CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
spareparts
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
The Yancey
Sindarius Thornwell (1099)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (803)
Well gameday just go (561)
Happy Birthday, Coac (499)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (428)
Your most famous twi (399)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (385)
South Carolina @ Aub (264)
Softball takes final (180)
Lattimore's return. (128)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Lattimore's return. An ar
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
How to cut the mustard
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4

Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #101
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly
Default Re: Clemson kinda outplayed USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
he took like three steps backwards after catching the ball and then after consciously changing the ball postition in his hands tried to reach out for the TD. I know what the call was, but I thought it was total bollocks. I mean, what else does he have to do to establish a catch? He was down as soon as his butt hit the ground (prior to dropping the ball as he reached for EZ). Oh well, we scored on the drive anyway so no big deal

Agreed. But even the ref tues on the Teddy Hefner show called the ball incomplete.

I think the refs are stuck mentally on a situation they are trained on where a player gets a toe in bounds and then fumbles after hitting the ground out of bounds.
This play was different from the training they are drilled on because Shaq caught it. Drew it in. Then took three steps. He had control for quite a while. The refs are judging their training situation. That catch was different than what they were trained on. They werten't looking at the real play. They were looking at the play they were trained on. They are saying the ground did cause the fumble and causes an incompletion.

It was a simple play: Shaq caught the ball, pulled it in and secured it, took three steps and hit the ground. Play over. The ground cant cause a fumble in this situation.

Last edited by ZenUSC; 12-03-2013 at 05:07 PM.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #102
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/threa...04270&tstart=0

Wow...
Old 12-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #103
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

"We still have no respect for you. None. And, even though this crawls all over you, we still own that azz in our series with you.

But deeper than the aforementioned items, we know we're simply superior to you. We have a better university. We have a better athletics department. And we have better fans. Put simply, we're better than you are.

Regarding your football program, it's Spurrier and only Spurrier. That's it. Prior to Spurrier, your program was $hit. After Spurrier, your program will be $hit. You know it. We know it.

So enjoy your brief flash in the warm sunshine. Feels good, doesn't it? We don't just taste it--we've lived our lives in it. You, however, are like white trash who won a small lottery. The whole world knows you'll be broke again in a few years. "

Sometimes certain Clemson fans annoy me.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #104
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
This guy is the prototypical tater that thinks BAMA is a good matchup for them in the Orange bowl because Clem can defend the run. I can't wait to watch Saban take out his frustration on the "Walmart Greeter" and company.

GET DOWN WITH THE CLOWN
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #105
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallen20 View Post
This guy is the prototypical tater that thinks BAMA is a good matchup for them in the Orange bowl because Clem can defend the run. I can't wait to watch Saban take out his frustration on the "Walmart Greeter" and company.
Dude...I hope you're right. Thought LSU would, but I truly think Saban will unleash fury.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #106
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Dude...I hope you're right. Thought LSU would, but I truly think Saban will unleash fury.
LSU crossed my mind. BUT I tend to think there is a remarkable difference between LSU and Bama in this situation. LSU could not get up for the Chic fila bowl. Bama may not WANT to be in the Orange bowl, but it's still a BCS bowl. They will be up and ready to play. Also AJ McCaron is a tested QB while Mettenburger was a first year starter. Either way, I'll be screaming ROLL TIDE. Paint the town CRIMSON!!

GET DOWN WITH THE CLOWN
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #107
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Look, they won the national championship by beating LSU last year. They are hoping for a repeat.

Silly pussies. Saban will have his team ready for the national championship game. They won't be ready for that.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #108
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Why play Bama? Their fans are shooting each other. I hope civility isn't gone forever from public sporting events.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #109
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
His rant is their bedtime prayer. Unfortunately, it won't be answered.

Seriously, we could win 20 in a row and there would still be a large population that spews this crap. I think there are loonies out there that would rather do away with the rivalry than admit they're the little brother now.

Clemson has become "Kyle" on that Cadillac ATS commercial...
Old 12-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #110
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
But according to their "formula for winning", all they needed was to run about 30 more plays...

Cracks me up every time I hear that nonsense.
Oh hayul yes!! Had a guy tell me that if they had a few more possessions they would have won big. You gotta be shittin me. The reason they didn't have more possessions is cuz we didn't let them. Did we not waste field position at least twice?
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #111
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
Oh hayul yes!! Had a guy tell me that if they had a few more possessions they would have won big. You gotta be shittin me. The reason they didn't have more possessions is cuz we didn't let them. Did we not waste field position at least twice?
A few more possessions and they would have had 8 turnovers.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #112
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
Are they kiddin'? If the game had lasted a few more posessions they would have had a few more fumbles. Nobody can throw an interception better than Sammy Watkins but my favorite was when there own guy knocks the ball from Humphries on their own punt reception. They musta practiced that in the off season.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #113
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs
Default Re: I will not make excuses

for CU losing last Saturday. Just wonder how many SC fans did the same thing in 2008. CU was 6-5 and SC was 7-4 (and the better team in my opinion). SC had 4 interceptions and a punt blocked and lost 31-14; it happens. One the positive side for SC; that probably secured the head coaching job for the head cheerleader.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #114
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb
Default Re: I will not make excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
for CU losing last Saturday. Just wonder how many SC fans did the same thing in 2008. CU was 6-5 and SC was 7-4 (and the better team in my opinion). SC had 4 interceptions and a punt blocked and lost 31-14; it happens. One the positive side for SC; that probably secured the head coaching job for the head cheerleader.
Quite a few of our Gamecock brethren said that "we beat ourselves" last year after the Florida game. I still see posts suggesting that was a game we should have won. Hopefully, we've heard the last of that argument now that we realize how silly Clemson fans sounds making it.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #115
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

The OP is right.
Clemson played their A game on defense and, until the fourth quarter, their B game on offense.

We played our C game on offense, and about a B on defense.

And even all that, they still couldn't win.

I think they may hurt Clemson fans the most.
They did everything right...they stopped our run game, their pass rush eliminated the deep pass and their offensive running game was looking good.

And yet they lost focus and committed six turnovers.

Proof, no matter how good you are, if you turn the ball over six times, you aren't going to win.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote