CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
roosterdude21
b381l
acejrock
Mr.101
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7626)
Super-Efficient Ax (283)
South Carolina @ Aub (255)
BREAD (164)
Starz Black Sails (140)
Dress shirt help (79)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
2015 - Minkah Fitzpatrick
Kelcy and Vic questioned
BREAD
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
gamecocky17
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 340
gamecocky17 is learning to peckgamecocky17 is learning to peck
Default Re: Spurrier... Does he get to 100 wins?

Without a doubt. Would like to see him in the SECCG in 2015....or against the taters for 7 in a row.
gamecocky17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #22
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Easily
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #23
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Very possible. Spurrier will stay for at least three more years with Connor Mitch.
Let's say we win the bowl game (not a given I know) he would have 77.
Next year I see a bare minimum of 7 wins (84).
So if he only gets 7 wins each of the following two seasons, he will have 108 wins.

If he doesn't have 100 wins within the next three years, then the program really hit a wall.

I just hope we will have maybe 2 SEC titles over those years. God knows it is time to take that step.
That would be 98 Yo...
Old 12-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #24
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
3 to 4 more 10 or 11 win seasons and he will beat Bryant's record. I don't think he intended on staying that long but with the possibility of beating B.B. I think he stays and gets it.
The most SEC wins you can have in a year is 8, the Bryant record is SEC wins, so it will take him at least 4 years to catch him if he does not lose another SEC game over the next 4 years.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #25
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
The most SEC wins you can have in a year is 8, the Bryant record is SEC wins, so it will take him at least 4 years to catch him if he does not lose another SEC game over the next 4 years.
We haven't yet but we may win the SECCG. That should count as a SEC win and total 9 in a year, right?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yes, EZ. Of course I've maintained for years he will take a run at the bear.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #27
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

I think 100 career wins at USC is a safe bet. He spent his first five seasons building the program, and he's now enjoying the success of that. He's not going to walk away any time soon. Not now that he has the overall talent to consistently compete in the SEC. Realistically the only question as it's been pointed out, does he stay long enough to get 33 more SEC wins.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
We haven't yet but we may win the SECCG. That should count as a SEC win and total 9 in a year, right?
Never thought about it and could only assume that you are correct.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #29
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

that is only 3 seasons he will be here at least 5 more

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #30
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post
Most SEC Wins

1. The Bear 159 (22 at KY and 137 at Bama)
2. The HBC 127 (Still active and counting 87 at UF and 40 at SC)

Saban is out there lurking with wins at Mich State, LSU and Bama and plenty of SEC wins at LSU and Bama and still active and counting.

That's some serious rarefied air being in those lists.

I still think the three best are The Bear, Gen Neyland and Spurrier and, for now, in that order. It could change. Saban is sure to make his mark even more before all is said and done.

Can Spurrier win 33 more SEC games before he retires? If he could average 5.5 a year for 6 years = 33 ... I dunno. He's signed through 2017. I think if he thinks he can make it when 2017 rolls around he might make a go for it - I dunno.

Can Saban pass both The Bear and The HBC before all is said and done?

And why does Saban not have a catchy nickname yet?

I think he's gonna get the record, I'm pulling for him.
Saban does have a nickname. It's "The Gay Loser".
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #31
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I will say this until I am blue in the face...

Coach Spurrier will do whatever it takes to rack up another significant "First".

Why? He's smart enough to know that you can never take a "first away".

In three seasons, he will have it. I can't imagine him walking away from being the first with 100 wins.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #32
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post
Most SEC Wins

1. The Bear 159 (22 at KY and 137 at Bama)
2. The HBC 127 (Still active and counting 87 at UF and 40 at SC)

Saban is out there lurking with wins at Mich State, LSU and Bama and plenty of SEC wins at LSU and Bama and still active and counting.

That's some serious rarefied air being in those lists.

I still think the three best are The Bear, Gen Neyland and Spurrier and, for now, in that order. It could change. Saban is sure to make his mark even more before all is said and done.

Can Spurrier win 33 more SEC games before he retires? If he could average 5.5 a year for 6 years = 33 ... I dunno. He's signed through 2017. I think if he thinks he can make it when 2017 rolls around he might make a go for it - I dunno.

Can Saban pass both The Bear and The HBC before all is said and done?

And why does Saban not have a catchy nickname yet?

I think he's gonna get the record, I'm pulling for him.
He does: one second Saban.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #33
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
It doesn't count. Otherwise you could add 5 more to Spurrier's SEC win count.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #34
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Yes because he has stated before he will be here as long as Connor Mitch is, so that leads me to believe he will be here for 100 and that Connor Mitch is our gem, and will end up starting next year. You don't say crap like that to a recruit as Steve Spurrier without knowing the guy is probably going to be your next Rex Grossman/Danny Wuerffel.
Exactly. He will be here as long as Mitch is at USC....and maybe longer if we keep these 10-11 win seasons going.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #35
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

It's only 24 wins? He should reach that in 3 seasons or less?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #36
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs

Does anyone have 100 or more wins each at two different schools?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #37
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
Does anyone have 100 or more wins each at two different schools?
Bryant I think... Kentucky and Alabama.. idk though could be less that 100 at kentucky
Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #38
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Bryant I think... Kentucky and Alabama.. idk though could be less that 100 at kentucky
Bryant was 60-23-6 at Kentucky.

I'm pretty sure Spurrier would become the only coach in college football history with 100 wins at two different programs.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #39
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I personally think Spurrier will stick around until he passes Bear for most wins in the SEC. I also think Spurrier believes he can win a national championship at USC.
so he's 32 short of BB......that's about 5-6 more years at 6 wins a year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote