CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Roosterdog
F4rpoole
GoldenSpur7
fridayserv
Lalli25
CockTail
gamecock88
Yearofthegamecock
B-G
JaxcockFL
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1154)
Byron the bunny...fe (541)
The #AskEmmert Q& (454)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
Shameless self promo (301)
One thing I was glad (168)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (145)
Peach Bowl name retu (143)
Save Electricity By (71)
Construction of Worl (62)
What is your perfect egg?
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
Amazon Fire TV
Where will we be preseaso
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
2014 Gamecock Football Po

Old 12-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #21
Rooster Booster
Pastor of Disaster

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rooster Booster has feathers coming inRooster Booster has feathers coming in
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Wow. I dont think you should post ever again. No one is attacking/bashing him. I clearly gave him resect and props. But people wanna act like hes some great quarterback. He is a very gifted athleate. With limited passing ability. But like i said , that doesnt take away from everything hes done for the university. He is undoubtedly one of the greatest gamecocks of all time.
You're just patronizing Connor Shaw. I still want you to answer my question - would you trade Connor Shaw for Tajh Boyd?

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Wooooo!" - Ric Flair
Rooster Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #22
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom Elite View Post
Maybe thats because he doesn't need to risk sketchy throws when he can take off and run for a first down. Maybe that's why Boyd gets picked off.

For years I've watched Hopkins and Watkins save his ass.
Great QBs attempt and make those throws. Heck average QBs do too. Ever wondered why we see spurriers passing tree fully when Thompson is in? He will attempt them. He'll complete 50% lol but thats better thn not attempting them at all.

Its very rare shaw takes off and gets the first down. Most of the time he scampers around back to the line. Or gains a few. When there was someone running wide open. Spurrier has mentioned this countless times.

And look, if you put the ball in the air a lot its going to get picked off. If thompsons starts next year hes going to throw ints.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #23
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Booster View Post
You're just patronizing Connor Shaw. I still want you to answer my question - would you trade Connor Shaw for Tajh Boyd?
No im not. Im being honest. Showing his weakness and giving credit where crdit is do. And ypu never asked me a question until now.

And its tpugh. It really is. Id be intrested to see what spurrier cpuld do with him. Even tho hes a more talented quarterback he is soft af. I love Shaw's will to win. I love how hr lays it out for hfor our team. I admire those traits. I really do. Thats something you cant teach. I was telling my friends at the game theres no way he loses his last game at WB.

I think with spurrier coaching boyd i wpuld. He just has so much more upside. And i think a elite passing game would have got us past the hump. I say that but it would be tough.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #24
Socom Elite
Walk On

Male

Socom Elite has hatched from the shell

Also don't forget that Tajh gets a ton of yards by throwing a shitload of 2 yd screen passes that the receiver takes off for extra yards against the crappy D that they play most of the year.

Connor can throw on the run too.

If being the best QB meant standing still and throwing the ball maybe I can see where some might take Boyd. But there is much more to being a QB than that. Boyd doesn't scramble well, isn't as good of a leader and is just a bitch under pressure
Socom Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #25
Rooster Booster
Pastor of Disaster

Male

Rooster Booster has feathers coming inRooster Booster has feathers coming in

So, bottom line - you'd trade Connor Shaw for Tajh Boyd. Correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Wooooo!" - Ric Flair
Rooster Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:54 AM   #26
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Booster View Post
So, bottom line - you'd trade Connor Shaw for Tajh Boyd. Correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Im honestly having a hard time with this. Only because shaws heart and determination. Boyd cracks but then again he carved up uga and lsu. I gotta go with yes. Just more upside. If you took their names off. And i could choose between the two players' skill sets i would go with boyd. Every day. Its nothing personal with them. I cant stand boyd. But as a football player its different. Im not a boyd fan. Or a murray fan. I just have resepct for where its due. Ya know?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Creepy. .
Ok Pantera17/Oceana...you supposed to be some black guy this time around? Maybe after you get banned this time, you can come back as a girl? Use a hot pic for your avatar?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #28
papaskids
Walk On

Male

papaskids has hatched from the shell

Now let me see,Saturday night's stats.....Boyd 1 fumble and 2 int's.Connor Shaw 0 fumbles 0 int's.You must be a Tater gushing all over Boyd being the better QB.Oh and by the way,how many times has Boyd beaten the Gamecocks in his career?Oh that's right never.
papaskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #29
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Sammy Watkins (Career) vs USC
15 catches 169 yards 0 TD's

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #30
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
You can't do this, because stretching statistics to project things is anything but scientific, and it proves nothing, usually.

For example, we could use the trends in average times to run a mile for endurance runners (such as marathoners) to determine when -- if ever -- someone would run a mile in under 2 minutes. The problem with that is the trend would eventually show us people would end up running the mile in a NEGATIVE amount of time, which, of course, isn't possible.

So, while your premise is admirable, statistics shouldn't be extended to make a point.
Yes you can he just did and people do it all the time, the example you used is trying to project an outcome and he is skewing stats to try and compare apples to apples not to project. It is a hypothetical comparison and used in sports, business....all the time!
qcgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #31
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Great QBs attempt and make those throws. Heck average QBs do too. Ever wondered why we see spurriers passing tree fully when Thompson is in? He will attempt them. He'll complete 50% lol but thats better thn not attempting them at all.

Its very rare shaw takes off and gets the first down. Most of the time he scampers around back to the line. Or gains a few. When there was someone running wide open. Spurrier has mentioned this countless times.

And look, if you put the ball in the air a lot its going to get picked off. If thompsons starts next year hes going to throw ints.
How do you accrue 658yds rushing if most of the time he scampers back to the line of scrimmage, that is just an idiotic statement IMO. He has an uncanny ability to keep drives alive with his feet, he just Saturday saved several drives with his feet on 3rd down!
qcgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #32
TheUSCMike
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lol. Boyd is better.
I dont have much resepct for shaw the QB. Looking from an unbiased account.
:lo ser:

Your bias shows every time you post
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #33
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:

You know nothing about a football. Taking care of the football and not taking too many unnecessary risks is not a weakness but a strength. It's why we have won so many games with Shaw. He can run the ball extremely well, so he does that from time to time. He has had GREAT running backs in Marcus Lattimore AND MIKE DAVIS and Brandon Wilds is good too, they NEED to get their carries. Football in the SEC is won by who can run the football and avoid turnovers. If you don't understand that, you must be a newb. Shaw has proven time and time again he he can make ANY throw, he is doesn't to go out there and show off. 21 touchdowns 1 int this year with over 2,500 yards passing. That is a great QB.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote