CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Latti
Bobby Boucher
donbgamecock
ConwayGamecock
usc1
Regalcock
catdaddy66
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2674)
BREAD (522)
Sindarius Thornwell (340)
Dress shirt help (335)
Starz Black Sails (274)
Best Child Acting Pe (236)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (168)
South Carolina @ Aub (110)
Well gameday just go (105)
Unsung Hero (84)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Name a Gamecock
Does Brenton Williams hav
Josh Cunningham Power For

Old 12-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Pappop
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons
Default SEC QB's

How many SEC teams will have a new QB next season? I think us, Bama, LSU, Vandy, Missouri and GA, maybe FL, but not sure about the other teams. Will some Jr's declare for the NFL (like JM at Texas A&M)? Just interesting how many young QBs we could see next season.
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC QB's

My guess:

USC - Thompson
UGA - Mason or Lemay
UF - Morningweg or Grier
UK - Towles or Barker
UT - Dobbs or Ferguson
VU - Robinette
UM - Mauk

AL - Sims or Bateman
AU - Marshall
LSU - Jennings
aTm - Joeckel or Hill
OM - Wallace
MSU - Prescott
Ark - who the hell knows?

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Mauk is going to be a beast next year.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Thompson stacks up pretty well against those guys.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Marshall is going to be a hell of a lot better. He didn't even take part in Spring ball this year, give him a year work on the schemes, and God knows how well he'll do.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I did see Jennings (LSU) play the one series against Arkansas where he drove the length of the field to win the game. He's gonna be good.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Mauk is going to be a beast next year.
Wow. I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, he'll be solid. He'll have the experience of playing this season and he'll be surrounded by a good supporting cast; however, I don't believe he possesses the physical tools of players like Anthony Jennings and Cooper Bateman.

Mauk will take longer to develop, IMHO. He's only a freshman. I can see him steadily improving every year, very much like Connor Shaw.

And it's a very good thing in my book to be compared to Connor Shaw.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #8
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

gamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
Wow. I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, he'll be solid. He'll have the experience of playing this season and he'll be surrounded by a good supporting cast; however, I don't believe he possesses the physical tools of players like Anthony Jennings and Cooper Bateman.

Mauk will take longer to develop, IMHO. He's only a freshman. I can see him steadily improving every year, very much like Connor Shaw.

And it's a very good thing in my book to be compared to Connor Shaw.
Maty Mauk has a big arm and great athleticism. Physical tools?
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
boonyg
Recruit

Male

boonyg has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecox3 View Post
Maty Mauk has a big arm and great athleticism. Physical tools?
great athleticism? he looks like he lumbers along when he takes off and runs to me.
boonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

It will def. be a year of transition in the SEC. A lot of young guys starting and a lot of teams with question marks at the QB position. Nick Marshall will probably be the media favorite at SEC Media Days, along with Hutson Mason with how he closed the season for UGA. Wallace and Prescott I expect to also get a lot of attention.

East
Florida-RS Fresh Max Staver
Georgia-Sr. Hutson Mason
Kentucky-Sr. Maxwell Smith (I think Barker RS)
Mizzou- RS So. Maty Maulk
USC-Sr. Dylan Thompson
UT-So. Josh Dobbs
Vandy-Rs. So. Patton Robinette

West
Bama-RS Fresh Cooper Bateman
Arkansas-True Frosh David Cornwell
Auburn-Sr. Nick Marshall
LSU-RS. Fr. Anthony Jennings (2-QB system with Hayden Rettig though)
Ole Miss-Sr. Bo Wallace
Miss. State-Jr. Dak Prescott
TAMU-Sr. Matt Joekel
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
Jack Garnet
@SCBravesFan23

Male

CockyCash: 483
Jack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervousJack Garnet is making other chickens nervous

On a side note, it's hard for me to believe that Dylan is going to be a SR next season. It seems like he just got here. I'm getting old.

Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #12
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Manziel will definitely be leaving!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #13
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
My guess:

USC - Thompson
UGA - Mason or Lemay
UF - Morningweg or Grier
UK - Towles or Barker
UT - Dobbs or Ferguson
VU - Robinette
UM - Mauk

AL - Sims or Bateman
AU - Marshall
LSU - Jennings
aTm - Joeckel or Hill
OM - Wallace
MSU - Prescott
Ark - who the hell knows?
AJ Derby? Maybe
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #14
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Driskel will be rehabbed from his injury and starting for Florida. Sure, he's underperformed there, but physically he's a stud and he hasn't even come close to his ceiling.

Overall, there's going to be a huge drop off at QB in the SEC in 2014. It's going to be wide open next year. If we get solid QB play, we'll definitely be in the hunt.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Driskel has a pro baseball contract with Boston doesn't he? I doubt he is coming back.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Arkansas will have a QB like the Doors had a bass player.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Arkansas will have a QB like the Doors had a bass player.
Well played
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

FYI Everyone, technically, Dylan will be a RS Sr.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...on_710276.html

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
gohogs14
Walk On

Male

gohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spursgohogs14 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
AJ Derby? Maybe
Haha no...i don't expect him to be here next season.

Brandon Allen will still be the favorite heading into fall camp but will battle with his brother Austin Allen (who is supposed to be better) and 4* freshman Rafe Peavey

We have a 4* athlete Damon Mitchell who redshirted at QB this year too but message board posters say he could be moved to safety for whatever thats worth lol
Old 12-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Driskel has a pro baseball contract with Boston doesn't he? I doubt he is coming back.

This is a recent posting from the Red Sox website: Driskel, the starting quarterback for the University of Florida, was signed by the Red Sox primarily to retain his rights should the once-promising high school ballplayer pursue a return to baseball. Driskel has no plans to play baseball at this time.

He'll be playing QB for Florida in the fall.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote