CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
uscgamecocks88
COCKYWOOD
Bobby Boucher
spareparts
GoldenSpur7
Cockhornleghorn
roosterdude21
scfastpitch
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7818)
Sindarius Thornwell (743)
Best Child Acting Pe (455)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (338)
Well gameday just go (331)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (302)
Happy Birthday, Coac (270)
South Carolina @ Aub (196)
Unsung Hero (178)
Your most famous twi (159)
2015 - Darian Roseboro
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Hillsborough
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Spring game 2024
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Softball takes final game
Burger Kings angry whoppe

Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #21
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit
Default Re: Is Dylan a lock for being our starting QB next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Garcia was kicked of the team. Shaw did not beat him out.
I'm assuming he's talking about ecu.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #22
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Of course not.
Velocity rules!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I'm assuming he's talking about ecu.
SG got benched after the AU fiasco. He was still on the team when Connor ripped UK for a huge win & won SEC OPOW. That qualifies as getting beat out.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
InMyCockyZone
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
InMyCockyZone has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Except for his high school videos I've seen nothing to make me think Nosovich is equal to DT but there is definantly something going on between Spurrier and DT. I don't think Spurrier likes DT. Maybe he is too religious?
Too religious? Then that means he really didn't like like lattimore?
InMyCockyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #25
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone15 View Post
Yes, he will be a RS Senior, he has one shot to be the starting QB and he has earned it and deserves it.
He deserves his shot and will get it, but so do the other QBs. I'm not beyond thinking that Dylan could get beat out next season. But we have seen how Connor developed over time with constant game experience. This will be a factor regardless of who is playing.

We all know we won games because Connor kept drives alive with his running. We probably won't have that next season....our passing will have to improve to compensate and this is where Dylan may get beat out. I love the guy, but want the best guy out there and we do have some talented guys behind Dylan on the roster.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #26
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Except for his high school videos I've seen nothing to make me think Nosovich is equal to DT but there is definantly something going on between Spurrier and DT. I don't think Spurrier likes DT. Maybe he is too religious?
Too religious? What? Ever heard of Danny wufferal
Old 12-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #27
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Tommy Beecher "deserved" and "earned" it in 2008, and we all saw how that worked out.

I think Nosovitch or Mitch have a good shot at starting next year. Thompson is good, but I think the other two are a better fit in the system.

It is a shame that we open up against A&M next year. If we opened against a scrub team, all 3 QBs would have a good chance to "try out" for the starting job.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #28
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Garcia was kicked off the team. Shaw did not beat him out.
Connor won the open competition and started the first game in 2011 at ECU. AKA, beat him out
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Dylan doesn't practice well. That is why he couldn't carve out more playing time from Connor.

Dylan really has to polish up some rough edges this Spring and Summer. We also need Nosovitch and Mitch to push him. This is a HUGE Spring for those two. And do not sleep on Perry Orth either. Spurrier will give him a shot to crack the depth chart. Kid can throw.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #30
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Too religious? It was Spurrier who found him a Bible verse before his first start for USC, lol.

THAT and Spurrier had tons of problems with Lattimore's religion as well... (sarcasm).

Personally I like Dylan. He's talented and at many schools he'd be the only option. Right now we have depth at that position and frankly I think that Dylan will be prone to interceptions and that will kill his long term chances at remaining the starter. Dylan can get you the quick strike as he throws a good long ball. However he tends to throw the ball in there sometimes OVERLY trusting our receivers to play defense a little as well.

I think Dylan will have his chance to be the man and stay the man. If he does the job and doesn't turn the ball over, he'll be the man for his senior year. If not, then Noso or Mitch will get their chances.

That's as it should be.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #31
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
LMAO. THE dumbest post ever, not even close.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #32
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Always an open competition. May the best man win!
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #33
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
LMAO. THE dumbest post ever, not even close.
You need to learn to express thoughts better than this. Answer the question or behave yourself and don't say anything. It's very difficult to converse with a hero worshipper with thin skin.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #34
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

DT will be the starter going into fall camp. Spring will be all about who will be #2 between Mitch and Noso. Fall will be interesting however. The guy who develops the most over the summer may be poised to take the reins. In fact we may not even have a sure #1 until we are actually playing the opener against aTm. I expect there to be a very short hook in that game.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #35
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

I don't see DT being the starter next year. If he didn't play at all vs Tenn and Clemson that speaks volumes.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Are you serious? Someone has some issues...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #37
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by daworm1014 View Post
Or will Nosovitch or Connor Mitch have shot at taking over the starting spot? Of course I am still excited about our season this season and bowl we go too but I think the QB position will be critical if we wanna take that next step to winning an SEC championship or possibly winning a National Title or at least going to a BCS Bowl. We are the youngest team in the country and looking forward to the future.
Spurrier has been consistent at one thing during his career at Duke, Florida, and here at South Carolina.....the BEST QB will start regardless of their experience, or time on the team. If it is close you go with experience but otherwise the best man wins period.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #38
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

It will be interesting to see who not only starts game one, but you starts game 12...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #39
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
Spurrier has been consistent at one thing during his career at Duke, Florida, and here at South Carolina.....the BEST QB will start regardless of their experience, or time on the team. If it is close you go with experience but otherwise the best man wins period.
I agree. Connor Mitch, physically, might be the best QB Spurrier has ever had and he's supposedly a really good, smart kid- not a cocky %$@$ like Grossman. As of right now it is Dylan's job to lose, but Mitch had a rocket arm in HS, which I presume has only gotten more powerful and accurate. He was 6-3 210 at 17 years old... he had a learning year. WOOOHOOO WE ARE STACKED AT QB.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #40
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

I hope it's legitimate open competition. No one will benefit if the starter is decided by who has been on campus longer and "paid their dues". If Thompson wins the job through his play the great but if Nosovitch, Mitch or Orth play better then they should get the nod.

There are tons of guys who come to USC every year and put in the uniform, practice and even see some action but it's not a personal knock if they never become a starter.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote