CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
Cockhornleghorn
Rebel4ever
TAFC 5 1981
Dizzy01
ReadR00ster
JAYBEZ
Victor Hampton Arres (2271)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (1884)
how has more ESPN an (1146)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (884)
Gamecock Legacy recr (661)
Attendance next seas (479)
Clemson's At It Agai (450)
Women's bb - Deshiel (392)
$15 home AC (306)
22 ways to annoy peo (284)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
how has more ESPN anounce
Clemson's At It Again
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
One thing I was glad to s
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Connor Mitch
I got robbed in broad day
Victor Hampton Arrested

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #101
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Cotton, and it will most likely be Cotton. They have never had us, and it is a great opprotunity for them.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #102
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I think the team would love to play in Jerry World... I just wish the game wasnt on 1/3
Old 12-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #103
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Just wondering... What would the price of tickets be? I'd imagine it's more expensive since it's in Jerry's world
Old 12-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #104
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
SECCG loser to the Cap One, Cotton takes LSU/A&M, that means Outback has the next pick.
wrong again.....the cotton and outback are equal, the cotton takes a west team, the outback takes an east team......unless there are unusual circumstances. It has always been the Cap One's goal to have the highest BCS ranking.....that would be us if Missouri loses. We probably jump Auburn if they lose in Atlanta. Cap One has the highest payout other than BCS games.

A&M will go to Gator Bowl most likely.....there are 6 SEC teams ranked higher than them.
There is less than 5% chance of us going to Cotton.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #105
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Just wondering... What would the price of tickets be? I'd imagine it's more expensive since it's in Jerry's world
The venue doesn't set ticket prices......probably determined at the head bowl committee.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #106
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

Quote:
I don't see Outback taking us again. I'm sure they're just as tired of us as we are of them.

We were in the VIP Outback tent at the Outback Bowl in January talking with Chris Sullivan and Tim Gannon and they were gushing about how much Tampa loved hosting the Gamecocks as we are such good money spenders.

So I wouldn't count us out as being invited to the Outback Bowl.

Personally? I don't think the Cotton Bowl person would have made such a public statement about us if they weren't taking a good hard look at us.

Peach Bowl? No way, I can't stand Atlanta.

My vote goes to the Capitol One.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #107
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

For those of us who can't get away, can we have a tailgate party inside Willie B and watch the game on the Jumbo?
Old 12-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #108
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
We were in the VIP Outback tent at the Outback Bowl in January talking with Chris Sullivan and Tim Gannon and they were gushing about how much Tampa loved hosting the Gamecocks as we are such good money spenders.

So I wouldn't count us out as being invited to the Outback Bowl.

Personally? I don't think the Cotton Bowl person would have made such a public statement about us if they weren't taking a good hard look at us.

Peach Bowl? No way, I can't stand Atlanta.

My vote goes to the Capitol One.
I just think that the outback wouldnt want to have us AGAIN. It's not a bad bowl by any means, it's just that it would be nice for a change since we've been 4 times.

We are a great fit for capital one. High ranking, traveled well last time, and they were pleased with us from what I heard.

I'd like the peach bowl but unless something crazy happens, we will get picked up before they choose probably.

Cotton is a likely option too but were at a slight disadvantage since were in the east.

I'd vote cap one too, but you can't complain about any of the above destinations
Old 12-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #109
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I will go to Tampa if we end up there, but I'm probably in the minority... And it would be a shame to have a small turnout for Shaw and JC's last game
Old 12-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #110
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

Quote:
I just think that the outback wouldnt want to have us AGAIN. It's not a bad bowl by any means, it's just that it would be nice for a change since we've been 4 times.

We are a great fit for capital one. High ranking, traveled well last time, and they were pleased with us from what I heard.

I'd like the peach bowl but unless something crazy happens, we will get picked up before they choose probably.

Cotton is a likely option too but were at a slight disadvantage since were in the east.

I'd vote cap one too, but you can't complain about any of the above destinations
Can you imagine in the Brad Scott/Sparky Woods era even having this conversation?

Blows my mind.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #111
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I'm Team Capital One, but I wouldn't hate the Cotton Bowl either. I'd just rather do Orlando because I could go.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #112
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

The news wrote that the Cotton won't take a 4 loss Tex A&M team. BS! A&M has a Heisman quarterback. That is a big draw folks!!!!!!!!!!!!
They'd be fools to pass that up.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #113
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

They had him last year
Old 12-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #114
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Can you imagine in the Brad Scott/Sparky Woods era even having this conversation?

Blows my mind.
I was thinking just that.

Funny how now I (and lots of Carolina fans) are disappointed that the outback is a possibility this year.

It wasn't too long ago when that was a mile stone mark with Lou...
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #115
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

I want the cotton bowl if we don't have to play Baylor.

Would love to play Texas (even though it'd be a home game for them) and be able to say weve beaten Michigan, Nebraska, and Texas the last three years in bowl games.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #116
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1TheBeast View Post
They had him last year
And the Outback had us last year. This is a similar situation to last year. A&M and Gamecocks repeat bowls. Both teams are a draw on TV and in ticket sales.
Sending A&M to the Outback and USC to the Cotton is reducing the draw. If I get a chance to watch Johnny Football on TV I'm going to watch and so are you.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #117
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

Quote:
I was thinking just that.

Funny how now I (and lots of Carolina fans) are disappointed that the outback is a possibility this year.

It wasn't too long ago when that was a mile stone mark with Lou...
I was ON THAT goalpost when we finally broke the 0-21.

I hope all gamecocks appreciate what Spurrier has done.

I saw a couple 'fire Spurrier' posts on facebook after the Tennessee loss.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #118
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1TheBeast View Post
I want the cotton bowl if we don't have to play Baylor.

Would love to play Texas (even though it'd be a home game for them) and be able to say weve beaten Michigan, Nebraska, and Texas the last three years in bowl games.
Why wouldn't you want to play Baylor?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #119
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
The news wrote that the Cotton won't take a 4 loss Tex A&M team. BS! A&M has a Heisman quarterback. That is a big draw folks!!!!!!!!!!!!
They'd be fools to pass that up.
It's my understanding there is a rule regarding bowl eligibility......a bowl can only select a team with 1 more loss than a higher ranked team....for example since we are ranked higher than A&M, our record is 10-2 there record is 8-4....thay have 2 more losses than us so the Outback is prevented from taking A&M over us.

We are trending about 70% Cap One......20% Chick-fil-A and 10% other.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #120
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit

From what I'm seeing on Cotton Bowls Facebook page, they need to seriously consider us. Tons of comments from Gamecocks begging for them to pick us. Everyone should go "like" cotton bowl on Facebook and tell them we want them to pick us. Maybe if they see how interested we are, they will pick us.
Closed Thread