CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
ReadR00ster
Gyle41386
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
markp_vip
4gamecockfb
Lalli25
Thenardier
OscarTheGrouch
Women's bb - Deshiel (651)
Hope Springs Eternal (579)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (496)
Byron the bunny...fe (404)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
How to cut the musta (270)
The #AskEmmert Q& (200)
Shameless self promo (181)
The Kentucky Bourbon (148)
Larenz Bryant update?
Connor Mitch
Victor Hampton Arrested
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Name a Gamecock
UK's Whitlow to transfer
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Joeckel Transfering from
How to cut the mustard

Old 12-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #41
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Stadium improvements during off season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
They need to build tunnels under the street so no traffic has to be stopped for people to walk over to the stadium. I thought I heard they might do that at some point.
Or they could use common sense and just build walkways over the street...
Old 12-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #42
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
The Farmers Market was for the budget not the fans. That is a tremendous revenue generator for the program. The video board also has allowed for more advertising revenue so both projects are money makers. There is no financial benefit for the area around the stadium which makes it easy to ignore.
Very good point.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #43
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
You do realize that the athletic department recently finished two large upgrades that were specifically for the fans, right? Video board and the Farmer's Market...
No. Those were for $$$$.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #44
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPitN00k rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k

Actually Ray Tanner said the other day in an interview that during this offseason they will be building the new practice facility and 2 new practice fields behind the farmer's market.
The skirt around the stadium will take place next off season. Parking lot removed, bricked, landscaped and fences around the block. Tickets will be taken at gates of the fence and not at the actual stadium. It's going to be real nice.

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I just think it's stupid to not do both projects at the same time. We did the farmers market and video board in the same year.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #46
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I just think it's stupid to not do both projects at the same time. We did the farmers market and video board in the same year.
That's true, it's not like the SEC money is going anywhere for a while so you may as well get all your projects done at once. If anything construction costs and loan rates will be lower in this economy as opposed to a couple of years from now.

It was interesting to see these other teams around the SEC start adding to their stadiums. Huge cranes towering over the stadiums from the sky view the past couple weeks. Business is boomin' for the SEC
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #47
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00k View Post
Actually Ray Tanner said the other day in an interview that during this offseason they will be building the new practice facility and 2 new practice fields behind the farmer's market.
The skirt around the stadium will take place next off season. Parking lot removed, bricked, landscaped and fences around the block. Tickets will be taken at gates of the fence and not at the actual stadium. It's going to be real nice.
So you won't be able to walk around the stadium without having your game ticket scanned? That won't go over well, especially with folks trying to get to the Cockabooses, Gamecock Walk, etc.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #48
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
So you won't be able to walk around the stadium without having your game ticket scanned? That won't go over well, especially with folks trying to get to the Cockabooses, Gamecock Walk, etc.
Why would you have to go through the gates to get to the gamecock walk in the farmers market? Not sure how they are handling the cockabooses.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #49
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Why would you have to go through the gates to get to the gamecock walk in the farmers market? Not sure how they are handling the cockabooses.
Because the Gamecock Walk goes all the way to the locker room entrance. We go to that end because it's easier to get to the front for Little Man.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #50
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I'm sure they'll figure it out. No way they fence in the farmers market or the cockabooses.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #51
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous

You want a stadium improvement? How about sh#tcan the incompetent folks who man the concessions stands. Jeez! What an embarrassment to the university.
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #52
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801Green View Post
You want a stadium improvement? How about sh#tcan the incompetent folks who man the concessions stands. Jeez! What an embarrassment to the university.
The HS kids?
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #53
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous

HS as in high school? I don't know who any of them are. All I know is that we have the most poorly run concessions stands of any major sporting venue I have ever been to. I'm told that each stand is staffed by a volunteer group, but until something is done about it, the lines will be ridiculously slow and the food will run out early.

Somebody in stadium operations has to fix this right away, and contract this out, for the sake of the fans. It really is disgraceful.
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #54
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Our concessions are horrible. From food choices, staffing, and operations they have more in common with high schools than big time NCAA programs. They're horrible.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #55
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I've seen several times where people are saying there will be a fence around the stadium, with tickets being scanned there. Does this mean you will be able to go 'outside' the stadium, and smoke? Or no smoking inside the fenced area?

Also, I drove by Carolina Walk this afternoon, there was no equipment being moved/setup. Didn't look like anything has started yet, still plenty of portajohn's out there. Also - will it be the back of Carolina Walk as it is now, as in, some parking spots will be lost? Or will it be the area behind Carolina Walk, where currently there is a slope down to a vacant lot?
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #56
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudly

Not sure how I feel about the greening around the stadium. Trees just look so out of place. I love the palmetto trees lining around the stadium.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #57
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801Green View Post
HS as in high school? I don't know who any of them are. All I know is that we have the most poorly run concessions stands of any major sporting venue I have ever been to. I'm told that each stand is staffed by a volunteer group, but until something is done about it, the lines will be ridiculously slow and the food will run out early.

Somebody in stadium operations has to fix this right away, and contract this out, for the sake of the fans. It really is disgraceful.
From the way I heard it. It is a different volunteer group every week, using it as fund-raiser for their non-profit organizations. So essentially you have just ordinary folks doing this about once a year. And that is why it's always a cluster.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #58
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Stadium improvements during off season?

From the drawings I've seen the Cock-A-Boose is fenced in as well.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #59
robertfootball
Walk On

Male

robertfootball has feathers coming inrobertfootball has feathers coming in

Yeah the concessions stink to high Heaven and back! I left with a minute to go before halftime and the line was already crazy long! I didn't get back to my seat until 13:00 left in the 3rd quarter Stood in line that long for two drinks and an ice cold hot dog. I mean ice cold! They even ran out of hot chocolate, and a bunch of other stuff.

I'd also like to see us get new grass. Anyone know how long the current playing surface has been used? Has to be awhile now. I noticed there was a discolored patch from about the 50 almost all the way to the 10 yard line.
robertfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #60
YNOTUSC
Walk On

Male

YNOTUSC has hatched from the shell

Concessions and restrooms are embarrassingly sub standard. If they do not want to cut out the charities why not have a portion of revenues generated donated to said charities as a condition in the bid process. As for the 30 min plus wait I experienced to use the restroom at the Florida game, couldn't they bring in extra porta johns and place them in strategic locations until they can renovate.