CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
MWard
ertman420
usc90grad
Cunningham wants to (1207)
ESPN article on Clow (863)
Clemson Georgia Game (702)
New Led Zep releases (158)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (157)
Truly Inspiring (156)
2014 garnet and blac (100)
Chick Redefines the (80)
The Bama series (39)
2 tickets for USC vs (12)
SEC Network "Take It
PS4 headset advice
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -

Old 12-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #61
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Cotton Bowl... No thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I did not expect ever to hear that Baylor was too scary for us...

I know they have a great offense but I expect we would get them out of rhythm, collect a few turnovers, and control the clock. In the end we win by ten or more. I would expect them to score a td on their first possession though.
Not if they throw a screen to their WR, who then throws a deep ball towards the endzone.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #62
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Not if it means we have to face the Baylor Bears. As projected here:
http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2013/1...lina-texas-a-m

1. It would essentially be a home game for them
2. That offense is half way good at getting into the endzone.
I'm hoping we don't go to a bowl game. I would rather our team finish 10-2 than 10-3. *sarcasm*
Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #63
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Absolutely ZERO desire to go to Dallas. It's freezing cold there that time of year, not nearly as much to do as Tampa or Orlando and its a loooonnngggg ass way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I said it once and I'll say it again, cotton is too much of a risk- especially on their part.
Here's a visual of what I thought when I read these...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #64
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Spurrier wants to go there, that's good enough for me. There would be something novel about the Cotton Bowl. A bowl game an SEC Eastern Division team rarely ever gets to go to. A chance to win a Cotton Bowl would be more interesting than trying to win the Capital One Bowl or Outback Bowl again.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #65
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

If you guys want to go to another boring stadium to see a boring game against a boring opponent from a boring conference on a boring network, be my guest. Say hey to Mickie Mouse while you're there.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #66
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Cotton over everything.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #67
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

We are seriously griping about the bowl game we are getting coming off of a 10-2 season. Capital One or Cotton doesn't matter. Both are good bowl games and will both be played against quality football teams.

Also, for those of you griping about a "boring" opponent...I seem to recall a "boring" UCONN team beating our tail in Birmingham a few years ago.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #68
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

You guys are aware that we beat two high powered offenses this year, right? First #5 Mizzou on their own turf... and we just whipped up on #6 Clemson... Why would we fear a high ranked Big 12 opponent with a high powered offense? They would have to stop our offense in order to get on the field, and I don't see that going so well for them
Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #69
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

The point of the original post is this:

This bowl game won't bring any kind of championship to our season. What it does provide it the opportunity to set us up well for next year.

If we play in a bowl against a lesser opponent, destroy them, and take our trophy and increased ranking into the offseason. We will be in very good shape for recruiting and for preseason press/rankings.

If we play Baylor, regardless of the bravado some of you possess, we could lose out on all of that.

Give me the guarantee of a top ten finish, a trophy, and solid press for the next few months over the lack there of any day.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #70
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I think this is the direction the Cotton Bowl would go for. A Spurrier vs Stoops or Brown would be a draw. USC vs Bay would not get much national attention.
A game against UT in the Cotton Bowl would be cool. We could call it the Battle of the Mike Davis' Bowl.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #71
KingCock
4-Star

Male

KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to KingCock Send a message via Yahoo to KingCock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Absolutely ZERO desire to go to Dallas. It's freezing cold there that time of year, not nearly as much to do as Tampa or Orlando and its a loooonnngggg ass way.
LOL the weather is virtually identical to the weather in SC. I live here. It also is a great city with tons of things to do. I really like the state of Florida, but neither of those cities has anything on Dallas besides having Disney and Universal in Orlando.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #72
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Anyteam, Anytime, Any dang where
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #73
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
A game against UT in the Cotton Bowl would be cool. We could call it the Battle of the Mike Davis' Bowl.
Could also be Oklahoma.

Give me a game against Oklahoma over a game against any B1G team ANY DAY.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #74
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

I want to go to the Cotton Bowl.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #75
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCock View Post
LOL the weather is virtually identical to the weather in SC. I live here. It also is a great city with tons of things to do. I really like the state of Florida, but neither of those cities has anything on Dallas besides having Disney and Universal in Orlando.
Please explain the stockyards and other fun things to do in Dallas. Most people on here are blinded by the Mouse in Central Florida and hey don't realize how much their is to do in Dallas.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #76
KingCock
4-Star

Male

KingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming inKingCock has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to KingCock Send a message via Yahoo to KingCock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post
Please explain the stockyards and other fun things to do in Dallas. Most people on here are blinded by the Mouse in Central Florida and hey don't realize how much their is to do in Dallas.

The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is a big area, but main points of interest are the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth which are roughly half an hour distance apart. Dallas has some of the best shopping and dining in the entire country.

Dallas has a more metropolitan vibe. There is a great night life. I live on McKinney avenue which is a main entertainment district with tons of bars and restaurants. There is a great aquarium/zoo here, art and science museums, malls, etc. The JFK museum in the old book depository is very interesting. You could catch a Stars or Mavs game at that time of the year if you are into pro hockey or basketball.

Fort Worth is where the western "cowboy" vibe is at. The stockyards are a lot of fun and great for families and also nightlife. There are rodeos, animals, shopping, bars/restaurants, and museums.

In Arlington where the game is played you have Six Flags over Texas for those that want to do the theme park thing. I highly recommend taking a tour of Jerry's world for any NFL fans. You can bring a football and throw it around on the field or kick field goals too. It is a pretty impressive stadium.

In Grapevine there is a vintage railroad that is fun for kids. There really is always some kind of entertainment or events going on in DFW.

I think Florida is great too. My dad lives in Orlando so I have spent plenty of time there as well and around Tampa too. The only thing I like better about Florida is having access to the beaches and of course Mickey Mouse if you are into that.

Last edited by KingCock; 12-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.
KingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #77
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacocky View Post
Cotton Bowl in Dallas is fine... I'd watch it on TV.
Cap One in Orlando is fine... I'd see it in person like last time.
ill rhyming skillz
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #78
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Cotton Bowl one time!!! Only about a 5 drive for me.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #79
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

if we wanted Bama, then we certainly want Baylor. Good lord don't be a bunch of fairies. We can play with anyone. There is a reason there is a #8 next to our name.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #80
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

I hope Cotton! I'm driving up and tailgating for sure.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote