CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
RGHoskins
ccured
sporkgod50
b381l
robgusc76
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
MountainCock
Spurrier_Superior_On
Mangus now coaching (1539)
Can Tennessee get to (1087)
2 Crazy things (661)
ESPN Article on HBC (656)
Chick Redefines the (636)
Spread vs. aTm (598)
Lindy's top 100 for (557)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (550)
The Bama series (456)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (454)
2001 vs Sandstorm
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Auden Tate
2016 - Issac Nauta
Mangus now coaching TEs
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Old 11-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #141
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc
Default Re: Playstation 4

Sony needs to sell more ps4s than Microsoft needs to sell xboxs. The company as a whole needs it
Old 11-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #142
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

1 yr Playstation plus memberships will be on Sale tomorrow (today for some) for $29.99

Amazon, Bestbuy, Walmart, Gamestop, Toys R Us.

Amazon starts at 3AM.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #143
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceatusc View Post
Sony needs to sell more ps4s than Microsoft needs to sell xboxs. The company as a whole needs it

Not sure about that. I think the company is finacially sound with other revenues. The reason I say that is because Sony only priced the PS4 $18 above production costs.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/cu...ake-2D11624199

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #144
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Digital Foundry just posted that the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 displays 56% more pixels on the screen and typically runs at 10 frames-per-second higher than the Xbone version (so clearer and smoother). This wouldn't be a big deal if the PS4 weren't 100 dollars cheaper.

The PS4 launched with over 1 million units sold in NA in the first 24 hours. It's just launching in 28 other countries today. Expect even higher numbers in the first 24 hours of today's launch.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #145
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
Digital Foundry just posted that the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 displays 56% more pixels on the screen and typically runs at 10 frames-per-second higher than the Xbone version (so clearer and smoother).

is any human capable of telling the difference between the X1 and PS4 versions of the game while taking enemy fire from three different directions on any given flag?

<i'll hang up and listen>

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #146
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Not sure about that. I think the company is finacially sound with other revenues. The reason I say that is because Sony only priced the PS4 $18 above production costs.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/cu...ake-2D11624199
They are not really financially sound, they have been cutting tons of jobs the past couple of years and they have already had an Operating loss of $200 million for the last quarter for the gaming department. All the money that they are making now is just make up.

Quote:
Sony decreased the full-year net profit to 30 billion yen ($305 million) down from its last estimate of 50 billion yen ($509 million). The company expects to take an unspecified loss on PlayStation 4 systems when the hardware launches next month, according to senior vice president Masayasu Ito, but will quickly regain ground on the sale of games and PlayStation Plus subscriptions.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/31/50...sales-increase

They aren't even going to make large gains on this system. I don't want to get into any fanboy stuff..but yes Sony needs to sell a ton of systems and a ton of PS+ memberships and games...the company needs it...the industry needs it..Xbox gamers need it.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #147
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

it's a good thing if both systems do well.

both systems will do well.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #148
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Looks like Europe's sales are gonna be huge from early reports. Not unexpected, though. It's the most powerful console and is less expensive at that. Plus Sony's first party games are great. Can't wait for PS4 Uncharted.

PS4 hype:

Old 11-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #149
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm leaning towards ps4 if I can get a couple friends to switch over. My only gripe is how crappy PSN is and the button layout on a xbox controller is just more natural.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #150
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I'm leaning towards ps4 if I can get a couple friends to switch over. My only gripe is how crappy PSN is and the button layout on a xbox controller is just more natural.
if i had to put money on it, i'd say that LIVE will continue to be the better experience overall; however, i'm also betting that the gap will close a bit now that PSN is a pay service.

completely agree on the controller...i know it's a matter of preference, but for the genre i play the most (FPS's), i couldn't stand to switch to the dual shock controller. offset sticks are just better suited to that particular game type.

good luck getting your friends to switch...you could always use some of that $100 price difference and try bribing them. ;)

EDIT: i should also note that i got my hands on a ps4 controller recently...the xbox controller is still superior IMO, but that things feels A LOT better than previous playstation controllers.

Last edited by diehardgamecock; 11-30-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: reoijl;kambvoajg
Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #151
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

PS4 Tops 2.1 million units sold from release in 3 countries.

Quote:
Earlier today, Sony revealed it has now sold over 2.1 million PS4s as of December 1st, of which 700,000 came from Europe and Australia after two days of availability.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/3/51...-zombies-hours

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #152
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
PS4 Tops 2.1 million units sold from release in 3 countries.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/3/51...-zombies-hours
They will still be fulfilling per-orders well into next year. It's amazing, because you typically have trade-offs in this world. With the PS4, however, you're getting the most powerful console with the most stable GUI AND it is the less expensive choice. You don't see that very often.

I mean, look at at CoD: Ghosts (and AC IV, AND Battlefield 4, AND most other games out). You're paying less for the PS4 AND you get the better performance. It does really suck to be an Xbone owner. Paying more for inferior games.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #153
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

jesus christ.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #154
Mr. Belvedere
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talons

Buncha xbone losers.... just look at that undoctored and completely accurate picture.
Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #155
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
PSN is just as legit as Live is now, has all the same features that i know of, maybe there are a few missing but nothing i care about

have played a good bit of madden online on ps4, and i have not had ANY lag or d/c yet, and if you know how bad ps3 madden ea servers were then you know how amazing this is
Old 12-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #156
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
have played a good bit of madden online on ps4, and i have not had ANY lag or d/c yet, and if you know how bad ps3 madden ea servers were then you know how amazing this is

have the cheesers made their way to next-gen yet? lol.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #157
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Belvedere View Post
Buncha xbone losers.... just look at that undoctored and completely accurate picture.
http://kotaku.com/why-it-matters-tha...-th-1475165066

Also Digital Foundry on Eurogamer.net.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #158
Mr. Belvedere
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talons

i Just peepeed in a cup
Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #159
unccgamecock
Walk On

Male

unccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his clawsunccgamecock is sharpening his claws

lol wom you're an idiot.. i literally bought two ps4's and flipped them both to buy an xbox. you genuinely cannot see the difference in gameplay if you ACTUALLY put the consoles side by side and not some stupid computer image.

both are great systems. idk why people get so bent out of shape about which one is better

i don't ever call out anyone on boards but "xbone" and "xboners" is ridiculously immature.
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #160
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
lol wom you're an idiot.. i literally bought two ps4's and flipped them both to buy an xbox. you genuinely cannot see the difference in gameplay if you ACTUALLY put the consoles side by side and not some stupid computer image.

both are great systems. idk why people get so bent out of shape about which one is better

i don't ever call out anyone on boards but "xbone" and "xboners" is ridiculously immature.

boom goes the dynamite.