CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
3MTA3
Thenardier
ertman420
thekob
b381l
G&B
Master Bedroom
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1180)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (817)
Cunningham wants to (520)
Purple drank (433)
Horseshoes has been (213)
Clemson Georgia Game (173)
ESPN article on Clow (141)
Fumble party (138)
1964 World’s Fair (130)
Softball tops Georgi (116)
Season Rankings Thread...
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Cunningham wants to hear
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
Clemson Georgia Game to b

Old 12-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #221
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is Dylan a lock for being our starting QB next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodCocky View Post

Actually I was with both JR. & SR. at the time along with Jerri. But keep believing your a football god cause from your comments on here definitely prove that a football genius your not!

Jeez some people shouldn't talk about football and try to make people think they know everything and everyone!

like yourself.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #222
Talon1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAtlanta View Post
I remember a time last year where people were calling for Dylan to be the starter over Shaw. We all see now how ridiculous that was, and it's just as ridiculous to do the same with Dylan, now that it is his turn to be the lead guy.
I didn't think it was so ridiculous when he started against Clemson last year. He played the entire game and kicked their a$$.

Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHoO...yer_detailpage

Last edited by Talon1; 12-04-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #223
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

some psychology graduate student could use this message board to write a dissertation about the human nature to question whether things could be better

sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #224
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

I dont think anything related to QB is a lock with SOS.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #225
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Having options at QB is a good problem to have and should make for a very competitive spring, summer, fall with all the QB's pushing each other to be the best they can be. Having Cooper is not only a great weapon on offense but good practice for the defense during weeks that lead up to teams with a very mobile QB as well as giving opposing coaches something to think about leading up to playing us.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #226
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Having options at QB is a good problem to have and should make for a very competitive spring, summer, fall with all the QB's pushing each other to be the best they can be. Having Cooper is not only a great weapon on offense but good practice for the defense during weeks that lead up to teams with a very mobile QB as well as giving opposing coaches something to think about leading up to playing us.
Cooper is going to do great things during his time here, mark it down.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #227
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 455
WoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
like yourself.....

Unlike you I actually do know the family and I don't come on here making statements that completely false. Not trying to get into a pissing match with you but when you are invited to their house over the holiday's let me know because I will probably be there and would love to meet you and we both can corner Steve and ask him. I typically don't ever talk football with him but in your case I will break that rule. So just let me know.
WoodCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #228
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

I've only had a chance to see Nosovitch in the spring game and he looked very solid. Strong arm and quick feet. Dylan has been a hero for us at times, but he does have the inconsistencies with throws as others have mentioned.

Also saw Mitch play in that game, but for me Nosovitch passed the eye test better, that said, I think it's Dylan's job unless the others can beat him out.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #229
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Unlike you I actually do know the family and I don't come on here making statements that completely false. Not trying to get into a pissing match with you but when you are invited to their house over the holiday's let me know because I will probably be there and would love to meet you and we both can corner Steve and ask him. I typically don't ever talk football with him but in your case I will break that rule. So just let me know.
no better way to avoid a pissing match than emoticons! oh boy.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #230
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Thompson gave us two great memories(Clemson/Outback Bowl pass) but I would love to see us go with Mitch. Let the guy get his feet wet and build up a RS Freshman year and blossom into a great QB for years to come, instead of ding it his RS Sophomore year. Just my opinion.

The only problem is I believe Dylan would give us the best chance to win the TAMU(week1) and UGA(week3) game.

Im with everyone else though that thinks it will be Thompson, but I think we have a good one in Mitch. Just my opinion...
Old 12-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #231
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

I'm sure the Spurrier family would be proud of your behavior on Cockytalk...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #232
GarnetAtlanta
Class of 2018

Male

GarnetAtlanta has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon1 View Post
I didn't think it was so ridiculous when he started against Clemson last year. He played the entire game and kicked their a$$.

Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHoO...yer_detailpage
I obviously saw the Clemson game. It's not like Connor wasn't fully capable of winning that game as well, and regardless Connor is the older, more matured player, and the winningest QB in Carolina history. The talk of Dylan starting over Connor was ridiculous. Plain and Simple. You want proof? Check out the Mizzou game.
GarnetAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #233
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

These words from Spurrier, "Dylan knows its his team next year."

Give it a rest people. Dylan has won games for us and played a lot. Has a win over Clemson in Death Valley.

Mitch hasn't taken a snap yet in college.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #234
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
These words from Spurrier, "Dylan knows its his team next year."

Give it a rest people. Dylan has won games for us and played a lot. Has a win over Clemson in Death Valley.

Mitch hasn't taken a snap yet in college.
I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that there will be no competition for the job in the spring and summer? I didn't take Spurrier's comment that way at all. (Let's not forget that Spurrier said that Dylan would play against Clemson and he didn't. At times, Spurrier says things to play mind games with either his players or his opponents, or both.)

I agree that Dylan has won games for us and played very well...in 2012. But let's be honest: there is nothing about his performance in 2013 that would lead anyone to believe he will be an upper echelon SEC quarterback. He was really no better nor no worse than Justin Worley this season. Yet, Vols fans have pretty much written Worley off for next season. Why? Because he's never shown the potential Dylan showed in 2012.

To return to his 2012 level of performance, Dylan needs competition. It will make him better. I don't see any benefit in crowning before spring ball even begins.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #235
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Backup quarterbacks are the most mythical beasts in all of sports.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #236
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Backup quarterbacks are the most mythical beasts in all of sports.
No evidence leave only the imagination.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #237
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

its not even the offseason yet....geez
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #238
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that there will be no competition for the job in the spring and summer? I didn't take Spurrier's comment that way at all. (Let's not forget that Spurrier said that Dylan would play against Clemson and he didn't. At times, Spurrier says things to play mind games with either his players or his opponents, or both.)

I agree that Dylan has won games for us and played very well...in 2012. But let's be honest: there is nothing about his performance in 2013 that would lead anyone to believe he will be an upper echelon SEC quarterback. He was really no better nor no worse than Justin Worley this season. Yet, Vols fans have pretty much written Worley off for next season. Why? Because he's never shown the potential Dylan showed in 2012.

To return to his 2012 level of performance, Dylan needs competition. It will make him better. I don't see any benefit in crowning before spring ball even begins.
Never said there wouldn't be competition in the Spring. You're putting words in my mouth. Of course there will be competition at the QB position, Spurrier is our coach.

All I'm saying is Dylan is a 5th year senior, smart, very hard worker and it is going to be tough to unseat him for the starting job.

This offense will be full of weapons next year with a great OL. We just need a QB to take advantage of it. Hey, if it's Mitch or Nosovitch that works their butt off during the offseason and wins the job that will be fine by me.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #239
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
its not even the offseason yet....geez
I'm predicting this same conversation will be had about 200 more times with neither side listening to the other's response before repeating their opinions. Just think of it as a warm up for the election season.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #240
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Never said there wouldn't be competition in the Spring. You're putting words in my mouth. Of course there will be competition at the QB position, Spurrier is our coach.

All I'm saying is Dylan is a 5th year senior, smart, very hard worker and it is going to be tough to unseat him for the starting job.

This offense will be full of weapons next year with a great OL. We just need a QB to take advantage of it. Hey, if it's Mitch or Nosovitch that works their butt off during the offseason and wins the job that will be fine by me.
It wasn't my intention to put words in your mouth, I was just asking you to clarify. I don't really disagree with what you have written above. Dylan is clearly the favorite to be the starter against A&M.