CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
b381l
ertman420
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
Dabo confused about who w
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

Old 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default So i was browsing mock drafts....

and i found this gem.

"Bridgewater has struggled against some average teams like Rutgers. He seams to struggle in pressure situations while Boyd shines."

http://nflmockdraft.webs.com/mockdraft.htm

I guess someone forgot to tell him saturday night was a pressure situation at the end.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: So i was browsing mock drafts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
and i found this gem.

"Bridgewater has struggled against some average teams like Rutgers. He seams to struggle in pressure situations while Boyd shines."

I guess someone forgot to tell him saturday night was a pressure situation at the end.
There are hundreds of Draft Gurus out there now that know nothing about talent.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I think Teddy is a good QB, but I don't think he is good enough for a team to waste their first round draft pick on over Clowney.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I think Teddy is a good QB, but I don't think he is good enough for a team to waste their first round draft pick on over Clowney.
I agree with that. Clowney I would expect will be the #1 pick.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

That list has to be old, it has the Panthers picking at 8 and has them taking a DT because they are weak there.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
That list has to be old, it has the Panthers picking at 8 and has them taking a DT because they are weak there.
I agree there... I also don't see Tampa taking a Qb. Glennon has done good, they have other needs. Also no way T. Boyd goes no. 1 over all.
pimpingamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I swear, the media only looks at Clemson through orange-colored glasses.

WTF?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
I swear, the media only looks at Clemson through orange-colored glasses.

WTF?
Seems like they would still look like inbred farmers. Oh metaphorically? Gotcha.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
and i found this gem.

"Bridgewater has struggled against some average teams like Rutgers. He seams to struggle...
That's all I needed to read.

Not cracking on you, OP...just the site. Not sure I'd consider them "media."
Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
and i found this gem.

There was an article last week on ESPN that said Boyd would be a sixth or seventh round pick.....that was before the game Saturday night. I don't agree with that but the people at ESPN have a better handle on the NFL draft than this moron. First pick .....never gonna happen....first round...never gonna happen....maybe second round....maybe not....
Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
There was an article last week on ESPN that said Boyd would be a sixth or seventh round pick.....that was before the game Saturday night. I don't agree with that but the people at ESPN have a better handle on the NFL draft than this moron. First pick .....never gonna happen....first round...never gonna happen....maybe second round....maybe not....
Boyd is projecting as a 3rd or 4th rounder by most credible NFL guys. Dude cost him a lot of money by coming back. He would have been late first or 2nd last year.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
And miss by a mile on their projections of about 1/2 of the people on their boards.

Anything beyond the 3rd rd is a crap shoot for lots of positions and lots of the UDFAs are just as good as some of the 4th-7th rd picks.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
captainawesome
Blue Chip

Male

captainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurs

Bridgewater will be drafted #1 overall because he is a quarterback and new coaching staffs = new quarterbacks with the #1 pick. That is unless Washington/St. Louis end up with that pick. It's not that ridiculous guys.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #14
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree with that. Clowney I would expect will be the #1 pick.
I'm not convinced jd will be the number one pick. Top 3-5 maybe...but number one...not so sure. Hope he is though...he's a great guy and super talented for sure.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I'm not convinced jd will be the number one pick. Top 3-5 maybe...but number one...not so sure. Hope he is though...he's a great guy and super talented for sure.
He is a once in a generation talent.. he will be number 1.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
He is a once in a generation talent.. he will be number 1.
Depends on who picks first. The NFL is a QB driven league, and if a franchise guy is there, he's going number one. Look how quickly Andrew Luck turned around the Colts in just one year. Trent Richardson was probably the best player in the draft that year, but the Colts needed a QB.

If the Falcons pick first, I could see Clowney going first in that scenario.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #17
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Several teams need a QB. Otherwise Bridgewater wouldn't be mentioned in the top 10. Scouts must see a lot of potential because the kid hasn't shown me much this year.
Clowney is just about a lock to go to Atlanta IMO.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #18
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

Trent Richardson the best player in that draft over Luck? The guy the Colts let Manning go for? Not a chance, Richardson, along with every other Bama RB is overrated. Lacy will end up being the best one in the league.
uscbaseball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Terrible mock draft.

First off, they have the Panthers picking 8th. Then they have them taking a DT because they are weak at the position? The Panthers have the best defense in the NFL, and one of the best D-lines. The Panthers biggest need is an O-lineman, and maybe a WR (Smitty isn't getting any younger).

Jacksonville will probably take a QB. Bridgewater is the best candidate right now, not Tajh.

Clowney will probably go in the first 5 picks.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #20
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Not even thinking about the draft.
So much is put on that stupid combine it is ridiculous.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote