CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
3MTA3
Thenardier
ertman420
thekob
b381l
G&B
Master Bedroom
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1180)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (817)
Cunningham wants to (520)
Purple drank (433)
Horseshoes has been (213)
Clemson Georgia Game (173)
ESPN article on Clow (141)
Fumble party (138)
1964 World’s Fair (130)
Softball tops Georgi (116)
Season Rankings Thread...
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Cunningham wants to hear
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
Clemson Georgia Game to b

Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
captainawesome
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
captainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurs
Default Juniors NFL Departures

Almost certainly leaving early:

Jadeveon Clowney
Kelcy Quarles
Victor Hampton

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann
Corey Robinson
Rory Anderson

Does anyone have any information or gut feelings on any of these? I've seen Robinson mocked in the 2nd round for this year, but he had an off night against Clemson. I hope he sticks around another year.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Juniors NFL Departures

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post

Jadeveon Clowney
Kelcy Quarles
Victor Hampton

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann
Corey Robinson
Rory Anderson

Does anyone have any information or gut feelings on any of these? I've seen Robinson mocked in the 2nd round for this year, but he had an off night against Clemson. I hope he sticks around another year.
Being big is not an automatic ticket to the NFL. Corey has a lot of work yet to do on footwork and foot speed. They've also got to teach him how to deal with guys that are much shorter than he is so they don't scurry under him.

He would greatly benefit from one more year at USC.

Rory had a down year compared to the previous year, so I think he should stay another.

A.J. may be ready. Don't know.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quarles had a good year but he is still learning the game at this level. He could benefit from another year but it wouldn't be a surprise if someone got in his ear and he left.
doc
Old 12-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 315700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Jadeveon Clowney - No brainer...gone

Kelcy Quarles - Think he is leaning towards going...good size and good talent. I have seen him projected fairly consistently in the top 3-5 DT's in the draft which to mean seems like a first two round type of pick. He could have a great combine and sneak into the first round. His quickness might surprise people for such a big dude.

Victor Hampton - Think he's gone. He's projected as a 2-3 rounder and I don't think he can get much higher than that. His size has been a knock on him as are some of his issues from High School/Freshman season here. I think he's at his ceiling and could go.

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann - Most likely to leave I think of these three. Good size and pretty good feet, but I think he comes back with a grade showing he has a high ceiling.

Corey Robinson - The last few games hurt his stock. He's either checked out and already gone or was outmatched.

Rory Anderson - Showed a lot of inconsistency this year and missed some easy catches. Has improved his blocking but could still get better. I think he's a mid to late round pick with the potential of moving into the 2-3 round range next year or late first round with a big receiving year. I think he's back.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

Quarles' father already said he is going so that is a done deal. If C. Robinson goes I think he will be disappointed with where he gets picked. He doesn't look like a big time OT. Cann is our best lineman and he said that he was coming back. Anderson wouldn't get drafted very high this year. If he stays he will get a lot more passes next year with Dylan tossing the rock.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Rory didn't score a TD, so he isn't going this year.
Like Garnet Gamecock said, Corey could use another year.
I doubt Cann leaves.

Clowney will obviously be a first rounder.
I don't know where Quarles goes in the draft, but if I were to guess, I would say late second to third round.
Vic will likely be drafted in the third, or maybe early fourth round.

At least that is what I think, but I am definitely no expert on the matter.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Clowney, Quarles, and Hampton already announced they were leaving, and walked with the Seniors this past Saturday. I don't think Robinson is rated in anyone's list of Top 25 tackles available for the draft, so I doubt it. No clue on the other guys.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
burr
Recruit

Male

burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

This is a little off topic but how is JohnnyCocktail going pro before his junior season and Jadavion had to play one more ?
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
This is a little off topic but how is JohnnyCocktail going pro before his junior season and Jadavion had to play one more ?
Manziel is a redshirt sophomore.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Manziel is a redshirt sophomore.
Yeah similar to when Sidney went pro even though he only played 2 years.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Clowney, Quarles, and Hampton already announced they were leaving, and walked with the Seniors this past Saturday. I don't think Robinson is rated in anyone's list of Top 25 tackles available for the draft, so I doubt it. No clue on the other guys.
I thought clowney was the only non senior that walked. I wasn't able to go saturday so I might be misinformed. Was surprised when kelcy said after the game we was going to get his draft grade and make a decision.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post

Jadeveon Clowney
Kelcy Quarles
Victor Hampton

Unlikely to leave early:

A.J. Cann
Corey Robinson
Rory Anderson

The top 3 are gone for sure.

Of the bottom 3, I think one will surprise us and go. Seems like it happens every year that we have 2-3 that leave that are 4-7th round picks.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
Quarles had a good year but he is still learning the game at this level. He could benefit from another year but it wouldn't be a surprise if someone got in his ear and he left.
doc
he is 100% gone, not that i dont agree with you though
Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #14
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Personally I think kelcy is ready. He is one sack behind Sam from Mizzou for sec sack leader in one fewer games.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
doc
He was second in the SEC in sacks as a DT... he should go. I would welcome and advise it.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quarles and Hampton are going to try to ride Clowney's coattails and hope they get extra attention because of that. Otherwise both should come back and would benefit from another year.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
97srad750
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material

I think Quarles and Hampton go on their own merits and it has zero to do with Clowneys coat tails
Old 12-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #18
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

kelcy will be great on Sundays. I think he is ready to go. I don't think Vic is physically ready, but I think he is mature enough to make the jump. JD, obviously jump and jump high.

I feel like Cann could go but won't. Robinson I think is the one that surprises everyone. Rory has good NFL measurables, I could see an agent getting to him as well
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #19
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

Quarles is gone and will be an absolute stud. Hating on guys for going pro is stupid. Vic Hamp will be real good too. He's the reason Watkins hasn't done much against us his whole career.
uscbaseball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudly

still not sold that KQ is 100% gone. i know the whole father said spill and what KQ said afterward. he is a great kid and great Gamecock. i'm sure he and his dad will do what's in his best interest. heres wishing him the best..
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote