CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
ertman420
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
spareparts
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
2 Crazy things
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Davon Durant
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

Old 12-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default The Clemson Nation (not smack)

I went back to work yesterday and processed all that I saw and heard. Being in the Upstate, I've been exposed to numerous Clemson fans since Saturday--these are my observations.

First, they're very angry. Up front, they're deflecting the loss by claiming they're the better team. I don't think most of them truly believe this. It's just their way of coming to grips with "the streak."

Second, I think they're concerned about Chad Morris leaving. In their heart of hearts, they know Dabo is a coach from the "emotional mold." Think Rex Ryan without the profanity or defensive acumen. Losing Chad Morris, though few will admit it, will expose Dabo's weakness.

Third, they're hopeful that the losses of Shaw and Clowney will signify the end of our run. Who knows, it may. But if we go up there next year and beat them (I truly think we have a very good shot) again, they'll be in serious trouble. IMO, they already are, especially with the losses they're about to endure. But six in a row, headed back to the Billy B, means this rivalry is headed somewhere it's NEVER been.

One need only look at Clemson history to understand what they've done when their backs are against the wall. Again, not smack, but I hope we'll all watch them very closely. They're a cornered bunch, and they're very angry.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Clemson Nation (not smack)

In my opinion, we have a great chance at beating them again next year. They want to point out our losses, but they aren't exactly losing meaningless players this year. Boyd, Watkins, and Beasley will all be gone. We bring back essentially our entire offense, except Shaw, and Dylan has already beaten them up there once.

Sitting here on 12/2/2013 and less than a week after #5 in a row, I would say the chances of #6 are AT WORST 50-50.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I think someone said something about McDowell being gone too.

What is weird is they are wanting Kelley to be the starting QB. Really? Over Stoudt???

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20450
Mechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talons

Dabo/Morris maybe = Chizik/Malzan
Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
Dabo/Morris maybe = Chizik/Malzan
They just didn't buy as good of a QB as Auburn did.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

***Clemson FAMILY.

(I hope other people remember this too or else I feel dumb)
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Clemson is also losing their MOST reliable player....their kicker Catanzaro.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

I know they have recruited well, but as much as they like to say we are losing with Shaw and Clowney who admittedly you can't just replace with anyone off the street, I would say they are losing equally as much in Boyd, Watkins, and Bryant if he goes...that is essentially their entire offense this year, they may have talent behind them but you don't just replace that combo of talent and experience seamlessly
Old 12-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I don't think they are concerned with losing Morris.

Large majority think superstar freshman and early enrollee Deshaun Watson will be the starter at QB next year.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
appcenter52
Recruit

Male

appcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
I went back to work yesterday and processed all that I saw and heard. Being in the Upstate, I've been exposed to numerous Clemson fans since Saturday--these are my observations.

First, they're very angry. Up front, they're deflecting the loss by claiming they're the better team. I don't think most of them truly believe this. It's just their way of coming to grips with "the streak."

Second, I think they're concerned about Chad Morris leaving. In their heart of hearts, they know Dabo is a coach from the "emotional mold." Think Rex Ryan without the profanity or defensive acumen. Losing Chad Morris, though few will admit it, will expose Dabo's weakness.

Third, they're hopeful that the losses of Shaw and Clowney will signify the end of our run. Who knows, it may. But if we go up there next year and beat them (I truly think we have a very good shot) again, they'll be in serious trouble. IMO, they already are, especially with the losses they're about to endure. But six in a row, headed back to the Billy B, means this rivalry is headed somewhere it's NEVER been.

One need only look at Clemson history to understand what they've done when their backs are against the wall. Again, not smack, but I hope we'll all watch them very closely. They're a cornered bunch, and they're very angry.
I don't understand this logic. We've beaten them without these two guys as well. They haven't been playing in all five of the streak. The notion that losing those two all the sudden means Clemson starts winning again is comical. Do they not lose Boyd, Watkins, Beasley, etc?
appcenter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by appcenter52 View Post
I don't understand this logic. We've beaten them without these two guys as well. They haven't been playing in all five of the streak. The notion that losing those two all the sudden means Clemson starts winning again is comical. Do they not lose Boyd, Watkins, Beasley, etc?
You're referring to Clemson fans. Of course you don't!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

Eutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post

What is weird is they are wanting Kelley to be the starting QB. Really? Over Stoudt???
A friend in the know told me Kelley is leaving. Watson is the real thing!
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #13
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eutaw Kid View Post
A friend in the know told me Kelley is leaving. Watson is the real thing!
So they're thinking Watson is a Day1 starter.

Now I know UGA doesn't have the most stellar Defense.

But I'd love to see how a true freshman matches up against UGA in between the hedges for his first ever collegiate game.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #14
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post

McDowell is a sr.

Lots of taters think Watson day 1 starter next year
Old 12-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:

Quote:
I don't think most of them truly believe this. It's just their way of coming to grips with "the streak
This is ALWAYS the first line of excuses when a team with NO CLASS
loses a game. If you remember back a couple of years, Bo Pelini made
that same statement in his Post Cap 1 bowl presser about Nebraska after
we waxed their asses. It's what LOSERS say to ease the pain as much
as possible.

Quote:
Second, I think they're concerned about Chad Morris leaving. In their heart of hearts, they know Dabo is a coach from the "emotional mold." Think Rex Ryan without the profanity or defensive acumen. Losing Chad Morris, though few will admit it, will expose Dabo's weakness
Up until this past weekend, I think you may have been correct, but there
are a lot of Clemson fans who are seeing the light with Morris right now.
He's not worshiped as the God of Offensive Football anymore in Clemson
like he has been the past couple of seasons. I think it's more of the fact
that they always knew Dabo wasn't running the team, but now they are
learning that the guys they assumed ran the team, isn't as good as they
thought he was and are quickly growing tired of seeing their school pay
over a million for a guy to get whipped by top ranked teams.

Quote:
Third, they're hopeful that the losses of Shaw and Clowney will signify the end of our run. Who knows, it may. But if we go up there next year and beat them (I truly think we have a very good shot) again, they'll be in serious trouble.
Nothing new here. Same Shit, Different year. ... After we beat their asses
in 2011 they started saying since we lost Ellis Johnson (THE ONLY REASON
WE HAD BEEN BEATING THEM ANYWAY) and our coaching staff was
"Jumping ship" AND... we were losing Stephon Gilmore, Antonio Allen,
Alshon Jeffery, etc.... we were going to lose at least 5 games that year
as well as to them, and Boyd and Watkins would light our secondary up
for over 500 yards. ...... beat them anyway.
Last year they said we were losing Marcus Lattimore and would have no
proven running back, Our WRs were too small, we didn't have a solid
Secondary and Boyd would torch our secondary all night long .... beat
them anyway.
They started the year saying we had a freshmen linebackers, no leader
on the defense, Ace Sanders was gone, and Clowney was not going to
want to even be on the field since he was going to save himself for the
NFL Draft...... How'd that work out ?

We'll hear this kind of stuff after every win. They have yet to come to
grips that we are a better program, and we are coached by a better
staff than they have. Until they do decide they are not as good as we
are, they will continue to find "reasons" for why we have reached he
apex of our run, and we will get no more wins against them for a while.

in the mean time, we just keep kicking their asses and laughing at their
excuses and reason for why "That was your last year of Beating us
BECAUSE" .......
Old 12-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudly

remember when tajh was going to be the one to carry their torch? or hiring abo was going to move them forward? or hiring chadmo was the answer?or hiring venables would be the end all? or all those supposed top tier recruits? lest we forget chode and his qb pedigree. this list just gets longer and longer and the hole theyre in gets deeper and deeper...
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #17
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Clemson is also losing their MOST reliable player....their kicker Catanzaro.
Only reliable if Owen Boyd can get his boys in field goal range.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 4900
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:

The Shaw leaving argument is nullified when you look @ last year's meeting. Dylan and Mitch/Nosovitch will do just fine and whoever gets game snaps will be well settled in by the 12th game of the season. That's not to say we don't have a lot of people leaving outside of Shaw, but I think we have the younger depth to step up in their departure. The secondary and DL is my main concern for next year.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudly

we had the youngest roster of all d1 schools coming in to this year. with a year of maturing in the system- i feel more than confident in our ability to fill holes and field a pretty strong team on both sides of the ball in 2014
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

My cowoker thinks that losing Boyd will really hurt them next year. At least we have the experienced back up. Our O should be pretty good next year.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote