CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Lalli25
sporkgod50
i29gman
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
F4rpoole
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1839)
The #AskEmmert Q& (596)
Stadium Ratings-Site (465)
Peach Bowl name retu (295)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (293)
Construction of Worl (293)
Save Electricity By (247)
HELP calculating acr (214)
NBA Wants to Up Age (162)
How Experienced In P (146)
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #121
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: Saturday's Fans

Hey at least the players didnt fight each other. A few bottles errr towels, whatever... things could have been much worse.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #122
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
While the students shouldn't have thrown stuff at the Clemson players/coaches, the Clemson players shouldn't have been down there yelling at and taunting the student section. They brought that on themselves.
They did a little taunting, but nothing over the top. It may have had more to do with Dabo jawing with the refs about the blatant grounding call every play after it happened an as he ran off the field at the half. I still can't see his argument on that one. He was just being a little bitch.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #123
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
They did a little taunting, but nothing over the top.
I know. I was simply saying that they didn't help themselves by doing that. All they did was piss the students off.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #124
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Garnet View Post
They should give you a medal and key to the city for sticking it through that game. Wasn't it like 20 degrees that day too??
It was 13 on the shaded side of the stadium. I stayed for the fireworks and alma mater.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #125
Birdwatcher
Walk On

Birdwatcher is learning to peckBirdwatcher is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
Let's please not start this "not a fan because you aren't at the game".
Unfortunate, due to my work schedule and other financial issue, only make 1-2 games a year if I am lucky, and I have to choose carefully when I go. I cannot afford 300+ dollars for a Carolina/Clemson ticket.

I cheer my heart out at home or at the bar or wherever I am.. If that makes me less of a fan, well I guess there is nothing I can do about that.
Yes, Gal. I contributed to the GC Club and held season tix for 18 seasons. I saw a lot of bad football over those years. I was right there for "0-21."

Last game I attended in person was the win over Bama in 2010. I think I'll leave it at that.

You can absolutely pull for the Gamecocks from your couch. Keep it up.

To those who think it's wrong for students to throw plastic bottles at tiger players, learn to hate those bitches. We own them.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #126
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
Yes, Gal. I contributed to the GC Club and held season tix for 18 seasons. I saw a lot of bad football over those years. I was right there for "0-21."

Last game I attended in person was the win over Bama in 2010. I think I'll leave it at that.

You can absolutely pull for the Gamecocks from your couch. Keep it up.

To those who think it's wrong for students to throw plastic bottles at tiger players, learn to hate those bitches. We own them.
Throwing bottles at the Clemson team is equivalent to throwing bottles at a circus tiger who just sits in a cage with a dejected look on its face. It's animal abuse.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #127
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
You are a better fan if you can go to games. Period. End of. Don't make excuses.

However, I wasn't criticizing people that didn't go to the game. I was criticizing people that didn't go to the game yet feel they have the right to judge fan behavior inside the stadium.
I've missed 4 games in the last 30 years so maybe you will respect my opinion, not sure. Any graduate, student or fan of the University, whether they are at a football game or not, has a right to be critical of behavior that reflects poorly on that University.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #128
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
They should make you the "Legendary fan of the game" for sticking out the Papa John's bowl.
No it was just too cold to move
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #129
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Quote:
I didn't say that at all. I was speaking of myself only. I work hard. Make money and earn the privilege to buy season tickets and support my Univeristy and it's athletics.

I think the athletic department and all of our athletes will agree when I say: they appreciate my kind of support far more than 12,000 posts on a fan board and the occasional purchase of a t-shirt from Garnet and Black traditions.

Saying you support something and actually having skin in the game are two totally different things. (Reminds me of people that say "I support our troops." How? Err, I put a sticker on the back of my car that says "I support our troops.")

And my guess is that those football players that represent the University of South Carolina appreciate all of those students that made it a hornets nest of an atmosphere Saturday night a heck of a lot more than the folks that blindly criticize those same students for "classless" behavior.
As a former part of the Gamecock football program, we appreciate every fan out there, and we'd much rather be around the "average" fan than a pompous ass such as yourself.

Reading into your previous posts, however, you will probably take pompous ass as a compliment as well.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #130
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

I live in a different state. I've never been to a game. Am I not a fan? I have supported USC since I was old enough to understand what football was and I will support them the rest of my life. I watch ever minute of every game from my home. I'm up with the team, down with the team, and I was every bit as pumped up about beating that team from the upstate Saturday night as any fan in the stands. Don't say I'm not a fan, because you don't know what you're talking about if you do.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #131
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
1 - Well, when things escalate that high, we will see when the Law decides to turn up and do something. That's absurd. You're comparing pushing and shoving, and throwing of bottles by a SMALL PERCENTAGE of fans, to smoking crack and murder...

2 - You're barking up the wrong tree. 99% of people that post on CockyTalk, when they're posting, are sober. The people causing the problems in the stands are generally not. If you really want to make a difference:

A) Run around before the game in the popular tailgating areas teaching/warning people about what a "Classy" Gamecock is.

or

B) Write a letter to the event management team at USC/USC Police/Columbia Police about it and see if they will up their security in certain sections, or throughout the stadium.

Stop acting like people are dying in the stands. Are things happening that shouldn't? Yes. Is it wrong? Yes. Would I be pissed if these things happened to by daughter, son, or me? Yes I would. But you've got to realize that this world does not revolve around you. No offense...
LMAO, I do not think the world revolves around me and wrote that in regards to those saying it is not a big deal it happens everywhere, did not compare it to smoking crack or murder one time, get a life! You state it is wrong and would be pissed if these things happen to you or your family so you agree, no matter what other people do around the country it does not make it ok to do it in Williams Brice and that is my opinion, take it or leave it. It is classless to throw things at people with out regards to the consequences and to say it happens everywhere so it is ok is as irresponsible as the folks throwing things was my point, so hop off your soap box and bark up a different tree since in your statement you agree that it is wrong!

Last edited by qcgamecock; 12-02-2013 at 04:25 PM.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #132
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
As a former part of the Gamecock football program, we appreciate every fan out there, and we'd much rather be around the "average" fan than a pompous ass such as yourself.

Reading into your previous posts, however, you will probably take pompous ass as a compliment as well.
What part of the football program did you take part in?

I hope it wasn't the part that monitored whether our student section was on their best behavior.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #133
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Who was the Clemson staff member that came into the student section and punched a kid?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #134
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Quote:
What part of the football program did you take part in?

I hope it wasn't the part that monitored whether our student section was on their best behavior.
I was on the field, what have you done for the football program? Tell me about all the time you invested?

I was up at 5 AM for winter workouts, I spent the long summers in the heat, I made the daily crossing from WB to the practice field. But I must admit your money must absolutely be what matters most.

GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #135
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
I was on the field, what have you done for the football program? Tell me about all the time you invested?

I was up at 5 AM for winter workouts, I spent the long summers in the heat, I made the daily crossing from WB to the practice field. But I must admit your money must absolutely be what matters most.

Those are great sacrifices. I'm sure we all appreciate them.

Did you get to play, and/or earn a scholarship?

Are you paying it forward now by joining the Gamecock Club to support future and current athletes?

Hope so. I hope you aren't resting on your laurels and talking about what you used to do. That would be too much like a Tater for my tastes.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #136
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Those are great sacrifices. I'm sure we all appreciate them.

Did you get to play, and/or earn a scholarship?

Are you paying it forward now by joining the Gamecock Club to support future and current athletes?

Hope so. I hope you aren't resting on your laurels and talking about what you used to do. That would be too much like a Tater for my tastes.
Your original point was that going to games automatically makes you a better fan. To me that's like saying putting the most presents under the tree at Christmas makes you the best parent.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #137
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Your original point was that going to games automatically makes you a better fan. To me that's like saying putting the most presents under the tree at Christmas makes you the best parent.
Err no.

Saying you are a huge fan and not going to games...especially the Clemson game. Is like calling yourself a great parent, and not showing up for Christmas to see your kids.

Obviously, there are exceptions. But we can argue about that all day.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #138
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Who was the Clemson staff member that came into the student section and punched a kid?
Was he that former recruit for Clemson who suffered a stroke, and his scholly was honored, and now he is associated with Clemson's team somehow. Jake Ni..(sp)? Someone said he was arrested at the game on Tigernet.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #139
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

criminal haha, its a bottle without a lid, those things can't even fly like 20 feet. people these days.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #140
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1667066
evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

When you do this and walk directly toward our student section and your dipshit players bark at our students, then yes you shouldnt be suprised when you get pelted with trash. Dont act like a piece of shit and you wont get treated like one.