CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
Gyle41386
**USC vs. Davidson G (4672)
SEC Network "Ta (1492)
Sunday college footb (485)
Early Pre-Season wom (470)
So who was the dude (447)
Ole Miss Projected R (446)
Acock reviews the SE (433)
Kentucky Inmate Star (419)
Get the SEC Network (416)
Tennessee hires Donn (400)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Does anyone have a link t
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
FACIAL
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 12-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #361
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Famous Jameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
WOW, so in your mind if you steal just a little it is OK? If every person who walked into a BK took a courtesy sip instead of paying the $1 for a soda, he did not take a courtesy, since he paid for nothing, he stole condiment cups and drank soda from them....Stealing is stealing and to throw in he laughed at the person who asked him to stop goes a long way in showing character, to condone it and say the person who reported should be pistol whipped goes a long way in showing yours!
Not laughing at theft, just the fact that law enforcement was called because of this incident. Law enforcement is overburdened in most jurisdictions as it is....... They don't need to be running to fast food restaurants every time someone slips a couple of extra packets of ketchup in their bag.

Is it wrong to what he did? Yes. I just feel that the notification of law enforcement in the situation was frivolous. The cost of the cup and beverage to BK was probably less than 10 cents. How much taxpayer money was wasted (LEO time, fuel etc) and how much money did BK lose while their employees were meeting with LEOs and not performing the job duties they are being paid for. Granted, Winston was the cause of all this ....... But I think sometimes folks need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Once again, I am not condoning what Winston did and by my belief theft of anything is wrong.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #362
bobbycock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post
Not laughing at theft, just the fact that law enforcement was called because of this incident. Law enforcement is overburdened in most jurisdictions as it is....... They don't need to be running to fast food restaurants every time someone slips a couple of extra packets of ketchup in their bag.

Is it wrong to what he did? Yes. I just feel that the notification of law enforcement in the situation was frivolous. The cost of the cup and beverage to BK was probably less than 10 cents. How much taxpayer money was wasted (LEO time, fuel etc) and how much money did BK lose while their employees were meeting with LEOs and not performing the job duties they are being paid for. Granted, Winston was the cause of all this ....... But I think sometimes folks need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Once again, I am not condoning what Winston did and by my belief theft of anything is wrong.
Wrong is wrong...it is not a matter of doing a cost analysis to determine if it makes sense to call the police because of a theft. If someone siphoned a couple gallons from your gas tank would it be cost effective to call the police? Probably not but I bet you would call the police anyway. Like I said, it's about right and wrong.

Last edited by bobbycock; 12-04-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: edit sentence error
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #363
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

According to sources on Twitter:

Meggs will announce his decision tomorrow at 2pm.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #364
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post

Often police are called not because of the exact nature of the incident but because such behavior is irrationale and can easily escalate to more dangerous incidents. I look at the subject example as acting like hooligans. When they are asked to leave, and they just laugh, then they are inviting more aggressive behaviour to make them leave. Who knows what could happen? A manager makes a bad decision, or a patron gets tired of their crap and decides to do something about it.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #365
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

I was reading a bunch of stuff on another fan sight that said he sexually assaulted a girl when he was a juvenile.

I have nothing solid on it though, FWIW

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #366
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Wrong is wrong...it is not a matter of doing a cost analysis to determine if it makes sense to call the police because of a theft. If someone siphoned a couple gallons from your gas tank would it be cost effective to call the police? Probably not but I bet you would call the police anyway. Like I said, it's about right and wrong.
Actually it has happened to me and no I didn't call the police...... I promptly purchased a gas cap lock. I am not disputing the fact that what Winston did was wrong.

I was just raised that you don't call the Fire Department unless your house is on fire, you don't call an ambulance unless someone's not breathing or missing a limb and you don't call the Police unless some serious crap is going down.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #367
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

Default Famous Jameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
Often police are called not because of the exact nature of the incident but because such behavior is irrationale and can easily escalate to more dangerous incidents. I look at the subject example as acting like hooligans. When they are asked to leave, and they just laugh, then they are inviting more aggressive behaviour to make them leave. Who knows what could happen? A manager makes a bad decision, or a patron gets tired of their crap and decides to do something about it.
Agreed...... But this type of behavior occurs every Friday and Saturday night across the Country without law enforcement involvement. And it was happening nearly three decades ago when I was in high school. There are always some young kids who want to act a fool. Not condoning the behavior, just saying this is nothing new.

Theft against businesses hurt the honest consumer as business must increase prices to offset loss. But I think we need to remember that law enforcement is a finite resource. If we start calling the cops every time some kids show out McDonald's, take the soap and shampoo from a motel room or eat a couple of grapes prior to paying at WalMart..... All of which are wrong, We are going to be screaming "where are the cops?" When people are getting shot, raped and stabbed.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #368
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20450
Mechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post

So doesnt this mean they womt go forward? If they wanted to move on it I would think they would just arrest him.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #369
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

Default Famous Jameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
So doesnt this mean they womt go forward? If they wanted to move on it I would think they would just arrest him.
First, I want to apologize for high jacking this thread and turning it quasi political. Obviously others here have differing views on the BK incident and I can respect your opinions.

My issue with this whole fiasco is that if they finally do charge him, it means they (police, local court system folks) knowingly allowed an alleged sexual assault suspect walk the streets for nearly a year. This BS about "we are trying to figure out what we are going to do" is garbage. Granted, if charged he could make bail but as someone accused of a sex crime I am sure he would be subject to GPS tracking to at least safeguard the public somewhat.

In reference to the earlier poster stating the rumor of a previous sexual assault...... While his juvenile records would be sealed his DNA would still be in the National Database. If there was a previous incident, his DNA would have been matched and there would have been no need for a voluntary sample from Winston. That would cast some doubt on that rumor. BUT, that is assuming the police did their job...... which in this situation just might not be the case.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #370
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

If they were going to charge him, it doesn't make sense for them to say they are going to announce it tomorrow. Of course, very little about this whole case has made a lot of sense. I'm not an attorney, but even if the state of Florida decides they don't have enough evidence to charge him, I don't think that precludes the victim from bringing a civil case. And Winston may think it makes financial sense to settle with her out of court when his big payday comes after next year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #371
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his clawsUSCfootball is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If they were going to charge him, it doesn't make sense for them to say they are going to announce it tomorrow. Of course, very little about this whole case has made a lot of sense. I'm not an attorney, but even if the state of Florida decides they don't have enough evidence to charge him, I don't think that precludes the victim from bringing a civil case. And Winston may think it makes financial sense to settle with her out of court when his big payday comes after next year.
BINGO!!! and the real reason this happened comes out. She wants a payday.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #372
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Quote:
So doesn't this mean they wont go forward? If they wanted to move on it I would think they would just arrest him.
I agree about the announcement. Seems like he would have been arrested first, which he hasn't.

Lots of rumors going around. Only speculating, but I'm beginning to think she lied.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #373
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree about the announcement. Seems like he would have been arrested first, which he hasn't.

Lots of rumors going around. Only speculating, but I'm beginning to think she lied.
probably right......or at least his witness was more credible than her....
Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #374
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

Quote:

Or it could be, as with many high profile cases, the Prosecutor and the accused work out a time for the accused turn himself in. Usually that involves the accused being arrested, booked and then immediately taken for a bond hearing.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #375
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

SportsCenter just canceled their Ron Burgundy guest hosting thing for it. That was supposed to air at 6, press conference is at 2. Why would they plan for over 4 hours of straight coverage if he was innocent??
Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #376
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
SportsCenter just canceled their Ron Burgundy guest hosting thing for it. That was supposed to air at 6, press conference is at 2. Why would they plan for over 4 hours of straight coverage if he was innocent??
If Winston's lawyer doesn't know anything, then I doubt ESPN does either. They can do 4 hours on JW as a heisman candidate.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #377
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

He is walking..heck, i just read an article claiming the pc was late so he could practice. yep..walking
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #378
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Bah, was hoping they'd charge him, I hate FSU
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #379
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Bah, was hoping they'd charge him, I hate FSU
hating FSU is one thing, but putting a kid in jail for a crime he didn't commit is something else.....I wouldn't even wish that on Dabo....wait a minute, let me think about that.....nope, can't even put Dabo behind bars.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #380
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Girl: Oh so you're the guy everybody around campus is talking about? You're going to be the starting QB next year?
JW: Yup, should be a good year for us. If all goes well, I'll be in the NFL in a couple years.
Girl: Want to have sex?
JW: Sure
Girl: RAAAPEEEE