CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
MWard
ertman420
usc90grad
Cunningham wants to (1207)
ESPN article on Clow (863)
Clemson Georgia Game (702)
New Led Zep releases (158)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (157)
Truly Inspiring (156)
2014 garnet and blac (100)
Chick Redefines the (80)
The Bama series (39)
2 tickets for USC vs (12)
Spread vs. aTm
The Bama series
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
SEC Network "Take It
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -
2015 - Davon Durant
2016 - Issac Nauta

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #161
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Anything can happen, but this is why we probably will not get selected to go to the Cotton Bowl: (A) One of the first reasons why a bowl takes a team is due to the amount of fans that school will bring.. The teams in question are Auburn, Missouri, LSU and USC.. We are by far the furthest team away from Dallas. LSU and Missouri are much closer to Dallas than Carolina. I would also say LSU and Missouri(especially LSU) will take many more people that we would (B) The date (1/3) really kills many Carolina fans chances of attending. Most people I know have to go back to work on (1/2).. It would be hard to tell your boss "Hey, I know I just got a week for Christmas, Im gonna take off Friday to go to the Bowl game".. (3) You pretty much have to fly to Dallas... and even though you can fly non-stop from Columbia, $400 plane ticket is not cheap.. then, even if you stay 1 night ($100-150).. and after the ticket/rental car(which you will need if you fly)... you are looking at $700 minimum before even getting the first meal, or first beer.

Capital One Bowl... You could drive down with 2-3 friends... gas (roundtrip) would cost you $40-50 each, 1 night in a hotel would cost $50 or so each, ticket is $75 or so... that is $175.00(Compared to $700)... its not even close when you factor in cost of attending... not to mention, the game is on NY Day.. its a holiday for 98% of us
Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #162
KingCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to KingCock Send a message via Yahoo to KingCock

Transportation costs are more, but everything else is pretty much equal. Hotel prices would be a wash. You can split the rental car with friends. We travel to Omaha, I am sure we can get 12,500 to Dallas, especially when the bowl match up and excitement of the new venue would be a draw. I don't expect it to happen and I know some wouldn't choose to go because of the extra cost, but I feel pretty comfortable that we would get plenty of fans there.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #163
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

cotton bowl tix are much higher priced than cap one.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #164
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Damn... Cotton Bowl tickets START at $140 each. Club Seats are $220.00.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #165
KingCock
4-Star

Male

KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in

Ouch, those are pricey. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The cheap seats to a Cowboys game start at $100.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #166
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

if we are honest with ourselves, the Cap 1 is a better deal for the majority of fans. Most of us can drive there comfortably, spend a night or two and get pretty good seats, even outside of the GCC. I just did a quick estimate, my dad and I could go, spend two nights and sit in the mezzanine level sideline seats for under $500 total. Airfare and hotel would cost that for EACH of us alone to go to Dallas. That doesn't even take into account the increase in seat prices, and there's little available to the general public outside of the nosebleeds at $200 a pop.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #167
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Cotton Bowl would be super fun, but realistically we would sell more tickets to Capital One. That's what I'm pulling for. It's a doable trip for me.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #168
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit

This isn't just about the fans. This is about what it would do for the university. Would you be willing to spend a little more money to add a Cotton Bowl trophy to the trophy case? I would.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #169
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 View Post
This isn't just about the fans. This is about what it would do for the university. Would you be willing to spend a little more money to add a Cotton Bowl trophy to the trophy case? I would.
$700 compared to $175? If it was a BCS game.... Absolutely I would pay the difference...
Old 12-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #170
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Cotton Bowl would be super fun, but realistically we would sell more tickets to Capital One. That's what I'm pulling for. It's a doable trip for me.

You may get your wish. Spoke with a friend of mine in Orlando who is on the board of the Chamber of Commerce there. He said we were getting a lot of momentum as the choice. We traveled well last time and they like a team who is on a win streak, particularly where two of the wins were against top 10 teams (well, the tiggers were when we beat them). Personally, I would rather see us in the Cotton since we have never been there. But there you are.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #171
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
You may get your wish. Spoke with a friend of mine in Orlando who is on the board of the Chamber of Commerce there. He said we were getting a lot of momentum as the choice. We traveled well last time and they like a team who is on a win streak, particularly where two of the wins were against top 10 teams (well, the tiggers were when we beat them). Personally, I would rather see us in the Cotton since we have never been there. But there you are.
If Auburn wins... It just makes the most sense(logistically).... We go to the Cap-1, Missou(who fans just went to Atlanta) goes somewhere drivable(Cotton), and LSU goes to Tampa(where they have not been for a few years.. And is only a 7 hour drive)
Old 12-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #172
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
$700 compared to $175? If it was a BCS game.... Absolutely I would pay the difference...
Cap 1 and Outback. Same ole bowls, same ole attractions, same ole Big 10 teams. I prefer Cotton.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #173
KingCock
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
If Auburn wins... It just makes the most sense(logistically).... We go to the Cap-1, Missou(who fans just went to Atlanta) goes somewhere drivable(Cotton), and LSU goes to Tampa(where they have not been for a few years.. And is only a 7 hour drive)
LSU to Tampa is more like a 10 hour drive, but I agree with your point on what makes sense for distances. I personally think it is worth it to pay more and do something different. I may be in the minority, but I went to Cap 1 last time and don't have any interest in going back again so soon.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #174
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

I prefer the Cotton bowl for the program and for the young men and coaches and others who have worked so hard. If I had plenty of money at my disposal, I wouldn't have it any other way. Adding a Cotton bowl trophy to the case is a great addition. However, I just cannot go if it's in Dallas, and I'm sure I'm not the only Carolina fan who is in the same boat. I live paycheck to paycheck. My dad is actually paying for the trip as a Christmas gift for me, just as he did to the last Cap 1 bowl. I've been looking at going to Dallas and even if we cheap it, for the two of us, it's approaching $1,000 without tix or food or transportation to and from the stadium. That's a lot of money!

Old 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #175
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Here's what just came over twitter... We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #176
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post

Ahh you beat me to it,
Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #177
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post

Not mad about it. The Outback people aren't dumb, they know we wouldn't be too thrilled with another Tampa trip.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #178
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

Was able to go to Tampa last year for the bowl, and we had a blast. I doubt we could afford to go to Cotton Bowl, but even so, I'd rather see us go there. We've got outback and cap 1 trophies. Lets add a Cotton. I think we'd be matched up with a quality opponent.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #179
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

I want the Chickfila Bowl against Duke and think thats the most likely place we land
Old 12-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #180
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
I want the Chickfila Bowl against Duke and think thats the most likely place we land

We are not going to the Chick-Fil-A...and I would be highly disappointed if we did. The two places we will land is either the Capital One or the Cotton Bowl.
Closed Thread