CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
usc1
Gyle41386
Ole Miss Projected R (590)
Sunday college footb (534)
So who was the dude (514)
Early Pre-Season wom (509)
Kentucky Inmate Star (506)
Acock reviews the SE (481)
Tennessee hires Donn (447)
Get the SEC Network (447)
2001 vs Sandstorm (394)
Does anyone have a l (265)
HTC One 2 (M8)
2001 vs Sandstorm
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
Name a Gamecock
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Victor Hampton Arrested
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Nyheim Hines
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 12-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit
Default Re: Cotton Bowl... No thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Cotton Bowl is not going to take us because we won't have 10,000 people there. Longest trip and the tickets start at like $150

Tim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #42
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

The outcome of the bowl game this year really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If we win, great. If we lose, it was still a really good season. So bring on the best opponent.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #43
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I did not expect ever to hear that Baylor was too scary for us...

I know they have a great offense but I expect we would get them out of rhythm, collect a few turnovers, and control the clock. In the end we win by ten or more. I would expect them to score a td on their first possession though.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #44
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Baylor's fans don't know how to make noise.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #45
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I'm pulling against Cotton but only for the fact that I could attend the Capital One.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #46
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
The allotment is 12,500 per team. I would be surprised if we didn't sell all of those and send a few more thousand fans.
Our fan's ability/desire to travel is an Urban Myth.

Dallas is 2000 miles round trip from Columbia.

We've got people on this board that don't even travel to home games from Lexington County.

If we take 12,500 people, that would be like taking 25% of our season ticket holders...which ain't gonna happen.

I hope, for the team's sake, we get the Cotton Bowl. But my selfish choice would be to see us beat the ba-jesus out of Duke at the CFA bowl.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #47
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

I read on here where someone said central Florida is the Vacation Capital of the world. While it may be branded as that, look at the "costs" of going to any place I'm Florida. It's highway robbery. While Florida no doubt has plenty of places to offer, Dallas has it's share of places to check out too.

For anyone that's never been to the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, there is the Fort Worth Stock Yards - google it if you don't know. I would personally rather go "vacation" here and see some real Texas girls than some skanks and thugs in Ybor City.

As for someone cringing at playing Baylor, are you kidding me? They are more gimmicky than Clemson. Look what they did against a half decent opponent in Ok State, they laid a fat ass goose egg.

I have friends in Austin that are huge UT fans and would love nothing more than to take on any of the "premier" teams from the Big 12.

Whoever thinks we won't have 10k people needs to get a grip. What would've happened had we made it to Glendale Az for the BCSNCG in 2010?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #48
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

It seems the overwhelming majority of fanbase is on board with Dallas. It's just the loud minority here doesn't want it or they are being selfish. Look I get it if you don't want us to go to Dallas because you would rather us matchup with a Big Ten team or if you already have some set in stone plans for the night that the Cotton Bowl is played. I get that. However, if you are mad because it will cost more or you don't care for Dallas, then you are being a selfish little brat. The same people who complained about us not being able to compete in the SEC but got sand in their spoiled rotten vaginas because ticket prices had to be raised.

Yeah I'd love for the games to be played in my backyard so I could see them for free too, but guess what? Shit's not happening. If you really are a Carolina fan, then put the program first. If that means you have to dig a little deeper in your wallet to see us play in person or if that means you have to stay your ass at home (like I'm doing), then so be it.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #49
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 230
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Absolutely ZERO desire to go to Dallas. It's freezing cold there that time of year, not nearly as much to do as Tampa or Orlando and its a loooonnngggg ass way.

ultimatetailgater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #50
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post
I read on here where someone said central Florida is the Vacation Capital of the world. While it may be branded as that, look at the "costs" of going to any place I'm Florida. It's highway robbery. While Florida no doubt has plenty of places to offer, Dallas has it's share of places to check out too.

For anyone that's never been to the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, there is the Fort Worth Stock Yards - google it if you don't know. I would personally rather go "vacation" here and see some real Texas girls than some skanks and thugs in Ybor City.

As for someone cringing at playing Baylor, are you kidding me? They are more gimmicky than Clemson. Look what they did against a half decent opponent in Ok State, they laid a fat ass goose egg.

I have friends in Austin that are huge UT fans and would love nothing more than to take on any of the "premier" teams from the Big 12.

Whoever thinks we won't have 10k people needs to get a grip. What would've happened had we made it to Glendale Az for the BCSNCG in 2010?

For the bold: Baylor is a much better team than Clemson. They have had injury after injury this year and it all culminated in that lose at Oklahoma State. Seriously, no team was going to go to Stillwater and win with those many starters and contributors out.

As for the underlined, bingo. Hell the BCSNCG is played in Dallas next year. If we make the playoffs and then make the national title game, will we still have to deal with this? If you want to be one of the big boys, you have to be willing to play anyone, anywhere, anytime. We don't have the national recognition of Alabama or Notre Dame where we can say no thanks to things and still get called a premiere program. We need to take these opportunities and show what the hell we are about in them. Going down to the Capital One Bowl and doing something we've already down before isn't going to make a statement for our program. Going to Dallas and beating Baylor (one of the hottest programs in the nation right now) or Oklahoma/Texas (two of the most prestigious programs in NCAA history) in their backyard will raise our profile even more.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #51
McLovin
Recruit

Male

McLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his combMcLovin is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to McLovin

I would much rather have the opportunity to win a premier bowl like the Cotton than go to effin' Space Mountain or Ybor City for the upteenth time.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #52
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Absolutely ZERO desire to go to Dallas. It's freezing cold there that time of year, not nearly as much to do as Tampa or Orlando and its a loooonnngggg ass way.
This guy has obviously never been to Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
For the bold: Baylor is a much better team than Clemson. They have had injury after injury this year and it all culminated in that lose at Oklahoma State. Seriously, no team was going to go to Stillwater and win with those many starters and contributors out.

As for the underlined, bingo. Hell the BCSNCG is played in Dallas next year. If we make the playoffs and then make the national title game, will we still have to deal with this? If you want to be one of the big boys, you have to be willing to play anyone, anywhere, anytime. We don't have the national recognition of Alabama or Notre Dame where we can say no thanks to things and still get called a premiere program. We need to take these opportunities and show what the hell we are about in them. Going down to the Capital One Bowl and doing something we've already down before isn't going to make a statement for our program. Going to Dallas and beating Baylor (one of the hottest programs in the nation right now) or Oklahoma/Texas (two of the most prestigious programs in NCAA history) in their backyard will raise our profile even more.
I know Baylor is good, maybe I let my emotions get to me a little with that statement. Point being we have so many people on this message board that "doesn't wanna travel bc of financial reasons" I get that. I really do. I budget throughout the year for stuff like this and it's usually my "winter vacation" so it's not as big of a deal to me.

What I have an issue with is, more than half the regular posters on here don't go to the games anyway. Look back during game threads, their posting on here. A lot of People on here don't realize how much money a lot of damn people throw at the University and a trip to Dallas isn't going to break the bank for them.

If some of these fans want to a top 5 program they are gonna have to realize were not going to get there playing every year in the Baldwin Bowl or the Outback Bowl at Raymond James.

And also for the folks that's never been, I would rather take my family in a heartbeat to Dallas before Tampa. You get off that main st in Ybor and shit gets sketchy quick.

You can get a direct flight from Columbia to Dallas on American Eagle every day of the week.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #54
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I would much rather have the opportunity to win a premier bowl like the Cotton than go to effin' Space Mountain or Ybor City for the upteenth time.
We've been to the Citrus bowl one time. I'm happy with either because I probably won't be able to make the trip because of my work schedule and holiday travels. Personally the cotton bowl would work better for me because I will be in an airport at lunch time on NYD and can watch prime time on Friday, but I just think we will get better attendance from the fans in Orlando or Atlanta. (I get not wanting Tampa, even though I've never gotten to make the trip.)

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #55
jrussjr
4-Star

Male

jrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his comb

Quote:
If some of these fans want to a top 5 program they are gonna have to realize were not going to get there playing every year in the Baldwin Bowl or the Outback Bowl at Raymond James.

jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #56
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
I know Baylor is good, maybe I let my emotions get to me a little with that statement. Point being we have so many people on this message board that "doesn't wanna travel bc of financial reasons" I get that. I really do. I budget throughout the year for stuff like this and it's usually my "winter vacation" so it's not as big of a deal to me.

What I have an issue with is, more than half the regular posters on here don't go to the games anyway. Look back during game threads, their posting on here. A lot of People on here don't realize how much money a lot of damn people throw at the University and a trip to Dallas isn't going to break the bank for them.

And also for the folks that's never been, I would rather take my family in a heartbeat to Dallas before Tampa. You get off that main st in Ybor and shit gets sketchy quick.

You can get a direct flight from Columbia to Dallas on American Eagle every day of the week.

grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #57
Chickenfan
Walk On

Female

Chickenfan has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I said it once and I'll say it again, cotton is too much of a risk- especially on their part.
Risk? what do you want a cupcake? thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard...we will play anyone in the country...you are nuts!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #58
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Not if it means we have to face the Baylor Bears. As projected here:
http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2013/1...lina-texas-a-m

1. It would essentially be a home game for them
2. That offense is half way good at getting into the endzone.
LMAO. We would spank Baylor. Clemson part 2 with lesser athletes.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #59
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenfan View Post
Risk? what do you want a cupcake? thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard...we will play anyone in the country...you are nuts!
I guess some people think were Northern Illinois or Wake Forest or The University of South Carolina A&M State at Gaston. Or hell for that matter the SCLSU Muddogs.

Someone else has a thread saying that this year we had overall the Number 2 total Fan Attendance in the SEC. Hello, did you folks here that? Number 2! In the best conference in the nation.

I shouldn't say this but, I can't resist. Some fans really do have "coot logic".......

Old 12-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #60
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

It never changes. Same old Gamecock mentality. I don't want to play such and such team because we might lose. Are you kidding me? What kind of crap attitude is that!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote