CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Latti
Bobby Boucher
donbgamecock
ConwayGamecock
usc1
Regalcock
catdaddy66
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2674)
BREAD (522)
Sindarius Thornwell (340)
Dress shirt help (335)
Starz Black Sails (274)
Best Child Acting Pe (236)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (168)
South Carolina @ Aub (110)
Well gameday just go (105)
Unsung Hero (84)
Kelcy and Vic questioned
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Name a Gamecock
Does Brenton Williams hav
Josh Cunningham Power For

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #1501
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Wideman and Sawyer are non-qualifers so we don't have to worry about them. We probably won't get but 2 or 3 of those other guys. I don't think we take Williams if we get Sawyer or Wideman. I don't know if we take both Green and Smith. Some of these guys are long shots and recruiting is a numbers game.
I would not say both will not qualify. They both may not but it's not a lock they do not qualify either. I would bet one of the two qualify.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #1502
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rivals ranking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Why are we ranked 34th? I see teams we should be crushing in recruiting but for some reason were not even in top 20!!!
the rankings are based more on # of players...if you look at quality per player, we're in the top 10.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #1503
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

If we know sawyer and wideman aren't going to be able to make it in, wouldn't we put the full court press on Williams. We need another DE this class. I hope we end up taking green, dj smith, d. scott (who could also play slot receiver) and a DE (whoevers the best that can make it in this year)
Old 11-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #1504
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I'm expecting some commitments after the game tonight. Those prospects should see that there is opportunity to come in and make an early impact for a possible sec championship team. Go a&m and ole miss
Old 11-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #1505
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

There is some UF talk that they wouldn't be surprised if Lammons flipped to USC.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #1506
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
There is some UF talk that they wouldn't be surprised if Lammons flipped to USC.
if you have followed Lammons this makes a lot of sense hope it happens need a couple more DBs in this class

Old 11-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #1507
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
After seeing their downward spiral this month, I wouldn't be shocked if a number of their recruits don't open things back up. Are there plans for Lammons to visit Columbia.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #1508
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
After seeing their downward spiral this month, I wouldn't be shocked if a number of their recruits don't open things back up. Are there plans for Lammons to visit Columbia.
There were four or five commits which were mentioned as possible flips. I just paid particular attention when Lammons was mentioned as a possible flip to Carolina. Since these were UF sources, I didn't get a date, though, as I expect WM to fight to keep them.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #1509
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Is there any other Florida commitment besides Lammons we could flip as well? Like Nolan Kelleher.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #1510
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

The timing of Muschamp's firing (assuming it happens) is very important whether or not some of their recruits will leave. If he gets fired, expect it the first few days after this week's game.

I wonder what will happen to Lawing if Muschamp gets dumped.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #1511
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Muschamp isn't going to be fired, unfortunately.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:14 AM   #1512
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Muschamp isn't going to be fired, unfortunately.
That's what I thought too after our game...after Georgia Southern all bets are off. Actually, it's good for us if they keep him....same for Dabo.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #1513
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Bumping this, since w/o SECCG it's officially recruiting season (particularly until bowls are announced).

I like the progress we've made and the new possibilities that have arisen in the past few weeks. I think we can close really strong, and w/ some (necessary) attrition we can land a great class.

CB- Think 2 of 3 from Smith, Lammons, Green. Hoping Green is one of them, but will be more than happy w/ the other 2.
WR - Would imagine we're done after Samuel if he commits
DE/DT - Bronson now has an offer, Wideman, Sawyer, outside shot at Williams? Anything I'm missing?
O Line - Would love to land Are or Prince. Don't know how likely either are (particularly the latter)
P - get that kid that grew up a Carolina fan. Punting is such an overlooked aspect of the game.

Know I'm leaving stuff out.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #1514
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Bumping this, since w/o SECCG it's officially recruiting season (particularly until bowls are announced).

I like the progress we've made and the new possibilities that have arisen in the past few weeks. I think we can close really strong, and w/ some (necessary) attrition we can land a great class.

CB- Think 2 of 3 from Smith, Lammons, Green. Hoping Green is one of them, but will be more than happy w/ the other 2.
WR - Would imagine we're done after Samuel if he commits
DE/DT - Bronson now has an offer, Wideman, Sawyer, outside shot at Williams? Anything I'm missing?
O Line - Would love to land Are or Prince. Don't know how likely either are (particularly the latter)
P - get that kid that grew up a Carolina fan. Punting is such an overlooked aspect of the game.

Know I'm leaving stuff out.
Wouldn't mind getting Nate Brown, because if we could get him then we could definitely get Sawyer, but I think Brown is pretty solid on Misery. He's also up to a 4* now.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #1515
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wouldn't mind getting Nate Brown, because if we could get him then we could definitely get Sawyer, but I think Brown is pretty solid on Misery. He's also up to a 4* now.
Yeah, I saw Brown was actually trending to UGA. Hopefully we get both Sawyer and Wideman and one of them qualifies.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #1516
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

It seems Rivals has been updating their rankings. Some noticeable changes:

Stallworth went up to a 5.7
Wideman went down to a 5.8
Shaq went from #96 nationally to #85 nationally
Are - Originally wasn't ranked, but now Rivals has him at a 5.5 (3*)
Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #1517
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Is there any other Florida commitment besides Lammons we could flip as well? Like Nolan Kelleher.
I believe Kelleher chose UF because of the engineering program. Lammons is believed to be a canidate for flipping to USC as late as last week by UF sources, but the DJ Smith looming commit may or may not have affected it.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #1518
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in

I think Stallworth is going to be a big get...I've read somewhere that Oregon really likes him..It's nice to get on these "sleepers" early...I'll admit that sometimes those "stars" people like Clemscum are able to land aggrivate me,but I have to check myself and look at what our coaches have done with the guys they evaluate and stand pat on..
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #1519
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I am so pumped about Stallworth. He is from the backyard of Bama. He is gonna be so good. I have already compared him to Ariz. State's Sutton - I think they both play similar and I think that he can have a huge impact after a year working out with the team,

Also, I read on reddit that Tennessee has 14 EE's. Why can we muster more than 3-4 EE's including JUCO/prep kids. I understand the immediate playing time their is attractive, but 14 EE's just makes me downright jealous.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #1520
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Michael Scarnecchia is up to a 5.5 (3*) on Rivals now. Was a 5.4 (2*)
Tyshun Samuel is up to a 5.6 (3*). Was a 5.5 (3*). Surprised he didn't get a 4* rating.
Closed Thread