CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
Thenardier
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1826)
Can Tennessee get to (1259)
ESPN Article on HBC (988)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (794)
2 Crazy things (759)
Spread vs. aTm (745)
Chick Redefines the (721)
Lindy's top 100 for (704)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (609)
The Bama series (503)
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo

Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #81
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Saturday's Fans

I will also say this:

Over the course of the game I saw three fans being ejected from section 305 for being argumentative, aggressive assholes.

They were not wearing Garnet.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #82
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Those of you whining about the students are pretty sad. It's the student section for gods sake. What do you expect. The halftime show was pretty funny, and not "classless". Just good natured ribbing.

Those of you that weren't at the game yet are complaining about fan behavior are the real problem. The worst fan behavior possible is not showing up to the game. It's kind of like not voting, and complaining about the government.
Except one of them costs at least 100 bucks five weekends a year, and the other is free. Dont go there.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #83
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Georgia students threw water bottles at us a few years back at Sanford. Wah wah wah
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #84
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

So what, it's not like anybody threw feces.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #85
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
People smoke crack everywhere as well, people murder people everywhere as well...if they start swan diving off the top deck do you think we should do that as well or that would be ok? Soon this "knockout" game could be everywhere but it will never be a civil or gentlemen thing to do nor is it OK and neither will throwing things that could no matter the intent cause bodily harm and for sure it is not OK at a game. Lets not teach our kids to throw things at the other team during pop warner or little league games, it is not OK, no matter how bad you want to win the game or mad you get! I have said many times say what you want, yell what you want but when you put your hands or touch me the line has been crossed so I do unto others as I would want them done to me as all should! Show some class you are a GAMECOCK and what others do should have no impact on what you do otherwise you are just a follower of them!
1 - Well, when things escalate that high, we will see when the Law decides to turn up and do something. That's absurd. You're comparing pushing and shoving, and throwing of bottles by a SMALL PERCENTAGE of fans, to smoking crack and murder...

2 - You're barking up the wrong tree. 99% of people that post on CockyTalk, when they're posting, are sober. The people causing the problems in the stands are generally not. If you really want to make a difference:

A) Run around before the game in the popular tailgating areas teaching/warning people about what a "Classy" Gamecock is.

or

B) Write a letter to the event management team at USC/USC Police/Columbia Police about it and see if they will up their security in certain sections, or throughout the stadium.

Stop acting like people are dying in the stands. Are things happening that shouldn't? Yes. Is it wrong? Yes. Would I be pissed if these things happened to by daughter, son, or me? Yes I would. But you've got to realize that this world does not revolve around you. No offense...
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #86
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24997962
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

The photo use by the P&C, I am in it.....I didn't throw anything at the Clemson players, I could lose my job had I, but I was front row for that student/Clemson assistant altercation. May have gotten video of it as well.

Gapo
Old 12-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #87
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

If you think this is a society problem then You need to go check your history...and you are 100% wrong.

Fan behavior has gotten remarkably better over say the last 50+ years. If you think going to the Carolina/Clemson game was some sort of garden party in the past...well you are sadly mistaken.

I'll reference the 1961 "Prank" game specifically. Newspaper articles at the time mention how many fights there were in the stands and how this was considered regular behavior for the the rivalry game. Not to mention the fight that broke out on the field while the prank was going on. The game had to be delayed 30 minutes b/c of the pre-game fighting...yet that part barley gets a mention in the papers compared to the fights that took place after kickoff.

At The post WW2 Big Thursday games the band had to play the national anthem multiple times at halftime b/c it was the only way to get the mass fights to stop; as the men were conditioned to stop and salute the flag when the anthem was played.

The world wasn't all teddy bears and rainbows in the past. And a couple of plastic bottle thrown at the opposing team is child's play compared how fans behaved in the "good ole days"

Read your history people...you might learn something.

Last edited by Nureye; 12-02-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #88
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

I didn't go to the game but I did throw an empty water bottle at this dumbass thread.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #89
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I wouldnt listen to anything that drama queen says
I saw it.They threw everything they could throw. Really surprised the cops that watched it happen didn't do anything.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #90
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Let he without sin cast the first Fighting Cock bottle and I shalt drink it.

It's not like they threw bags of urine. Yes that's a real thing.

#butthurttatercrying
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #91
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
If privileged means: I've worked hard to earn the money it takes to support my football team. Then please call me privileged all you want. I take it as a compliment.

You aren't endearing yourself to anyone.

You assume that other people like me who work just as hard, maybe even harder than you aren't working hard enough because we cant afford to go to the games.

Just stop. You are making yourself sound even worse.

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #92
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
You aren't endearing yourself to anyone.

You assume that other people like me who work just as hard, maybe even harder than you aren't working hard enough because we cant afford to go to the games.

Just stop. You are making yourself sound even worse.
I didn't say that at all. I was speaking of myself only. I work hard. Make money and earn the privilege to buy season tickets and support my Univeristy and it's athletics.

I think the athletic department and all of our athletes will agree when I say: they appreciate my kind of support far more than 12,000 posts on a fan board and the occasional purchase of a t-shirt from Garnet and Black traditions.

Saying you support something and actually having skin in the game are two totally different things. (Reminds me of people that say "I support our troops." How? Err, I put a sticker on the back of my car that says "I support our troops.")

And my guess is that those football players that represent the University of South Carolina appreciate all of those students that made it a hornets nest of an atmosphere Saturday night a heck of a lot more than the folks that blindly criticize those same students for "classless" behavior.

Last edited by Nureye; 12-02-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #93
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Anyone see the post on Taternet alleging that some Carolina fan crapped on a cLLLLLemson fan's truck?
Old 12-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #94
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
If you think this is a society problem then You need to go check your history...and you are 100% wrong.

Fan behavior has gotten remarkably better over say the last 50+ years. If you think going to the Carolina/Clemson game was some sort of garden party in the past...well you are sadly mistaken.

I'll reference the 1961 "Prank" game specifically. Newspaper articles at the time mention how many fights there were in the stands and how this was considered regular behavior for the the rivalry game. Not to mention the fight that broke out on the field while the prank was going on. The game had to be delayed 30 minutes b/c of the pre-game fighting...yet that part barley gets a mention in the papers compared to the fights that took place after kickoff.

At The post WW2 Big Thursday games the band had to play the national anthem multiple times at halftime b/c it was the only way to get the mass fights to stop; as the men were conditioned to stop and salute the flag when the anthem was played.

The world wasn't all teddy bears and rainbows in the past. And a couple of plastic bottle thrown at the opposing team is child's play compared how fans behaved in the "good ole days"

Read your history people...you might learn something.
thats not what the older people tell us though, they tell us kids these days are the worst, that nobody did this back in the day...of course then they go into detail about the fight with Maryland and the prank as if its a war story. Listen bottles were thrown, get over it. boohoo to dabo, and boo hoo to you "i am classier than thou" fans. I was sitting on the other side, but guess what we also chanted "F U Clemson" multiple times, threw up birds during entrance and exit, yelled "F Clemson" after go fight win kickass, called Dabo bad things, Boyd bad things, and it is the same stuff that has gone on for my whole career with Florida. and honestly since i have been going to games our students have done this. So make up your minds do you want us to be quiet, leave early, or stay the whole time *and 45 minutes after in yesterdays case* and be loud and hostile like a real SEC Powerhouse, or....not. if you say not, then please dont be proud of the prank, or lefty getting knocked out.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #95
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Plastic bottles? No Big deal, not cool, but not a big deal.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #96
hambone411
Walk On

Male

hambone411 has hatched from the shell

Did anyone mention the little march they did arm in arm into the endzone/student section before the game? I guess that wasn't meant to piss anyone off. One awesome moment from section 504 was when the team went up by two scores and a guy stood at the top of the stairs for 5-10 minutes signaling all the upper deck urange to get on out. And they abided.
hambone411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #97
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

I thought this was gonna be a thread talking about how awesome our fans were Saturday, and thanking them for helping make our home field advantage one of the best in the nation!

Not this junk.... it's football people, if you don't want any of this to happen then don't let anybody under 25 into college and ban alcohol at all sporting events. Otherwise, take your complaining somewhere else... like tigernet
Old 12-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #98
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

This really takes some of the fun out of it. I was hoping it wasn't true....admittedly I didn't see it, and therefore was hoping it didn't happen. However, in my opinion, there is no room for this.

On the other hand....anyone that thinks crap like this doesn't happen at Clemson is sadly mistaken. I was flipped off by a 4 year old within 5 minutes of getting out of my car the first time I went to a game up there. Knew right then I wasn't at a church service like they would have you believe.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #99
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
This really takes some of the fun out of it. I was hoping it wasn't true....admittedly I didn't see it, and therefore was hoping it didn't happen. However, in my opinion, there is no room for this.
Precisely. There is no room for this. It reflects badly on the ENTIRE fan base. I don't give a damn if it happens at other places (I had my car vandalized at a Clemson baseball-yes baseball-game). Just because it happens other places doesn't give us the right to do it too. We are, and should remain, above this kind of behavior. This is the kind of shenanigans that Ray does not look kindly on.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #100
shawmeyourtds
Walk On

Male

shawmeyourtds has hatched from the shell

trust me there's truth behind it, people were throwing bottles
shawmeyourtds is offline   Reply With Quote