CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
ertman420
usc90grad
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1291)
ESPN article on Clow (965)
Clemson Georgia Game (777)
Mangus now coaching (336)
Can Tennessee get to (255)
Chick Redefines the (218)
Truly Inspiring (195)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (176)
Spread vs. aTm (174)
New Led Zep releases (165)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN article on Clowney -
Mangus now coaching TEs
2015 - Taj Griffin
SEC Network "Take It
2 Crazy things
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Spread vs. aTm
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Acock reviews the SEC Net

Old 12-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #81
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is Dylan a lock for being our starting QB next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daworm1014 View Post
Or will Nosovitch or Connor Mitch have shot at taking over the starting spot? Of course I am still excited about our season this season and bowl we go too but I think the QB position will be critical if we wanna take that next step to winning an SEC championship or possibly winning a National Title or at least going to a BCS Bowl. We are the youngest team in the country and looking forward to the future.
IMO it's best said that there's no such thing as a "lock" at QB position under Spurrier, but Dylan should have the best position to earn the job next season. He has a wealth of experience and should understand the offense completely by now. The others will surely get their chance to compete for the job and if Dylan makes mistakes then I can definitely see Spurrier giving them a chance to step up...

I was surprised to not see Dylan come into the game versus Clemson like it was supposedly planned by the staff. He's certainly earned the confidence that he can perform in such a big-time atmosphere such as going against our in-state rival, and IMO he is more confident playing in Williams-Brice than elsewhere (as he should be). But maybe he'll get a chance to appear in the bowl game....
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #82
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Connor Mitch didn't come to South Carolina to be a backup, and I am pretty sure that he will win that starting job in the Spring. No offense Dylan.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #83
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
lets look at his stats instead of having arguments based opinions.

huge drop off this year in his td to int ratio: 10:2 in 2012 4:3 this year.
(it gets even worse if you just look at his starts)

his completion percentage was improved from last year. its up nearly 10 points and that doesnt change with or without excluding non starting stats.

my point was we don't really know if we're gonna be getting the qb who went 23/41 for 310 yds 3 tds 1 INT (Clemson 2012) or the one that went 15/27 for 233 0 tds and 1 INT (his start this year).

blame it on the other players all you like, the first qb starts next year the second I hope does not. Here's to hoping DT reverts to his 2012 form.
15/27 233yds 0 tds and 1 int in 1 half and I blamed nothing on other players, it is a fact that the fumble at the 2yd line killed that drive and the fumble on the 31yd line ended the drive it is also a fact that several drops for whatever reason killed momentum one being a sure TD to Byrd and another by a sure handed Anderson would have been a 1st down so no opinion involved. Thompson ran for 3 TD's this year as well, it is ridiculous to compare the 2 games and say Thompson was this QB in 2012 and this QB in 2013, we could do the same thing for most QB's. Shaw had a great year but he was not without a bad game or critical play that cost us a game but that is what happens in football!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #84
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Dylan is not a lock.

He lacks consistency. His last two games, he was overthrowing most of his passes.

Also, he needs to avoid staring at his primary receiver.

I love Dylan and think he will be great but also admit that he has been sub-par this year and I don't know why.
I couldn't agree more.

sporkgod50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #85
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

They will all push each other so if one of them doesn't have the work ethic the others have then they won't improve, it will show and they won't play. I expect it to be a nice battle throughout the spring and summer but Coach will will have his guy by fall practice.

Huge game #1 next season. Gotta win that game.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #86
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

All I know is that we should have a damn good team next year!

I think it's Dylan's job to lose. Whoever it is, is gonna have a great OL, losing only Patrick. We'll add in Park, Rodgers or move Waldrop or C stadnick. Loaded at RB, WR, and TE with a star in Cooper set to emerge!

A defense that will be great again. No huge star on the DL but tons of depth! LBs and Spur should be better and more experienced. Should return top 4 safeties in Brison, Elder, Marcus and Gurley.

Only position of concern is CB. Christian looks to be a lock as a starter with all the snaps he got this year. Rico, Martin and Groves will have to step up. Hopefully we can sign Green. Maybe move Jamari back to CB.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #87
Gamecock History
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudlyGamecock History is crowing loudly

Interestingly, Thompson ran a 4.72 40 yard dash and Nosovitch ran a 4.84 this year.
Gamecock History is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #88
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
15/27 233yds 0 tds and 1 int in 1 half and I blamed nothing on other players, it is a fact that the fumble at the 2yd line killed that drive and the fumble on the 31yd line ended the drive it is also a fact that several drops for whatever reason killed momentum one being a sure TD to Byrd and another by a sure handed Anderson would have been a 1st down so no opinion involved. Thompson ran for 3 TD's this year as well, it is ridiculous to compare the 2 games and say Thompson was this QB in 2012 and this QB in 2013, we could do the same thing for most QB's. Shaw had a great year but he was not without a bad game or critical play that cost us a game but that is what happens in football!
i see you either have a short memory (I said lets leave opinions out of it, because you said in your opinion he had not regressed) or no ability to discuss this without getting upset. So I will wish you good day and go back to talking with the folks on here that are hoping we get the guy who plays the best.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #89
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Connor Mitch didn't come to South Carolina to be a backup, and I am pretty sure that he will win that starting job in the Spring. No offense Dylan.
Neither did Tanner McEvoy.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #90
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
Neither did Tanner McEvoy.
And neither did DT. These guys are all gonna compete like mad and as a fan of this team I hope that who ever comes out on top leads us to another great season. I'll be surprised if its not DT, but then again I was surprised that it was Shaw over Garcia a few years ago.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #91
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Regardless of whoever starts, Pharoh will play regularly.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #92
CockyLifer
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 99095
CockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervous

Too early to tell
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #93
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Truest statement in this thread.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #94
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
this

Old 12-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #95
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

I think it is DTs to lose....and I mean he must really perform poorly to lose it. I think he is our starter next year.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #96
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
i see you either have a short memory (I said lets leave opinions out of it, because you said in your opinion he had not regressed) or no ability to discuss this without getting upset. So I will wish you good day and go back to talking with the folks on here that are hoping we get the guy who plays the best.
And at the end of your post wrote, "Here's to hoping DT reverts to his 2012 form." you should take your own advice but this is a board, thread full of opinions otherwise we would have nothing to discuss, have a good one.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #97
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
And at the end of your post wrote, "Here's to hoping DT reverts to his 2012 form." you should take your own advice but this is a board, thread full of opinions otherwise we would have nothing to discuss, have a good one.
should I have said, here's to hoping he throws significantly more touchdowns than interceptions? Is 10:2 still greater than 4:3? no opinions there, just numbers. So I have taken my own advise.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #98
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Better watch out for Mitch
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #99
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I don't see DT being the starter next year. If he didn't play at all vs Tenn and Clemson that speaks volumes.

Did Nosovitch play in those games?
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #100
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If Connor Mitch is our starting QB next year, we are in trouble.

2014, with the experience and weapons returning on offense, is not the year to go through young QB growing pains. Not in this conference.

Save that situation for 2015 when the entire offense is replaced.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote