn hed go and throw passes in the dirt.

Thompson has flaws in his mechanics that pop up from time to time that cause him to sail balls. And he has this hitch in his throwing motion that pops up to cause him to one hop blls.
He can put some nice velocity on balls over the middle. But his long balls tend to hang in the air and are ripe for picking off. Something Shaw does pretty well with. I dont understnd why he can put zip on an intermediate throw and have a long ball hang on him. Its a deadly combo because you feel like he shpuld be able to make those better. Its gotta be something in his mechanics.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #11
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion Nosovitch can take it from him, but I still think Thompson is the default favorite if none of the other quarterbacks distinguish themselves as clearly better than the guy who has already spent four years at the school. Mitch will have a chance but I don't see it as being likely until 2015 if Dylan wins the starting job in 2014.
Except for his high school videos I've seen nothing to make me think Nosovich is equal to DT but there is definantly something going on between Spurrier and DT. I don't think Spurrier likes DT. Maybe he is too religious?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:17 AM   #12
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Except for his high school videos I've seen nothing to make me think Nosovich is equal to DT but there is definantly something going on between Spurrier and DT. I don't think Spurrier likes DT. Maybe he is too religious?
You posted this stupid thing in the other thread.

There is nothing going on between Spurrier and Thompson, and if there was it definitely wouldn't be about religion.

Spurrier only said Thompson was gonna play this week so that Clemson would have to prepare for him. Shaw has proven all year long that he is head and shoulders above Thompson
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #13
GarnetAtlanta
Class of 2018

Male

GarnetAtlanta has hatched from the shell

I remember a time last year where people were calling for Dylan to be the starter over Shaw. We all see now how ridiculous that was, and it's just as ridiculous to do the same with Dylan, now that it is his turn to be the lead guy.
GarnetAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #14
Birdwatcher
Walk On

CockyCash: 200
Birdwatcher is learning to peckBirdwatcher is learning to peck

Thomson will start next season barring injury. If USC is kickin' it with MD, he'll stay in.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #15
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Too religious? It was Spurrier who found him a Bible verse before his first start for USC, lol.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #16
LuckyCharm
Clowney's huge sack

Male

LuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervous

I think Spurrier has a loyalty to the guys who paid their dues into the program, but Connor Shaw getting the nod over Dylan is different because Connor was a multi-year starter his senior year, whereas Dylan still has something to prove. just my two cents.
LuckyCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #17
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

I don't think it is a certantity. My heart says it will be Dylan, however my brain tells me that it will be a tough competition. I honestly want the best QB on the field, whoever that is.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #18
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Too religious? It was Spurrier who found him a Bible verse before his first start for USC, lol.
Then why didn't DT play? He soundly beat Clemson last year. Connor needed help this year.Why use Pharoah with trick plays? There is something going on because DT is a very good QB. How many QBs in the last 40 years won in Clemson? That was no fluke. DT manhandled the Tigers.

DT would have put away #5 Mizzou in the 1st half if Davis didn't have fumblitus to kill the momentum twice.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I think you're looking into it too much. This was Connor's last year and he is the better QB. Not knocking Dylan, but its true. Now when Dylan takes the reigns I believe he will perform well knowing the job is his to lose.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Garcia was a RS senior and Shaw beat him out. You earn your spot in the spring. Spurrier will let them battle.
Garcia was kicked off the team. Shaw did not beat him out.

Last edited by Spur's Addiction; 12-02-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Spur's Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote