CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
JerseyBird
WeStillOwnUSC
Master Bedroom
Spurrier_Superior_On
MountainCock
Thenardier
bigdog2003
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1728)
2001 vs Sandstorm (1281)
Cunningham wants to (699)
Purple drank (474)
Clemson Georgia Game (261)
Horseshoes has been (259)
ESPN article on Clow (230)
Fumble party (197)
1964 World’s Fair (157)
Softball tops Georgi (150)
Clemson Georgia Game to b
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
Cunningham wants to hear
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #141
garnet_black215
31-17.
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 6,724
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
what happens if our ticket allocation for the Cotton Bowl is 20,000 and we only sell 12,000.....we lose money on the trip....can't afford for that to happen or take the risk.
What if we only sell 10,000 tickets to the C1B?
garnet_black215 is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #142
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,634
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
What if we only sell 10,000 tickets to the C1B?
We will sell at least 2-3x as many tickets to Cap-1. The date (1/3) of the Cotton Bowl really will hurt our ticket sales to that venue.
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #143
garnet_black215
31-17.
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 6,724
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
We will sell at least 2-3x as many tickets to Cap-1. The date (1/3) of the Cotton Bowl really will hurt our ticket sales to that venue.
Maybe. I know one fan that won't be buying a ticket.
garnet_black215 is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #144
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name
 
Cockhornleghorn's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 5,407
CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I'd like to see us in the Cotton Bowl; however, I think USC fans would have a hard time traveling. That'd be an expensive trip.

I think we all know that the Outback Bowl is sick of us.

It will be the Cap One or Chick-Fil-A. I always like the Chick-Fil-A because of the TV spot it occupies. Playing Duke in Atlanta would be one of the more intriguing bowl games.
$388 round trip from Columbia to Dallas. Not expensive at all.
__________________
Cockhornleghorn is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:51 AM   #145
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 13,885
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

I'm going to give this a whirl.

The first thing you have to remember is that the bowls have an order that they pick in, but that they don't have to pick according to the precise order of finish. They just can't pass over a team that has two more losses than the team ahead of them. The second thing you have to remember is that bowls collude. They get together, talk about matchups, and generally agree to choose certain teams based on various factors like matchups and fan traveling.

To do so I'm going to assume that: Auburn beats Missouri (FAR from a given though, these two teams are closer than you'd think) AND that Auburn get's passed over for the Natty title game.

So, with that scenario in play let's talk about who goes where (and why)

1. Sugar: Auburn (12-1)
why? obvious

2. Other BCS Bowl: 'Bama (11-1)
why? obvious

3. Capital One: South Carolina (10-2)
why? Because they love us and we travel well. We've only played once in the bowl, but represented well. Fan base is excited and won't have to travel far.
could be: Missouri. Fans are excited and have never been. Would be a good draw, but would be coming off a loss.

3. Cotton Bowl: LSU (9-3)
why? First pick of Western teams. LSU is in front of A&M by a hair and they travel well. Is that enough to pass over ATM?
could be: South Carolina/Texas A&M. Cotton gets the first pick of West teams, but this year only LSU fits the bill. Might opt for South Carolina if they fall out of the Cap One and Outback passes on them. Could take Texas A&M since they're within one loss of LSU. Hardest bowl to predict.

4. Outback: Missouri (11-2)
why? First pick of Eastern division teams, and Missouri would be next if SC is taken by the Cap One bowl. Good draw and fans would travel.
could be: South Carolina. If Cap One takes Mizzou and the Cotton takes LSU the Outback would take SC. For anyone thinking we fall to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, we can't. They can't take an 8-4 team over us, and that's all that's left.

5. Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Georgia (8-4)
why? Home town following. UGA would probably sell the Chick-Fil-A bowl out, although the fans might be a bit disgruntled over not actually getting to travel which is why it might be...
could be: Texas A&M. ATM fans travel well, and the idea of being able to show Johnny Football's last college football game is huge for TV ratings.

6. Gator Bowl: Texas A&M (8-4)
why? Best team left. Gator Bowl would be jumping for joy if ATM fell into their laps.
could be: Georgia/LSU. If ATM goes to the Cotton, look for the Gator to be LSU's landing place. It's where UGA goes if the Chick-Fil-A passes on them and LSU is gone.

7. Music City Bowl: Vanderbilt (8-4)
why? Home town fans. Beat UT, UGA, and Florida, still get Music City Bowl.
could be: Ole Miss. If they don't feel like picking the home town team.

8. Liberty Bowl: Ole Miss (7-5)
why? Best team left, small travel distance for fans.
could be: Vandy. Only if Music City and Liberty decide to switch.

9. Compass Bowl: Miss State (6-6)
why? They're the last ones left.
could be: Nobody else.
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #146
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,634
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Maybe. I know one fan that won't be buying a ticket.
I would love to go to the Cotton Bowl, but I have to be back at work (and the kids have to be back at school) on January 2nd.. With the game on 1/3, I just cant do the Cotton Bowl.

Ive talked to a few of my friends, and they all say the same thing.. "Damn, I wish the Cotton Bowl was on NY Day... that makes the decision to go or not so much easier"..
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #147
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,634
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'm going to give this a whirl.

The first thing you have to remember is that the bowls have an order that they pick in, but that they don't have to pick according to the precise order of finish. They just can't pass over a team that has two more losses than the team ahead of them. The second thing you have to remember is that bowls collude. They get together, talk about matchups, and generally agree to choose certain teams based on various factors like matchups and fan traveling.

To do so I'm going to assume that: Auburn beats Missouri (FAR from a given though, these two teams are closer than you'd think) AND that Auburn get's passed over for the Natty title game.

So, with that scenario in play let's talk about who goes where (and why)

1. Sugar: Auburn (12-1)
why? obvious

2. Other BCS Bowl: 'Bama (11-1)
why? obvious

3. Capital One: South Carolina (10-2)
why? Because they love us and we travel well. We've only played once in the bowl, but represented well. Fan base is excited and won't have to travel far.
could be: Missouri. Fans are excited and have never been. Would be a good draw, but would be coming off a loss.

3. Cotton Bowl: LSU (9-3)
why? First pick of Western teams. LSU is in front of A&M by a hair and they travel well. Is that enough to pass over ATM?
could be: South Carolina/Texas A&M. Cotton gets the first pick of West teams, but this year only LSU fits the bill. Might opt for South Carolina if they fall out of the Cap One and Outback passes on them. Could take Texas A&M since they're within one loss of LSU. Hardest bowl to predict.

4. Outback: Missouri (11-2)
why? First pick of Eastern division teams, and Missouri would be next if SC is taken by the Cap One bowl. Good draw and fans would travel.
could be: South Carolina. If Cap One takes Mizzou and the Cotton takes LSU the Outback would take SC. For anyone thinking we fall to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, we can't. They can't take an 8-4 team over us, and that's all that's left.

5. Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Georgia (8-4)
why? Home town following. UGA would probably sell the Chick-Fil-A bowl out, although the fans might be a bit disgruntled over not actually getting to travel which is why it might be...
could be: Texas A&M. ATM fans travel well, and the idea of being able to show Johnny Football's last college football game is huge for TV ratings.

6. Gator Bowl: Texas A&M (8-4)
why? Best team left. Gator Bowl would be jumping for joy if ATM fell into their laps.
could be: Georgia/LSU. If ATM goes to the Cotton, look for the Gator to be LSU's landing place. It's where UGA goes if the Chick-Fil-A passes on them and LSU is gone.

7. Music City Bowl: Vanderbilt (8-4)
why? Home town fans. Beat UT, UGA, and Florida, still get Music City Bowl.
could be: Ole Miss. If they don't feel like picking the home town team.

8. Liberty Bowl: Ole Miss (7-5)
why? Best team left, small travel distance for fans.
could be: Vandy. Only if Music City and Liberty decide to switch.

9. Compass Bowl: Miss State (6-6)
why? They're the last ones left.
could be: Nobody else.
I agree with you on this.. IF AUBURN WINS... If Mizzou wins... the Cap-1 could take Auburn.. and IMO... will.
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #148
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count
 
kick_ball's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Dagobah System
Posts: 1,687
CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

if you have twitter go follow the Cotton bowl and tell them you want us to play in their bowl game... they tweeted this earlier this morning

AT&T Cotton Bowl ‏@ATTCottonBowl 4m
It's time to make your case, fans. Who do you want to see meet in the 78th Classic on January 3? #cottonbowl
__________________
May the Force be with you...Always!
kick_ball is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #149
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC
 
uscgamecocks88's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 2,772
CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

We would probably play Baylor which would be tough
uscgamecocks88 is online now  
Old 12-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #150
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count
 
kick_ball's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Dagobah System
Posts: 1,687
CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
We would probably play Baylor which would be tough
rather play a tough game in a new bowl that we haven't been to ... then play someone like duke in the CFA game where are fans and team wouldn't be excited to be
__________________
May the Force be with you...Always!
kick_ball is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #151
ZenUSC
Blue Chip
 
ZenUSC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lexington
Posts: 710
CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
$388 round trip from Columbia to Dallas. Not expensive at all.
What about food and two nights lodging? Ticket price? I'm glad you are doing well but most people aren't. Read the paper once in a while.
ZenUSC is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #152
bcolinc
4-Star
 
bcolinc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 349
CockyCash: 500
bcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spurs
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Probably Mizzou in the Independence Bowl.
Didn't even put that together lol. I think you're right
__________________
bcolinc is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #153
KingCock
4-Star
 
KingCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 311
CockyCash: 500
KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to KingCock Send a message via Yahoo to KingCock
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

I'm not in the Gamecock Club anymore as I live out of state, but if we were to go to the Cotton I would be looking for at least 2 tickets if not more. Florida is great and I have family there too, but I want a break from visiting there.
__________________
KingCock is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #154
3MTA3
Starter
 
3MTA3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SEC Country
Posts: 1,381
CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
What about food and two nights lodging? Ticket price? I'm glad you are doing well but most people aren't. Read the paper once in a while.
And how much do you think a trip to Orlando costs? Not a whole lot less, taking gas and the amount of time it takes to get there and back into consideration.

CAE to DFW is also a non-stop on American Airlines. You're talking 2.5-3 hour flight...thats IT. If you REALLY wanted to, you could go the day of, stay one night, and come back the next morning. So, one night of lodging...could you do that on a car ride to Orlando? Maybe, but I wouldn't suggest it.
3MTA3 is online now  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #155
KingCock
4-Star
 
KingCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 311
CockyCash: 500
KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to KingCock Send a message via Yahoo to KingCock
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
And how much do you think a trip to Orlando costs? Not a whole lot less, taking gas and the amount of time it takes to get there and back into consideration.

CAE to DFW is also a non-stop on American Airlines. You're talking 2.5-3 hour flight...thats IT. If you REALLY wanted to, you could go the day of, stay one night, and come back the next morning. So, one night of lodging...could you do that on a car ride to Orlando? Maybe, but I wouldn't suggest it.
Ticket prices can vary too and you can get lucky and find cheap deals at times. Also flying out of Augusta is often cheaper. The last time I checked, food, tickets, and lodging in Fla aren't free. :)
__________________
KingCock is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #156
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC
 
uscgamecocks88's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 2,772
CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...state/3847367/
uscgamecocks88 is online now  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #157
CockyinVA
Recruit
 
CockyinVA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 183
CockyCash: 500
CockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

I understand that the Capital One gets first pick of SEC teams after BCS, but in my opinion, it doesn't qualify as the most prestigous non-bcs bowl. Seriously, what would you rather see:

Cap 1: 65,000 seat stadium. Middle of the day, with several other bowls being played at the same time, against #19 Wisconsin from a weak Big 10

Cotton Bowl: JerryWorld. Prime Time. Post New years Day. Against #7 Baylor.

This really isn't in the same stratosphere in my opinion. Based on current BCS standings, if you had a 7 playing an 8, that is a better matchup than most of the BCS Bowls except for the National championship game. It may not be part of the BCS, but that would be in every way a BCS level bowl. Based on what I am seeing on the Cotton Bowl twitter and facebook feeds, I think they realize this and really want South Carolina.
CockyinVA is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #158
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC
 
treys1986's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hartsville
Posts: 4,302
CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Honestly, and this is my take on it. The Cotton would be outstanding for our program. A new bowl game, brand new state of the art stadium in a part of the country we don't get much exposure in against a big name opponent. That being said, I personally wouldn't mind the Capital One. Reason being, my entire family can travel with me to the Capital One. We have a 21 month old daughter and the drive to Orlando I feel would be easier than a flight to Dallas. Plus, with the whole Disney attraction, it really would be an awesome way to spend New Years for me, the wife, and daughter.

That being said, I don't care where we go. Just win and finish 11-2 again.
treys1986 is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #159
jesse james
Recruit
 
jesse james's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florence
Posts: 224
CockyCash: 500
jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
For anyone thinking we fall to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, we can't. They can't take an 8-4 team over us, and that's all that's left.
This assumes that LSU goes to Cotton. However, the Cotton Bowl could take an 8-4 A&M team over 9-3 LSU so they can have Johnny Football and set up another SWC match-up with Baylor or Oklahoma . . . in which case the Outback could then take a 9-3 LSU over a 10-2 South Carolina . . . which would then allow the Peach Bowl to take South Carolina in a "Spurrier Bowl" match-up between the Gamecocks and Blue Devils.

I dont think that happens (I think we're a lock for the Capital One now) . . . but it could still be Peach.
jesse james is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #160
KingCock
4-Star
 
KingCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 311
CockyCash: 500
KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to KingCock Send a message via Yahoo to KingCock
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Bama Vs. UCF and Ok State Vs No. Illinois? Those are 2 games I probably wouldn't be tuning in for...
__________________
KingCock is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development