CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
robert40
weatheredxtown
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7329)
Sindarius Thornwell (628)
BREAD (600)
Dress shirt help (412)
Best Child Acting Pe (379)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (255)
Well gameday just go (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (186)
South Carolina @ Aub (176)
Unsung Hero (139)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Softball takes final game
BREAD
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
boiled peanuts
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Old 12-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #721
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
So you're saying Spurrier has taken an in home with all 14 commits and with the 4-5 more that we're trying to get like Sawyer, Green, Are, Samuel, and Scott. I have never heard that. I'm impressed.
I think Spurrier will at some point before signing day take an in-home with all 14 commits and the guys we are seriuosly after, In-homes havnt really started yet though

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #722
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

UGa thinks he is a lock on their board even though they admit playing time for Green may be scarce for him. IF Green truly wants early PT the writing is clearly on the wall.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #723
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Who is the guy that committed there last year that is so unhappy over playing time or something like that? Brendan Langley?

Yeah I bet they keep him FAR away from Wesley Green.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #724
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
So you're saying Spurrier has taken an in home with all 14 commits and with the 4-5 more that we're trying to get like Sawyer, Green, Are, Samuel, and Scott. I have never heard that. I'm impressed.
Smart move on the HBC if true
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #725
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I just don't get it. UGA has freshmen playing CB right now. When does Wesley expect to play? We have an immediate opening and our defense is not a dumpster fire
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #726
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Maybe he wants to watch and learn at uga. no doubt about it he'd be on the field against those guys next year at Williams Brice if he chooses USC. Ga prob. wouldn't redshirt him but I do see him a good ways back behind all of those other guys that play his position
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #727
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I just don't get it. UGA has freshmen playing CB right now. When does Wesley expect to play? We have immediate openingS and our defense is not a dumpster fire
FIFY

Georgia just makes no sense for him compared to us.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #728
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Maybe he wants to watch and learn at uga. no doubt about it he'd be on the field against those guys next year at Williams Brice if he chooses USC. Ga prob. wouldn't redshirt him but I do see him a good ways back behind all of those other guys that play his position
I don't really think logic is behind it if he goes to Ga.Strictly the emotional draw of playing for the home state school and pressure from outsiders.One thing for sure Carolina needs him more than Ga,but that might not matter.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #729
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I just don't get it. UGA has freshmen playing CB right now. When does Wesley expect to play? We have an immediate opening and our defense is not a dumpster fire
1. You don't get to his level by assuming you will sit several years. This playtime argument doesn't hold water for players. They know the best will play, promise me what you will, if I am better you will play me. If I am not, you will play someone else. Makes sense on message boards, not on the field.

2. He is from Georgia, not sure why the best team in the state he grew up in pushing for him makes him think twice is all that surprising.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #730
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

UGa absolutely makes no sense. Even their own message boards say playing time will be scarce for him. With that said I think the longer this deal goes on I think its better for the Gamecocks.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #731
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

I think he's a dawg. However I think we get smith and steal lammons
Old 12-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #732
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

not about uga but I was lookin at the guys that bama recruited a few years back. mostly all four stars that I haven't heard mentioned since they came out of hs. Just speculating but I bet had those guys come to USC, and several that are riding the pine at uga had come to USC, they'd either be in the NFL now or some big time names in the SEC
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #733
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
If Lammons visits, we have a very good chance.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #734
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
not about uga but I was lookin at the guys that bama recruited a few years back. mostly all four stars that I haven't heard mentioned since they came out of hs. Just speculating but I bet had those guys come to USC, and several that are riding the pine at uga had come to USC, they'd either be in the NFL now or some big time names in the SEC
Speaking of bama, how did John Fulton's career turn out at bama? Haven't heard much about him

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #735
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
has Lammons even agreed to an OV......pay sites say Wisconsin is trending....
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #736
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Speaking of bama, how did John Fulton's career turn out at bama? Haven't heard much about him
He is one of their starting corners this season.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #737
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
He is one of their starting corners this season.
He finally worked his way up to starter in his senior year and after being torched by Mike Evans in the A&M game now finds himself as a nickel or dime corner and special teamer.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #738
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
has Lammons even agreed to an OV......pay sites say Wisconsin is trending....
Lammons hasn't agreed to an OV, but coaches are really working him to take one. Some pay sites think we have a good chance to flip him IF he visits.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #739
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Lotta pressure to stay instate if UGA wants you.

You'd expect the same out of a kid here in SC.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #740
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Yea he is in a terrible position. Unfair for a 17 year old kid.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote