CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
ertman420
MWard
spareparts
Cunningham wants to (1335)
ESPN article on Clow (1029)
Clemson Georgia Game (812)
Mangus now coaching (552)
Can Tennessee get to (400)
Chick Redefines the (268)
Spread vs. aTm (227)
Truly Inspiring (210)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (197)
The Bama series (196)
2 Crazy things
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Playstation 4
ESPN article on Clowney -

Old 12-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #141
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit
Default Re: Saturday's Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
When you do this and walk directly toward our student section and your dipshit players bark at our students, then yes you shouldnt be suprised when you get pelted with trash. Dont act like a piece of shit and you wont get treated like one.

I always felt like you are asking for trouble when you do things like this. Particularly night games against a rival where you know there well be 4 or 5 people who have had a few too many adult beverages.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #142
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
If you think this is a society problem then You need to go check your history...and you are 100% wrong.

Fan behavior has gotten remarkably better over say the last 50+ years. If you think going to the Carolina/Clemson game was some sort of garden party in the past...well you are sadly mistaken.

I'll reference the 1961 "Prank" game specifically. Newspaper articles at the time mention how many fights there were in the stands and how this was considered regular behavior for the the rivalry game. Not to mention the fight that broke out on the field while the prank was going on. The game had to be delayed 30 minutes b/c of the pre-game fighting...yet that part barley gets a mention in the papers compared to the fights that took place after kickoff.

At The post WW2 Big Thursday games the band had to play the national anthem multiple times at halftime b/c it was the only way to get the mass fights to stop; as the men were conditioned to stop and salute the flag when the anthem was played.

The world wasn't all teddy bears and rainbows in the past. And a couple of plastic bottle thrown at the opposing team is child's play compared how fans behaved in the "good ole days"

Read your history people...you might learn something.
In 1902, after the Gamecocks beat the John Heisman coached Clemson team, the Clemson cadets set upon South Carolina students with knives and brass knuckles. After the transparency was displaced, they marched toward the horseshoe where they met armed, fortified South Carolina students. It is a miracle people weren't killed over the rivalry in 1902.

No, we are calm--very calm--by historical standards. A lot of it is that our society is made up of a bunch of teacups now. A couple water bottles and towels thrown on the Clemson team that is taunting the students ... big deal. Deal with it. Part of the rivalry.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #143
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Correct me if this is not true but I was told Dabo did his whole arm-in-arm walk across the field before the game into the endzone directly in front of the student section?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #144
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Whenever I travel for business I put dual Clemson flags on the rental and drive around like a complete asshole, running cars off the road, not yielding to pedestrians and tossing out beer cans. People far and wide now hate Clemson if they didn't before.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #145
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Correct me if this is not true but I was told Dabo did his whole arm-in-arm walk across the field before the game into the endzone directly in front of the student section?

Promenade? LOL!!!!!!! Looks childish. Dabo is a bit of a kid. Any other coach would have just owned up to his speeding ticket last year instead of getting the cop fired.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #146
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material
Question Re: Saturday's Fans

Are the USC police involved now ?
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #147
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
Are the USC police involved now ?
Involved in what?
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #148
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Save yourself, it was very boring
Just because you thought it was boring doesn't mean other people didn't like it. That's twice now I have seen you say it was boring. My mom and dad went to the game and enjoyed the halftime show. If anyone finds a video please post
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #149
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Involved in what?
Involved in questioning USC students that were at the game?
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #150
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Good God, some of y'all need to take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.

Yeah, it's classless. Yes, I was down there and saw it. No, I didn't take part. But my Lord, it's not the end of the world. Things like that have been happening for years and it happens everywhere. Just because it makes the school look bad doesn't mean it's going to stop happening any time soon. It's a shame, but ranting on the internet will do nothing about it.

Some of y'all might have a damn heart attack if you ever walked out of Sanford Stadium after beating the Dawgs. That's hell on earth compared to some empty plastic bottles and towels being thrown. Get a grip.
TaterHater1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #151
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Dabo will probably look to have the rivalry suspended due to fearing for his and his teams safety...........
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #152
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post

Those of you that weren't at the game yet are complaining about fan behavior are the real problem. The worst fan behavior possible is not showing up to the game. It's kind of like not voting, and complaining about the government.

Are you going to pay for my family's expenses to fly from Fort Lauderdale and back as well as my hotel for home games?
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #153
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

The atmosphere seemed pretty light to me until Clemson held hands and skipped across the field.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #154
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Does anybody know why Dabo had the team walk elbow to elbow towards the north end zone? I've never seen this done anywhere. What was this supposed to signify? I really can't see a reason this was done. Has Dabo explained what this was for? This should be outlawed because it appears it incites the fans and caused the Tiger football team to be subjected to disrespect that they would not otherwise have been subjected to.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #155
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Does anybody know why Dabo had the team walk elbow to elbow towards the north end zone? I've never seen this done anywhere. What was this supposed to signify? I really can't see a reason this was done. Has Dabo explained what this was for? This should be outlawed because it appears it incites the fans and caused the Tiger football team to be subjected to disrespect that they would not otherwise have been subjected to.
Brad Scott (current Clemp OL coach) used to do that when he was the USC Head Coach. He attempted to implement it as a USC "tradition" when he was the head coach. Going 1-10, and having the Brad Scott players laughing and joking on the sideline while UT hung half a hundred on us at home, tended to eliminate any remnant from Brad Scott implemented traditions from our minds. It is ironic that Brad would teach his trick to the Clemson tigers. Hopefully, it results in just as great a failure for them as it did when he tried it here in the disastorous period of his head coaching stint.

BTW, another of his traditions was digging up turf at opposing stadiums and bringing it home as some kind of trophy. All that tradition did was create incentive for SEC opponents. Another stupid Brad Scott tradition is thankfully gone. However, it would not surprise me if he and Dabo have implemented this as a secret tradition at Clemp. We need some investigative reporting on this issue.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #156
Jamie61190
Game MVP

Male

Jamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to Jamie61190

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984 View Post
Good God, some of y'all need to take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.

Yeah, it's classless. Yes, I was down there and saw it. No, I didn't take part. But my Lord, it's not the end of the world. Things like that have been happening for years and it happens everywhere. Just because it makes the school look bad doesn't mean it's going to stop happening any time soon. It's a shame, but ranting on the internet will do nothing about it.

Some of y'all might have a damn heart attack if you ever walked out of Sanford Stadium after beating the Dawgs. That's hell on earth compared to some empty plastic bottles and towels being thrown. Get a grip.
Hell on earth would be losing to the dawgs in sanford
Old 12-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #157
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

IF y'all think Clemson-Carolina is bad, you should see what happens at like an Eagles-Giants game. Those northeastern fans are a different kind of breed.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #158
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
IF y'all think Clemson-Carolina is bad, you should see what happens at like an Eagles-Giants game. Those northeastern fans are a different kind of breed.
didn't the old veteran's stadium have a holding cell and a judge present at all games to lock up the hooligans?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #159
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Really, teams have been doing this for the last 30 years.

The first team I ever heard of doing it was FSU.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #160
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Glad we don't do it. It looks pretty ghey.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote