CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Cockypantherfan
roosterdude21
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
qcgamecock
BeatBamaTwice
Roosterdog
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1513)
The #AskEmmert Q& (473)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (197)
Peach Bowl name retu (187)
Construction of Worl (152)
Save Electricity By (136)
Stadium Ratings-Site (108)
HELP calculating acr (101)
How Experienced In P (55)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Victor Hampton Arrested
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Amazon Fire TV
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #41
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Kelly Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Schools don't rely on walk-on's to play. They're just there to provide extra depth in case of an emergency. When the 2015 season gets here, we'll have two QB's (Nosovitch & Mitch) three if we get Bo. Remember what happened to Maryland last season where they had to rely on a LB to play QB because of injuries? We need to take two QB's in 2015. Having at least four QB's on the roster (not including walk-on's) should provide solid depth. Bo & Kevin Johnson would probably be our two guys. Ones a pro style, the other a dual threat.
So you didn't want to count our 2 non schollie QB's.....then said MD had to play a LB at QB because of injuries. Yea that makes sense.
Thompson last year 2014
Nosovitch last year 2016
Mitch last year 2017
Baldwin (assuming he takes the grayshirt) 2019
I see no reason to take 2 QB in any class.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #42
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGCOCKS#32 View Post
He is martavius Bryant's, who plays at clemson, cousin. Martavius went to wren and then went on to Clemson. He's going to Clemson all the way
Bryant is from Hanna. I expect he will be Clemson also unless he just really wants to play QB, clem is offering him as a receiver & USC as a QB so we will see but I do think it will be a major upset if he comes here..... GT maybe.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #43
DTGCOCKS#32
Recruit

Male

DTGCOCKS#32 has hatched from the shell
Default 2015 - Kelly Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
Bryant is from Hanna. I expect he will be Clemson also unless he just really wants to play QB, clem is offering him as a receiver & USC as a QB so we will see but I do think it will be a major upset if he comes here..... GT maybe.
I believe u are right on him going to Hanna but wren isn't very far at all from Clemson. I coach baseball at woodruff which always plays abbeville and he is a heck of a player on the football field. When he wasn't on the field. They weren't even as close as good as when he was.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #44
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Call me crazy, but I think Bryant may end up at GT...assuming he has the grades and the drive to be an engineer.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 08-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #45
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
So you didn't want to count our 2 non schollie QB's.....then said MD had to play a LB at QB because of injuries. Yea that makes sense.
Thompson last year 2014
Nosovitch last year 2016
Mitch last year 2017
Baldwin (assuming he takes the grayshirt) 2019
I see no reason to take 2 QB in any class.
I agree with what you are saying, but if Baldwin takes a Greyshirt and we take another QB in 2015, then I hope it's Thompson's brother. Don't know if he is highly touted, Dylan is working out for us in my opinion. I'd like to see us snag Daniel.

~Dan Gable
Old 08-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #46
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

Kevin Johnson is another too.

~Dan Gable
Old 08-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #47
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoach View Post
I agree with what you are saying, but if Baldwin takes a Greyshirt and we take another QB in 2015, then I hope it's Thompson's brother. Don't know if he is highly touted, Dylan is working out for us in my opinion. I'd like to see us snag Daniel.
I haven't seen any of Daniel's film, but at this point I don't think he would be the top QB on our board.. we'd probably have to miss on someone to have room for him. But like I said, I haven't seen film. I just haven't heard enough about him frankly. I am gonna try and find some film on him this evening
Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #48
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
If Baldwin takes the grayshirt and we take another QB in 2015, that means we have 2, 2015 guys.....I just don't see that happening.....although I totally agree with you on Dylan working out well for us. We have never had this kind of depth at QB.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #49
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

Didn't Dylan come in the same class as Shaw? Maybe Baldwin and Thompson are the next two!

~Dan Gable
Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #50
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Didn't Dylan come in the same class as Shaw? Maybe Baldwin and Thompson are the next two!
Shaw is 1 year ahead of Dylan. If Baldwin takes the grayshirt, I'll be shocked if we go after another QB in 2015.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #51
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I thought Shaw and Dylan were same class but Dylan redshirted
Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #52
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #53
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Correct.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #54
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Shaw is 1 year ahead of Dylan. If Baldwin takes the grayshirt, I'll be shocked if we go after another QB in 2015.
in terms of years remaining....
Old 08-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #55
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Gotcha. I'm excited to see what the coaches do at qb next year recruiting wise. We have a nice balance of passers and scramblers right now
Old 08-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #56
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I know he said that we are recruiting him to be a QB but... I don't know about that. He seems more like an ATH to me. I am way more impressed with his running ability than his arm.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #57
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
QB Kelly Bryant (6-4 200) of Wren continues to show the doubters he is a Division One quality quarterback prospect. In Friday night’s wild playoff victory over Greenville, Bryant passed for four touchdowns and ran for three more in leading the Hurricanes to their first playoff victory since 1992. Bryant passed for 296 yards and he had a 79 yard touchdown run. “He’s playing really well,” Wren coach Jeff Tate said prior to the game. “He’s a great kid, a hard worker at practice and a good student.” Bryant transferred to Wren from Abbeville where he was considered an athlete in recruiting circles because he hadn’t convinced the analysts he could be a big time quarterback. But the new staff at NC State saw something they liked and was the first to offer him strictly as a quarterback. “He really likes NC State,” Tate said. “He likes the atmosphere. Dez Kitchings if his his recruiter and they’ve made a connection.” Clemson and USC also have offered. “USC first offered as an athlete and they’ve come back and said we’ll give you a shot a quarterback,” Tate said. “Clemson was the same way.” North Carolina jumped on board with an offer last week. Bryant also has offers from Georgia Tech and Appalachian State. Bryant has visited Clemson. He went to Ohio State two weeks ago and North Carolina this past weekend. He’s going to Louisville and plans to be at USC for the Clemson game. There is no front runner at this point.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ning-with-usc/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #58
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
QB Kelly Bryant of Wren made his first trip this season to Columbia for a game Saturday to watch USC battle Clemson. He has offers from both schools and both want him as a quarterback. “It was a really good experience,” Bryant said. “It’s a crazy, great feeling at Carolina how their fans are and how they react, and how the coaches coach players during the game and how they are towards recruits before the game coming and talking with the families and getting to know us better as not just football players but as a person.” Bryant has carried the dreaded label of “athlete” thru his career but he emerged this season as a top-notch quarterback prospect, and he’s letting it be known he only wants to be a quarterback in college. All the schools which have offered him are treating him that way. “My main goal was to erase that label as an athlete,” he said. “I’m still working on things as a quarterback to improve on just to get better each day each opportunity I have.” This season Bryant passed for 2600 yards and 29 touchdowns and rushed for 1000 yards and 15 touchdowns. Ole Miss offered him last week joining Clemson, USC, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, NC State and Appalachian State. This season he also went to games at Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Georgia and Appalachian State. He plans to visit Louisville and Tennessee for junior days along with Clemson and USC. Bryant said Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris is personally recruiting him. “Clemson likes my improvement as the season went on, they liked what they had seen,” he said. “They are glad I got to come up to games and spend time with them. I talk with coach Morris a lot. He told me he wants me at Clemson, he could see me at Clemson doing the things we do at Wren because they are similar to the things they do at Clemson.” Bryant said he does not have any favorites and he wants to visit more schools.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...fying-chances/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #59
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

chances we get involved here?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #60
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
chances we get involved here?
What do you mean by that? We were the first to offer him, so we've been involved for quite a while. It will be tough to beat Clemson out, but if Chad Morris leaves before February 2015, I could see him having a tough time picking Clemson.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Closed Thread