CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
markp_vip
jrussjr
G&B
ktguen
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Hillsborough (479)
Larenz Bryant update (459)
2015 - Chris Clark (425)
No.1 for 2016 has Ga (343)
UK's Whitlow to tran (269)
Bamberg High School (233)
GTA V online (224)
Its April 15th and i (173)
Joeckel Transfering (166)
A'ja Wilson
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Larenz Bryant update?
response from charter abo
GTA V online
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 12-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs
Default Re: The Clemson Nation (not smack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpep View Post
we had the youngest roster of all d1 schools coming in to this year. with a year of maturing in the system- i feel more than confident in our ability to fill holes and field a pretty strong team on both sides of the ball in 2014
I agree 100%. We are going to be just fine next year. The maturation of our LBs this season alone was fantastic. We will still have size on the DL. Our secondary will be good enough to hang also I believe.

GET DOWN WITH THE CLOWN
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

After reading through this thread, I didn't see much discussion about understanding the system as a part of team development. Of course some of our young guys will develop more strength, but at this phase of the game, its more important to understand technique and having intimate knowledge about the game and the system we run. I don't care how fast and strong you are; if you don't know where to go and what to do when you get there, all the strength and brains in the world aren't going to help get the job done. Our young guys have had a year learning and will be ready to focus on the next level.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #23
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by appcenter52 View Post
I don't understand this logic. We've beaten them without these two guys as well. They haven't been playing in all five of the streak. The notion that losing those two all the sudden means Clemson starts winning again is comical. Do they not lose Boyd, Watkins, Beasley, etc?
Nah, the bigger question mark is that leading up to the game they talk about those guys being noting but overrated scrubs. Now that they are leaving, they were the world beaters that held the key to our success.

Which is it?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #24
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

If Morris leaves, do you think their offense will change?

Personally I think they'd keep the same offense and assume that someone on staff, or even Dabo, can run the system now that they have learned it from Morris. For no other reason, it allows them to keep selling the fast paced exciting offense, during recruiting.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

We have a legit shot at going on another 5 game run which would be 10 straight. I think Tennessee beat Georgia like 9 or 10 straight in the 90's. HBC just knows how to outcoach, out chess play the Clemson coaches. He really should be 8-1 vs Clemson. We should have won in 05 and 07. 2008 was the only time they were better and that is just cause we were a dysfunctional team. We have a shot at getting to 50 wins against them before they get to 70 against us, then that "we've dominated Carolina in the history of the series" goes out the window cause they would only be like 15 games ahead of us and that is not domination. Technically they have only won around 6 out of every 10 played and that is not so called domination in my view. Since the 70's is why they extended their lead. Up until that point they were not that far ahead of us.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
TRBTB
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
TRBTB has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
If Morris leaves, do you think their offense will change?

Personally I think they'd keep the same offense and assume that someone on staff, or even Dabo, can run the system now that they have learned it from Morris. For no other reason, it allows them to keep selling the fast paced exciting offense, during recruiting.
If Morris goes they will just spend his $1.3 million salary on another proven OC who will run a very similar system. I tend to believe he will stick around for one final year so his daughter can graduate from high school at Daniel.

If Morris stays I think they will transition to Auburn style offense with Kelly or Watson at the helm and rely heavily on the rush.
TRBTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #27
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Boyd was a really good QB for them...they pounded a lot of ACC teams the past 4 years. That's their world...and the lack of experience in playing in big games showed last Sat. nite.

I think this was their year and it didn't happen. They may do well the next few years, but breaking in a new QB may be painful.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #28
airborne09
4-Star

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I believe this kid Watson is the real deal.He's very intelligent and driven.I may be wrong but from what I've seen this looks good.He may not be their savior but he is good.
airborne09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #29
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Were I a Clemson fan, I'd rather deal with the smack than this AUTOPSY.
Think I'm gonna let 'em bury 2013 in peace, and act like I've been there before.
Quite simply, our program has passed them by and even the most delusional know it.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #30
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I've said it before & i'll say it again. If they have dabo and we have spurrier, they will not beat us. We've won these games in similar fashion every year. I don't know when Clemson is going to understand that. Spurrier has found the key to winning these games, and until they make a switch on their coaching staff somewhere, it's going to be more of the same.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #31
TheGarnetArmy
Banned

Male

TheGarnetArmy has hatched from the shell

If Morris leaves, do they hire a new OC or does Dabo call the plays? I've heard that one assistant might take over.
TheGarnetArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #32
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGarnetArmy View Post
If Morris leaves, do they hire a new OC or does Dabo call the plays? I've heard that one assistant might take over.
That's what I was asking. I think they would do a combo of an assistant and Dabo running the fast pace offense that Morris installed. For no other reason, Dabo can then become an OC after being fired from Clemson.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #33
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

We replace one Connor with another.. have no fear
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #34
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
My cowoker thinks that losing Boyd will really hurt them next year. At least we have the experienced back up. Our O should be pretty good next year.
I really do feel like they (Clemson) put themselves into some really bad
situations with their starting skill people. Tajh was very (VERY) rarely
subbed out, even in games were they had the score well in control. I
do think that is Dabo just trying to pad the stats of his skill players to make
them look more like some of the "top national commodities" but it will bite
you in the ass, in the long run (like next season). Their "heir apparents"
will take over with little playing time, and what time they did get, was
basically mop up duty against Div 1AA programs. No pressure situations
and they will have to develop that next season. They open again AT
GEORGIA with a QB, RB and some WRs that have seen no action when
the game was on the line. The same thing happened to them a few years
back when Dabo talked Parker into coming back for another season, and
Boyd started his Soph year with Very little experience and very few
tested WRs / RBs around him....Clemson fans will tell you that 2010 was
a very poor year for them. Probably the worst of Dabo's era. ... They
are in the ACC so they will win a few, but I see a few losses for them
next year because of lack of PT with the guys he'll have to count on
to run the team.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #35
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Last winter when Clemson fans were sitting on pins and needles every
time a rumor popped up about Morris talking to other schools, Dabo tired
to comfort them by saying that their offense was not a Chad Morris offense
but a "CLEMSON" offense ?!?! .. He actually said that Morris did not come
here and establish that offense, but rather CLEMSON created it and then
got Morris to come run it.

He told everyone that if Chad Morris left, they would put Jeff Scott in
place of Chad Morris and not miss a beat. ..... YEAH, RIGHT.

I would assume that since he said that last year, that would be the plan
IF Morris left them now. Regardless of what Dabo said, Chad Morris designed
and coached that Offense, and when / if he leaves, Jeff Scott will
probably be the new OC trying to run a Chad Morris Offense.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #36
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I think next year we'll all see clemson have the same type of season Georgia had this year.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudlytpep is crowing loudly

Quote:
i'll stand my gut thoughts- if chadmo leaves clemson will resemble what they went through when richrod bolted for wvu and left tammy holding the bag. abo never has been an oc and to put it all in his hands is a train wreck in the makings
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #38
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

If Chad Morris leaves, I think they would go after Lane Kiffin...
Old 12-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #39
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Jeff Scott as OC?

Dreams do come true!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #40
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne09 View Post
I believe this kid Watson is the real deal.He's very intelligent and driven.I may be wrong but from what I've seen this looks good.He may not be their savior but he is good.

I watched a game of his on TV, and he is really good. Not exactly cut from the same mold as Winston at FSU, but not far off. If he starts the season on the bench, he won't sit for long, imo.