CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
gamecock88
uscgmck
GamecockInHell
HelleraisingCock
3MTA3
Latti
JerseyBird
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
response from charter abo
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Kelcy and Vic questioned
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Jameis Winston's Accuser

Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #21
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Battlefield 4

Once again, if anyone wants to join me on the PC, let me have your Origin ID. I play nightly and on weekends
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #22
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
Once again, if anyone wants to join me on the PC, let me have your Origin ID. I play nightly and on weekends
we play nightly on the X1.

my god, this game is gorgeous.

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

I have 360 wanting someone to play with
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #24
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

i love BF4 and even with its numerous issues, it's still the best FPS i've ever played. by far.

that said.....they need to fix the damn issues. this is a good thing IMO. it means a longer wait between DLC packs, but they really do need to get everything working 100% ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS (yes, even last-gen which, unfortunately for those gamers, will probably be last in line ) before they move on.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/4/517...d-4-expansions

Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

DICE halts development of all future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 issues

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/04/di...ield-4-issues/

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #26
usc52
Workaholic

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
DICE halts development of all future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 issues

I'm on ps3 and the bugs are ridiculous. Everytime I'm having a good game the damn thing crashes.pisses me off
usc52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #27
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Origin ID - Tymplar.

Battlefield player from the 1942 days (i.e. before all the CoD fanbois jumped over).

Console FPS gamers make me lulz.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #28
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

i think i read that somewhere...

;)

Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #29
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc52 View Post
I'm on ps3 and the bugs are ridiculous. Everytime I'm having a good game the damn thing crashes.pisses me off

that sucks. i've heard it's pretty bad on the ps4 as well. and apparently on the xbox360 version the china rising DLC is absolutely unplayable...it won't load the maps.

i think it's pretty clear that they rushed the product to try and beat CoD to market, which is pretty dumb because for one thing, the fan bases are completely different (i'm talking core base, not FPS fans in general).

all that said though.....when it works, BF4 is amazing. i'm just thankful that the X1 version is way more stable than the 360 version was.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #30
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Console FPS gamers make me lulz.

yawn.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #31
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

looks like they went ahead and pushed a small patch through on the ps4...that's good...constant crashes are no fun.

they also fixed the one-shot kill bug. another good thing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_..._update_dec_5/

Old 12-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #32
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

This game makes my head hurt...
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #33
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
This game makes my head hurt...
I had a little bit of trouble adjusting to the buttery smooth 60fps at first....messed with my eyes a bit. I'm used to it now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #34
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

PSA for the 360 users out there...

apparently there was a gameplay patch released yesterday, but it's not showing up when the game launches and it's hard to find in the store. here's a direct link to the xbox marketplace page...got this from reddit:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...d-257c245e3637

Old 12-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #35
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Well, I took apart the 360 to clean my lens and the "open disc" error is gone. Unfortunately I have come to realize my BF3 disc has a scratch that keeps it from playing or installing. I've tried just about every trick I can find on youtube to remove a scratch from a DVD, but nada.

Anyone know if GameStop can repair a scratched DVD? It's a small scratch...I'm really surprised it won't read.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #36
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post

Millertime5263 add me on X1
Old 12-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #37
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Well, I took apart the 360 to clean my lens and the "open disc" error is gone. Unfortunately I have come to realize my BF3 disc has a scratch that keeps it from playing or installing. I've tried just about every trick I can find on youtube to remove a scratch from a DVD, but nada.

Anyone know if GameStop can repair a scratched DVD? It's a small scratch...I'm really surprised it won't read.
Normally the scratch isn't the major point, it's how deep it is. Most 360 games I've found with scratches are on the putter portion of the disc and won't play online.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #38
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001179
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post

Something I've noticed is that the Xbone Look sensitivity is touchy as crap. I started it out on what I play with it at on 360 and was firing rounds all over the freaking place (I think I had it at like 20 or so).

I've had to set it to like 13 for me to be able to be accurate. But then that makes my turning slow motion.

Not sure if its me having to adjust myself to an increased frame-rate, or if developer just calibrated the sensitivity differently on the Xbone version.

Last edited by bmccall; 12-10-2013 at 02:09 PM.
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #39
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001179
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Guess its just me lol
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #40
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccall View Post
Something I've noticed is that the Xbone Look sensitivity is touchy as crap. I started it out on what I play with it at on 360 and was firing rounds all over the freaking place (I think I had it at like 20 or so).

I've had to set it to like 13 for me to be able to be accurate. But then that makes my turning slow motion.

Not sure if its me having to adjust myself to an increased frame-rate, or if developer just calibrated the sensitivity differently on the Xbone version.

i typically don't touch the sensitivity...i just roll with default and try to get used to it.

but i'm getting old...reflexes ain't what they used to be...i need it to be on slow motion turning or i'm all over the dang place. lol.