CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Lalli25
sporkgod50
i29gman
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
F4rpoole
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1839)
The #AskEmmert Q& (596)
Stadium Ratings-Site (465)
Peach Bowl name retu (295)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (293)
Construction of Worl (293)
Save Electricity By (247)
HELP calculating acr (214)
NBA Wants to Up Age (162)
How Experienced In P (146)
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 12-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #101
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Saturday's Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawmeyourtds View Post
trust me there's truth behind it, people were throwing bottles
I saw the video of it this morning on News 4 here in Charleston.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #102
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Meh, this happens here and up there. At the Brawl of '04, their student section threw bottles, and punched/kicked at our players. It's a rivalry game, it is what it is.

It would be better if things like that didn't happen, but if clemson doesn't like it, then be the bigger person and don't do it going forward. You can damn well guarantee next year though that we'll be saying the same thing about their fans at their stadium.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #103
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Question: Does Gene Sapakoff have something against USC? He attacked the band on Twitter last night and he went after Shawn Elliott on Twitter after the UT game.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #104
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

While the students shouldn't have thrown stuff at the Clemson players/coaches, the Clemson players shouldn't have been down there yelling at and taunting the student section. They brought that on themselves.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #105
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
Question: Does Gene Sapakoff have something against USC? He attacked the band on Twitter last night and he went after Shawn Elliott on Twitter after the UT game.
He's a Clemsux fan.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #106
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
He's a Clemsux fan.
Thanks. He called Shawn Elliott "Classless" after he tweeted something about watching Clemson/FSU. Funny. I doubt he would ever say that to his face.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #107
ApexCock
Recruit

Male

ApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Lol, you join in Nov 2013 and have 1 post and you want us to trust you???
ApexCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #108
appcenter52
Recruit

Male

appcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie9 View Post
Our students can get pretty nasty. It was really embarassing when I was there. Some students think it is cool to be rude and obnoxious when they go off to college.

You can be passionate without giving the bird to and cussing out the other team.
Seriously? EVERY SINGLE RIVALRY GAME IN THE COUNTRY has fans cussing and giving the bird to the opposing team. Did you see any of the Michigan vs. Ohio State?
appcenter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #109
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I didn't say that at all. I was speaking of myself only. I work hard. Make money and earn the privilege to buy season tickets and support my Univeristy and it's athletics.

I think the athletic department and all of our athletes will agree when I say: they appreciate my kind of support far more than 12,000 posts on a fan board and the occasional purchase of a t-shirt from Garnet and Black traditions.

Saying you support something and actually having skin in the game are two totally different things. (Reminds me of people that say "I support our troops." How? Err, I put a sticker on the back of my car that says "I support our troops.")

And my guess is that those football players that represent the University of South Carolina appreciate all of those students that made it a hornets nest of an atmosphere Saturday night a heck of a lot more than the folks that blindly criticize those same students for "classless" behavior.

You still have the "holier than thou" attitude. I work hard and earn money, and I am a proud member of the Gamecock Club, so don't even try to assume that I do not support our boys.

I would LOVE to have season tickets. Hell, I would love to make more than a game a year, but I have bills, and I have to make tough decisions on how I spend my money, and unfortunately going to football games is not highest on my list of things to spend money on.

If you think that they don't appreciate all the fans, even the ones who can't make it to the games, then that is a very poor attitude to have.

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #110
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

If going to games make you a better fan, do I get bonus points for all the away and bowl games? I should get a lot of points for staying the entire 4 quarters of the Papa John's Bowl.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #111
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Whatever...Its the Carolina klempzun game....I know there is another couple of young klempzun guys that was sitting in Section 8 that learned not to use foul words and and flip off the whole section..
Also in Quad 1 Space 2 a klempzun fan got his face bashed in for hitting someones TV in their private tailgate area...
Old 12-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #112
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Whatever...Its the Carolina klempzun game....I know there is another couple of young klempzun guys that was sitting in Section 8 that learned not to use foul words and and flip off the whole section..
Also in Quad 1 Space 2 a klempzun fan got his face bashed in for hitting someones TV in their private tailgate area...
Hitting their tv? How did that come about?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #113
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
If going to games make you a better fan, do I get bonus points for all the away and bowl games? I should get a lot of points for staying the entire 4 quarters of the Papa John's Bowl.
They should make you the "Legendary fan of the game" for sticking out the Papa John's bowl.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #114
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
They should make you the "Legendary fan of the game" for sticking out the Papa John's bowl.
I will take it! I figured I had driven to B-Ham, spent money on everything, might as well stick it out.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #115
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
So true. This bowl caused me to swear off papa john's pizza forever.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #116
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Awww...did some people get hit by da widdle pwastic boddles?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #117
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Hitting their tv? How did that come about?
...Sorry...It was actually space 25...anyway...he just walked over to the tailgate while the middle of the 4th quarter was going on and we scored..He took his fist and hit the flat screen...Of course he was drunk..
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #118
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
...Sorry...It was actually space 25...anyway...he just walked over to the tailgate while the middle of the 4th quarter was going on and we scored..He took his fist and hit the flat screen...Of course he was drunk..
Oh, well then he deserved it. At first I was thinking they beat the dude because he bumped into it while drunk or something. Punching the tv, on the other hand, warranted a pounding.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #119
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
Yes the bottle throwing happened. I was in the student section and there were at least two dozen bottles thrown towards the Clemson players and coaches as they were leaving the field. It was pretty embarrassing and not a very good representation of our school. That was my only complaint about the student section though, because the rest of the game we were loud and very into the game.
Only complaint?

That cannot happen!!! It's called assault, it's criminal and at a minimum, regardless of prosecution, they should be banned from all Gamecock sporting events for life. If true, at future games there is no excuse for not having adequate law enforcement present to both protect the opposing team and apprehend these criminals.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #120
Jack Garnet
@SCBravesFan23

Male

CockyCash: 483
Jack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
They should give you a medal and key to the city for sticking it through that game. Wasn't it like 20 degrees that day too??

Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote