CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
RGHoskins
Dizzy01
ReadR00ster
Cockhornleghorn
Rebel4ever
TAFC 5 1981
OscarTheGrouch
Victor Hampton Arres (2271)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (1884)
how has more ESPN an (1146)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (884)
Gamecock Legacy recr (661)
Attendance next seas (479)
Clemson's At It Agai (450)
Women's bb - Deshiel (392)
$15 home AC (306)
22 ways to annoy peo (284)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
how has more ESPN anounce
Clemson's At It Again
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
One thing I was glad to s
Ahmed Hill (2014 Propsect
Connor Mitch
I got robbed in broad day
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Truth or urban myth-Clemson vs SC?

I meant to bring this up last week but forgot.

When I was young, my dad told me a story that back when the game was still Big Thursday, I would guess early to mid 50's, that the rivalry game became so heated that the bathrooms had to be segregated Gamecocks and Tigers, to prevent fighting. Both men and women!

My dad said they would go in the bathrooms and beat the hell out of each other, so they had to divide the bathrooms and put police outside. My uncle told me the same story many years later. I have never heard this story before, anyone else?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Re: Truth or urban myth-Clemson vs SC?

That's terrible. Rivalries are meant to be fun. Not to physically harm someone.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

Reminds me of the South Park episode with Randy fighting at the Cows baseball games.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
jonick
4-Star

Male

jonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudlyjonick is crowing loudly

There was brass knuckles and duels or such maybe...early in the series--1800 early 19's....but in the post WWII era don't think I've heard of this on a large scale as indicated...however the overall record in the post-war modern era is 29 for Carolina and 37 for Clemson..as you can see theres not that much of a diffence and most of the games have been competitive.
jonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
St. Louis Gamecock
Walk On

Male

St. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spursSt. Louis Gamecock has earned his spurs

Speaking of bathrooms . . .

When I attended a game back in the 70s, I stayed with some friends in the Towers dorms (remember them?). There was a sign posed above the urinal in the men’s restroom:

‘Please Flush After Each Use; This Is Not Clemson’

St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
JRob
Retired Rugger

Male

CockyCash: 100500
JRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to JRob Send a message via Yahoo to JRob

In 1902 there was a riot that resulted in the game being suspended for 7 years

JRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
cjssax
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1000
cjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Reminds me of the South Park episode with Randy fighting at the Cows baseball games.
LMAO!!!! "What you wanna do?"

cjssax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 750500
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjssax View Post
LMAO!!!! "What you wanna do?"
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote