CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Cockypantherfan
roosterdude21
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
Roosterdog
sporkgod50
i29gman
COCKDIESEL
Regalcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1513)
The #AskEmmert Q& (473)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (197)
Peach Bowl name retu (187)
Construction of Worl (152)
Save Electricity By (136)
Stadium Ratings-Site (108)
HELP calculating acr (101)
How Experienced In P (55)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2015 - Davon Durant
Victor Hampton Arrested
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Amazon Fire TV
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Spurminator
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 550
Spurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his claws
Default What happens to us if..

FSU and OSU both lose?

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Spurminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: What happens to us if..

Bama plays the SEC Champ in the NC game.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

We watch Bama play the winner of the SEC championship for the national title, while still not getting to go to a BCS bowl.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

We probably get bumped to 9th or 10th in the BCS because that means that Michigan St will jump us.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I don't think either will lose, but weirder things have happened this CF season.

It had to have been one of the most unpredictable top 5 rankings this season.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

we still are in the cotton or cap 1 depending on who wins the secc
Old 12-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
We watch Bama play the winner of the SEC championship for the national title, while still not getting to go to a BCS bowl.
Well, probably not, but we would be eligible. Arkansas played in the Sugar two years ago when Bama and LSU met in the BCS Championship game.

It doesn't matter....Florida State ain't losing.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
Well, probably not, but we would be eligible. Arkansas played in the Sugar two years ago when Bama and LSU met in the BCS Championship game.

No they didn't.

The sugar bowl that year was Michigan-Va Tech.

The year Arky went to Nola the title game was Auburn-Oregon.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #9
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post

I thought this and asked it in another thread, but 2 people said that the only way a conference could get 3 teams in is if they have 2 teams playing for the NC with neither being the conference champion. I thought that was very odd because I knew that I remembered arkansas going to the Sugar when bama and lsu played for the NC. And lsu won the SEC title that year cause they beat georgia. Well I'm pulling for duke and michigan st to knock off fsu and ohio st. And I hope auburn beats mizzou because I think the Sugar would take us over mizzou(because we beat them).
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 750500
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ35 View Post
I thought this and asked it in another thread, but 2 people said that the only way a conference could get 3 teams in is if they have 2 teams playing for the NC with neither being the conference champion. I thought that was very odd because I knew that I remembered arkansas going to the Sugar when bama and lsu played for the NC. And lsu won the SEC title that year cause they beat georgia. Well I'm pulling for duke and michigan st to knock off fsu and ohio st. And I hope auburn beats mizzou because I think the Sugar would take us over mizzou(because we beat them).
The Arkansas vs. OSU Sugar Bowl was 2010-2011, the season before the LSU-Bama NCG in 2011-2012. That year(2011-2012) the Sugar ended up taking Michigan and VT.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
The Arkansas vs. OSU Sugar Bowl was 2010-2011, the season before the LSU-Bama NCG in 2011-2012. That year(2011-2012) the Sugar ended up taking Michigan and VT.
Yeah I just checked it. Oh well, we just need to be in the top 4 next season.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #12
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Nothing. We still wouldn't move into a BCS.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #13
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Nothing. We still wouldn't move into a BCS.
Yeah, there's no BCS for us this year. No possible way for that to happen given the 2 team per conference restriction. Why the SEC ever agreed to that is beyond me. Enjoy NIU and UCF getting stomped by Ok State and Bama though!
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #14
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
No they didn't.

The sugar bowl that year was Michigan-Va Tech.

The year Arky went to Nola the title game was Auburn-Oregon.
I didn't know that. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #15
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Then all hell will break lose, the sky will turn red, nimatoads will fall from the sky, dogs will marry cats, anal sex won't be a crime in Virginia and water will actually taste like something.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
bcolinc
4-Star

Male

bcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spurs

We would be in the national championship
Old 12-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Then all hell will break lose, the sky will turn red, nimatoads will fall from the sky, dogs will marry cats, anal sex won't be a crime in Virginia and water will actually taste like something.
Killin me !!!
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

We'll continue to kick ourselves in the ass over losing to Tennessee
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #19
southerntramp
Starter

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
We'll continue to kick ourselves in the ass over losing to Tennessee

Again, how in the hell did that happen?
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
haaron1988
G4C

Male

haaron1988 has feathers coming inhaaron1988 has feathers coming in

I'd love to see either FSU or OSU lose this weekend! I really dont want to cheer on the Always Crappy Conference or the Lil'10 for the NC!

haaron1988 is offline   Reply With Quote