CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
Regalcock
b381l
catdaddy66
acejrock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (609)
BREAD (487)
South Carolina @ Aub (355)
Dress shirt help (313)
Starz Black Sails (258)
Sindarius Thornwell (186)
Best Child Acting Pe (175)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (100)
Unsung Hero (62)
Well gameday just go (50)
Name a Gamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
TOSHIBA Satellite i7 lapt
How to cut the mustard
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 12-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Def. next year

Looking for leaders...I think Sharrod, Brison, Kaiwon and JT.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Darkhorse? Cedrick Cooper
Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #23
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I think Ahmad and Rico will do just fine. Towards the end of the season, Rico started coming along and the coaches were pleased with his progress. Ahmad played well when he was in for the most part. Hopefully beig a full time starter will allow him to play at a high level. I'm really excited to see what those two can do.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
bobbycock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
It doesn't matter, I have heard that Clemson is going to beat us very badly. Next year is apparently their year.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #25
biggamefan
Recruit

Male

biggamefan is learning to peckbiggamefan is learning to peck

Most of you are forgetting a key player that I think is going to step up big time on D... TJ Gurley
Old 12-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #26
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I look for Brison and Skai to be the vocal leaders. They have the experience, knowledge, and talent to guide everyone. It's asking a lot of Skai but damn if he didn't show that he could handle everything and then some this year.

And I think GDixon anchors our line.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #27
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Darkhorse? Cedrick Cooper
I'm hoping he can just see the field.
LB now has turned into a position of great depth.

Granted, he has been hurt and recovering all year.

Only real concern is CB. It wouldn't surprise me if we move a safety to CB (maybe Chris Moody or give Jasper Sasser a shot)

DE: Dixon, Harris, Turner
DT: Dukes, Griffin, Green
DT:Surratt, Lamin, Dixon Jr.
DE: Thomas, English,
WLB: Moore, Roberts, Cooper
MLB: Lewis, Holloman, Walton
SPUR: Golightly, Bryant, Diggs
CB: Christian, Martin
FS: Elder, Gurley
SS: Williams, Marcus
CB: McWilliams, Groves
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #28
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I look for Brison and Skai to be the vocal leaders. They have the experience, knowledge, and talent to guide everyone. It's asking a lot of Skai but damn if he didn't show that he could handle everything and then some this year.

And I think GDixon anchors our line.
I'm real excited to watch Dixon 44 next year.
He reminds me a smaller John Abraham.
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #29
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

Clowney. He sucked too bad this year to go pro.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #30
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I'm hoping he can just see the field.
LB now has turned into a position of great depth.

Granted, he has been hurt and recovering all year.

Only real concern is CB. It wouldn't surprise me if we move a safety to CB (maybe Chris Moody or give Jasper Sasser a shot)

DE: Dixon, Harris, Turner
DT: Dukes, Griffin, Green
DT:Surratt, Lamin, Dixon Jr.
DE: Thomas, English,
WLB: Moore, Roberts, Cooper
MLB: Lewis, Holloman, Walton
SPUR: Golightly, Bryant, Diggs
CB: Christian, Martin
FS: Elder, Gurley
SS: Williams, Marcus
CB: McWilliams, Groves
Pretty much my estimated depth chart here too.

I do expect David Johnson to be in the rotation at DE next year. Ward really likes him.

Also some expect Martin to leave the team. I wouldn't be shocked if Jamari moves back to CB.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #31
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I wouldn't be shocked to see Griffin push Dukes for that DT spot
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #32
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Who would've thought this after 3 games to start the year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #33
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post

I do expect David Johnson to be in the rotation at DE next year. Ward really likes him.

Also some expect Martin to leave the team. I wouldn't be shocked if Jamari moves back to CB.

I'm excited to see a guy like Jhaustin Thomas. 6'7" 275. 3rd in the nation on the JUCO level with 11.5 sacks. We desperately need him.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #34
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I would love to see the kind of off-season leadership and dedication we've had the last few years from people like Swearinger, Shaw, Quarles, and Hampton. They have helped younger players keep focus, develop physically, and buy-into the kind of work needed to develop their ability into the skill, power, technique, and speed needed to be successful at this level. Not all were outspoken, but they led by example and by showing the success that came from their relentless dedication off-season when many young men feel like goofing off.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post

We may have to move Jamari back for simple depth.
If we get Scott (and I think it is rumored Kendric Salley may leave) that would give us Davis, Williams, Wilds and Carson..five guys.

That isn't saying Smith couldn't move back...but that certainly a possibility.
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Looking at this it is further puzzling why we can't get a top-flight CB to commit.
Early playing time? Offered.
Chance to play for a league title? Bingo.

Not blaming the coaches, lord knows they are trying..just one of those odd things.
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Looking at this it is further puzzling why we can't get a top-flight CB to commit.
Early playing time? Offered.
Chance to play for a league title? Bingo.

Not blaming the coaches, lord knows they are trying..just one of those odd things.
It annoys me seeing Shaq Wiggins play for UGA on the TV. He was really high on us as a corner, and this season he was starting for the Bulldogs.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #38
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

I am not sold on Christian or Golightly. They both had moments of greatness but for the most part Golightly was lost in obscurity and Christian was way too noticeable in a bad way. Maybe I've been spoiled by our past Spurs, but our defense clicks when there is a spur making plays. I know they both hold seniority and they both have experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if both get passed on the depth chart by a younger guy whose light comes on during the spring practices.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #39
bobbycock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

I hope our strength and conditioning coach does a great job in the off-season especially with English. He needs to muscle up and gain about 35lbs. Opposing offensive lines pushed him around a lot this year.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #40
Jmansour333
Walk On

Male

Jmansour333 has feathers coming inJmansour333 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
It annoys me seeing Shaq Wiggins play for UGA on the TV. He was really high on us as a corner, and this season he was starting for the Bulldogs.
Yeah, but he sucked- and Langley too. I'm glad they didn't come here.
Jmansour333 is offline   Reply With Quote