CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
sporkgod50
ccured
b381l
robgusc76
NJGCfan
MountainCock
Spurrier_Superior_On
Mangus now coaching (1539)
Can Tennessee get to (1087)
2 Crazy things (661)
ESPN Article on HBC (656)
Chick Redefines the (636)
Spread vs. aTm (598)
Lindy's top 100 for (557)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (550)
The Bama series (456)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (454)
2001 vs Sandstorm
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
ESPN Article on HBC on on
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Auden Tate
2016 - Issac Nauta
Mangus now coaching TEs
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #81
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 111606
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Cotton

There are a surprising amount of Gamecocks in Texas.

Never forget the "y"
Old 12-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #82
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Cotton

There are a surprising amount of Gamecocks in Texas.
We need more! I live in Frisco, Texas (home of Eliott Thunderfoot) and we are all gamecock fans. (Our daughter graduated from USC)
Old 12-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #83
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

If MSU beats OSU and Auburn beats Mizzou wouldn't Auburn go to the national title, Alabama to the Sugar, and Mizzou to the cap 1? leaving the cotton bowl to decide between LSU, A&M, and SC?
Old 12-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #84
go_carolina_528
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

NCAA Bracket Champion: NCAA Bracket Challenge Winner - Given for: NCAA Bracket Challenge 
CockyCash: 200
go_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Cluckwork-Orange View Post
Does anyone know how many tickets SC would get for the cotton bowl? I.e., what level of attendence from SC fans would make it worth the Cotton Bowl committee's investment in us. I would imagine that would be a game where a lot of tickets are already reserved/ will be sold to any and all comers.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...ottonbowl.html
Old 12-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #85
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
If MSU beats OSU and Auburn beats Mizzou wouldn't Auburn go to the national title, Alabama to the Sugar, and Mizzou to the cap 1? leaving the cotton bowl to decide between LSU, A&M, and SC?
No guarantee Mizzou goes to cap 1 in this scenario. Could fall to CFA or Outback.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #86
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Isn't there some sort of rule about records within the SEC bowl selection criteria?. Or am I crazy?
Old 12-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #87
go_carolina_528
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

NCAA Bracket Champion: NCAA Bracket Challenge Winner - Given for: NCAA Bracket Challenge 
go_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot materialgo_carolina_528 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
No guarantee Mizzou goes to cap 1 in this scenario. Could fall to CFA or Outback.
SEC Champ loser can't drop below the Cotton/Outback. No CFA for Mizzou/Auburn.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/01...ies-range.html
Old 12-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #88
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

If Auburn wins, we are going to Orlando.
If Missouri wins, its Atlanta.

I don't see Outback taking us again. I'm sure they're just as tired of us as we are of them.

Both Orlando and Atlanta are do-able for me. Atlanta especially.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #89
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_carolina_528 View Post
SEC Champ loser can't drop below the Cotton/Outback. No CFA for Mizzou/Auburn.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/01...ies-range.html
Since when? We ended up in CFA in 2010 as the SEC Champ loser.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #90
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
If Auburn wins, we are going to Orlando.
If Missouri wins, its Atlanta.

I don't see Outback taking us again. I'm sure they're just as tired of us as we are of them.

Both Orlando and Atlanta are do-able for me. Atlanta especially.
I think you are correct.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #91
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I think he means this year, since they are ranked so high in the polls
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #92
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
We also had a 9-4 record.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #93
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I think he means this year, since they are ranked so high in the polls
Gotcha. It makes sense, I don't think they will either. It just made it sound like there was some kind of clause that the team in that position couldn't drop to that bowl when they have before.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #94
KingCock
4-Star

Male

KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to KingCock Send a message via Yahoo to KingCock

I live in Dallas, so I really want Cotton, but I will be pretty surprised if that happens
Old 12-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #95
splinters
Recruit

Male

splinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervous

A Houstonian here. I am there if its COTTON
Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #96
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I honestly think I'd fly to Dallas if we got Cotton.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #97
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I honestly think I'd fly to Dallas if we got Cotton.
What sucks is the game is on Friday Night, January 3rd... Most people have to be back at work on Thurs(1/2)... I couldn't make that game...
Old 12-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #98
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

It's going to be the Capital One. Cotton will take Auburn/Mizzou Loser

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #99
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I say:

60% Capital One
20% Cotton
10% Outback
10% Chick-Fil-A
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #100
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

The Cotton appears to be trending upward at this point.
Closed Thread