CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
ertman420
CoverTwo
Lalli25
MWard
SAETerrier
JerseyBird
HelleraisingCock
Victor Hampton Arres (1829)
What type of snake i (821)
response from charte (789)
how has more ESPN an (557)
Gamecock Legacy recr (374)
Attendance next seas (364)
purchasing football (257)
Honeymoon recommenda (201)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (139)
$15 home AC (134)
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Larenz Bryant update?
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned
A'ja Wilson
Gamecock Legacy recruits/


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #241
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,536
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
Outback , Bama,Miss and Auburn all above us A&M gets cotton or Missouri . Bama to Capital one , Auburn sugar , SC Outback . I enjoyed it last year hanging at at Ybor city .
Alabama is a LOCK to get a BCS bid... an absolute LOCK... They aint going to the Cap-1 Bowl...
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #242
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,536
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
If Alabama goes to the Capital One, I won't post on here for a month.
Ill wear a damn Oregon hat if that happens (Alabama goes to Cap-1)
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #243
Latt4Gov
Recruit
 
Latt4Gov's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lexington
Posts: 243
CockyCash: 200
Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Just posted on the bleacher report.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Latt4Gov is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #244
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,536
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

I think we are the favorite to get the Cotton bid... IF WE ARE STILL AVAILABLE when they pick... Cap-1 picks before them.
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #245
B-G
Two Deep
 
B-G's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wall Street
Posts: 1,136
CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
Depends on what you mean by northeast. Folks in NYC, Boston, and Philly don't care about college football much at all. Now in the more midwest area of say Ohio, middle to western Pennslyvania, Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana, then yeah they do care.

The Rose Bowl is banking on 2 cities carrying its water: LA and Chicago. Chicago is to the Big Ten what Atlanta is to the SEC. Ditto for LA and the Pac 12.
NYC Boston and Philly only give a shit about the Rose bowl.
C'mon buddy.
__________________
#L4M
B-G is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #246
rosstheboss
Diehard
 
rosstheboss's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbia,SC
Posts: 6,092
CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I think we are the favorite to get the Cotton bid... IF WE ARE STILL AVAILABLE when they pick... Cap-1 picks before them.
Exactly. People can keep posting all they want to the cotton to choose us...but the cap 1 will take who they want first and if auburn is in the BCS that will be us.
__________________
rosstheboss is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #247
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution
 
MisterClowney's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 1,806
CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Saw Ray Tanner tonight. Pretty much said what everyone else was saying. Mizzou wins, we more than likely go to the Cotton. Auburn wins we head to Cap 1.

This year is different as far as the bowls choosing the teams. In years past, bowls had a lot of say in which teams they were getting. However NEXT season, bowls have next to ZERO say in the teams they get other than the conference they're from. It will pretty much consist of Mike Slive saying Alabama you're going here, SC you're here, LSU you're going here, etc. So, this season, as bowls are looking to gain/keep a good reputation with the conferences so they can get the better teams in the years to come, there is more say from the SEC as to which teams go where. Which is why we could go to Dallas when in other years Orlando/Tampa would make more sense.
__________________
MisterClowney is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #248
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,536
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Exactly. People can keep posting all they want to the cotton to choose us...but the cap 1 will take who they want first and if auburn is in the BCS that will be us.
Yep.. Quite simple... If Aubie wins, Cap-1 is going to take us, and Mizzou goes to the Cotton... If you want to go to the Cotton Bowl... Root like hell for Mizzou to beat Aubie.. If that happens, Aubie will probably get picked by the Cap-1... And we get slotted down to the Cotton... Cap-1 knows that USC will take more fans to Orlando than Mizzou... Think about it, Mizzou is taking 15,000 to Atlanta... That is right at 1000 mile trip... Very expensive... You really think they would take that many to Orlando, just 3-1/2 weeks later? That means another flight, and a more more expensive trip... Carolina fans can drive down to Orlando... it's an easy decision for the Cap-1 people on who to pick(if it's between USC and Mizzou)
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #249
b381l
Heisman Candidate
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,809
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Yep.. Quite simple... If Aubie wins, Cap-1 is going to take us, and Mizzou goes to the Cotton... If you want to go to the Cotton Bowl... Root like hell for Mizzou to beat Aubie.. If that happens, Aubie will probably get picked by the Cap-1... And we get slotted down to the Cotton... Cap-1 knows that USC will take more fans to Orlando than Mizzou... Think about it, Mizzou is taking 15,000 to Atlanta... That is right at 1000 mile trip... Very expensive... You really think they would take that many to Orlando, just 3-1/2 weeks later? That means another flight, and a more more expensive trip... Carolina fans can drive down to Orlando... it's an easy decision for the Cap-1 people on who to pick(if it's between USC and Mizzou)
this....

Consider this about the Cotton Bowl.....each team is allocated 12,500 tickets. Jerry's world holds at least 80,000....15,000 more than Orlando. Even if we sell all our tickets, there would be 55,000 (80,000 - 12,500 x 2) Big 12 fans there in addition to the 12,500 because all of the corporate sponsors will be from Big 12. So do you really want to play a de facto "away game" in Dallas against Baylor, Oklahoma or perhaps Texas.....I don't.
b381l is offline  
Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #250
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 13,840
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

We would be seriously outnumbered in the Cotton.

Would be a great bowl though.

We'd tear Texas a new one.

Ok State or Baylor would be a tough game.
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #251
Tim Taylor
Banned
 
Tim Taylor's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC
Posts: 273
CockyCash: 500
Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Saw Ray Tanner tonight. Pretty much said what everyone else was saying. Mizzou wins, we more than likely go to the Cotton. Auburn wins we head to Cap 1.

This year is different as far as the bowls choosing the teams. In years past, bowls had a lot of say in which teams they were getting. However NEXT season, bowls have next to ZERO say in the teams they get other than the conference they're from. It will pretty much consist of Mike Slive saying Alabama you're going here, SC you're here, LSU you're going here, etc. So, this season, as bowls are looking to gain/keep a good reputation with the conferences so they can get the better teams in the years to come, there is more say from the SEC as to which teams go where. Which is why we could go to Dallas when in other years Orlando/Tampa would make more sense.

You have that backwards. If Missouri wins, then Auburn will be the number two team in the West and will get taken by the Cotton Bowl. If Auburn wins, then Missouri will get the Capital One Bid.

For me, I believe that whomever wins the SECCG is going to the national title game unless Ohio State beats the hell out of Michigan State. A close win won't cut it for them.

So if Auburn wins, they are in the NCG. Bama will go to the Sugar. We go to the Cotton, Missouri goes to the Cap.

If Mizzou wins, they are in the NCG. Bama will go to the Sugar. We go to the Capital One Bowl, Auburn goes to Cotton.

I am curious about a doomsday scenario. I'm wondering what the hell would happen with the bowls if both Florida State and Ohio State lose. The winner of the SECCG and Alabama will be in the BCSNCG and that will mess with the rest of the BCS bowls on down. Florida St. and Ohio State would still go to BCS bowls. Duke and Michigan State would be in. That's 6 of 10 right there. If Oklahoma State and Baylor both win, that's two one-loss Big 12 teams. You have to believe they both will be in a BCS bowl. That's 8. If Stanford wins the Pac-12, then you probably have them and Oregon. Or does someone from the trio of UCF, Louisville, or NIU crash the party?

That is obviously the scenario I am rooting for
Tim Taylor is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #252
b381l
Heisman Candidate
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,809
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
You have that backwards. If Missouri wins, then Auburn will be the number two team in the West and will get taken by the Cotton Bowl. If Auburn wins, then Missouri will get the Capital One Bid.

For me, I believe that whomever wins the SECCG is going to the national title game unless Ohio State beats the hell out of Michigan State. A close win won't cut it for them.

So if Auburn wins, they are in the NCG. Bama will go to the Sugar. We go to the Cotton, Missouri goes to the Cap.

If Mizzou wins, they are in the NCG. Bama will go to the Sugar. We go to the Capital One Bowl, Auburn goes to Cotton.

I am curious about a doomsday scenario. I'm wondering what the hell would happen with the bowls if both Florida State and Ohio State lose. The winner of the SECCG and Alabama will be in the BCSNCG and that will mess with the rest of the BCS bowls on down. Florida St. and Ohio State would still go to BCS bowls. Duke and Michigan State would be in. That's 6 of 10 right there. If Oklahoma State and Baylor both win, that's two one-loss Big 12 teams. You have to believe they both will be in a BCS bowl. That's 8. If Stanford wins the Pac-12, then you probably have them and Oregon. Or does someone from the trio of UCF, Louisville, or NIU crash the party?

That is obviously the scenario I am rooting for
You've got it backwards. If Auburn wins, we would jump Missouri because we beat them and therefore we go to Cap One. If Missouri wins, Auburn would probably still be ranked ahead of us and therefore they would go to the Cap One.....but nice try.

Last edited by b381l; 12-05-2013 at 02:10 AM.
b381l is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #253
Tim Taylor
Banned
 
Tim Taylor's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC
Posts: 273
CockyCash: 500
Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You've got it backwards. If Auburn wins, we would jump Missouri because we beat them and therefore we go to Cap One. If Missouri wins, Auburn would probably still be ranked ahead of us and therefore they would go to the Cap One.....but nice try.

No I had it right. The Capital One gets the first pick after the BCS picks. They don't have to take the next highest ranked team. This has all been covered before. The Cotton Bowl has already had talks with the Cap Bowl about the, passing on us so that the Cotton Bowl can have us. The Florida bowls - especially the Outback Bowl - have a strong sense of fatigue from our fanbase. If Auburn wins, the Capital One Bowl has no problem taking Missouri (a team that has never been to that bowl) and letting the Cotton have us. If Missouri wins, then the Capital One will go ahead and take us because the Cotton would prefer Auburn for a variety of reasons.

I don't know why some people can't understand that just because a bowl gets the first pick means that they have to take a certain team. They get that slot pick. As long as a team is eligible they can take whomever they want. They each do what's best for business. If Auburn wins, then its best for the Cotton to pick us and for the Cap One to pick Missouri. If Missouri wins, it's best for the Cap One to pick us and the Cotton to pick Auburn.

Not that hard to understand folks.
Tim Taylor is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #254
rosstheboss
Diehard
 
rosstheboss's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbia,SC
Posts: 6,092
CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
No I had it right. The Capital One gets the first pick after the BCS picks. They don't have to take the next highest ranked team. This has all been covered before. The Cotton Bowl has already had talks with the Cap Bowl about the, passing on us so that the Cotton Bowl can have us. The Florida bowls - especially the Outback Bowl - have a strong sense of fatigue from our fanbase. If Auburn wins, the Capital One Bowl has no problem taking Missouri (a team that has never been to that bowl) and letting the Cotton have us. If Missouri wins, then the Capital One will go ahead and take us because the Cotton would prefer Auburn for a variety of reasons.

I don't know why some people can't understand that just because a bowl gets the first pick means that they have to take a certain team. They get that slot pick. As long as a team is eligible they can take whomever they want. They each do what's best for business. If Auburn wins, then its best for the Cotton to pick us and for the Cap One to pick Missouri. If Missouri wins, it's best for the Cap One to pick us and the Cotton to pick Auburn.

Not that hard to understand folks.
See my post earlier...directly from cap 1 reps and family members. Auburn wins=cap 1
Mizzou wins=cotton/outback make a deal for us to go to cotton. Explain how it makes sense to send mizzou farther from home To Florida and us far away to Texas when they could switch the two and make it easier for both fan bases to travel. Plus mizzou would have just traveled far to Atlanta.
__________________
rosstheboss is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #255
Tim Taylor
Banned
 
Tim Taylor's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC
Posts: 273
CockyCash: 500
Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
See my post earlier...directly from cap 1 reps and family members. Auburn wins=cap 1
Mizzou wins=cotton/outback make a deal for us to go to cotton. Explain how it makes sense to send mizzou farther from home To Florida and us far away to Texas when they could switch the two and make it easier for both fan bases to travel. Plus mizzou would have just traveled far to Atlanta.
I'm amazed that so many of our fans can be so ignorant to reality.

Do I need to draw a picture for you? Perhaps some venn diagrams? Maybe a motion comic? Hell I'll get really fancy and create a MS Paint for this all.
Tim Taylor is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #256
rosstheboss
Diehard
 
rosstheboss's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbia,SC
Posts: 6,092
CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Yes please do. Then I can send them to my family on the bowl committee to let them know who they are going to choose. Really hope this is your attempt at trolling or something but if you can refute my post please do. 16 hours from columbia mo to orlando, 9 to arlington. its 7 hrs from columbia sc to orlando and 15 to arlington. tell me which one makes more sense to you.
__________________
rosstheboss is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #257
b381l
Heisman Candidate
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,809
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
No I had it right. The Capital One gets the first pick after the BCS picks. They don't have to take the next highest ranked team. This has all been covered before. The Cotton Bowl has already had talks with the Cap Bowl about the, passing on us so that the Cotton Bowl can have us. The Florida bowls - especially the Outback Bowl - have a strong sense of fatigue from our fanbase. If Auburn wins, the Capital One Bowl has no problem taking Missouri (a team that has never been to that bowl) and letting the Cotton have us. If Missouri wins, then the Capital One will go ahead and take us because the Cotton would prefer Auburn for a variety of reasons.

I don't know why some people can't understand that just because a bowl gets the first pick means that they have to take a certain team. They get that slot pick. As long as a team is eligible they can take whomever they want. They each do what's best for business. If Auburn wins, then its best for the Cotton to pick us and for the Cap One to pick Missouri. If Missouri wins, it's best for the Cap One to pick us and the Cotton to pick Auburn.

Not that hard to understand folks.
Where did you hear this.
b381l is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #258
Thenardier
Starter
 
Thenardier's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Carolina
Posts: 1,282
CockyCash: 661
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
No I had it right. The Capital One gets the first pick after the BCS picks. They don't have to take the next highest ranked team. This has all been covered before. The Cotton Bowl has already had talks with the Cap Bowl about the, passing on us so that the Cotton Bowl can have us. The Florida bowls - especially the Outback Bowl - have a strong sense of fatigue from our fanbase. If Auburn wins, the Capital One Bowl has no problem taking Missouri (a team that has never been to that bowl) and letting the Cotton have us. If Missouri wins, then the Capital One will go ahead and take us because the Cotton would prefer Auburn for a variety of reasons.

I don't know why some people can't understand that just because a bowl gets the first pick means that they have to take a certain team. They get that slot pick. As long as a team is eligible they can take whomever they want. They each do what's best for business. If Auburn wins, then its best for the Cotton to pick us and for the Cap One to pick Missouri. If Missouri wins, it's best for the Cap One to pick us and the Cotton to pick Auburn.

Not that hard to understand folks.
If Auburn lost the SECCG they would not fall to the Cotton, Cap One would take them.
Thenardier is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #259
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American
 
U-Dub Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: From Lake Stevens, WA...now reside in Chapin, SC
Posts: 11,536
CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Tim Taylor: The Capitol One Bowl gets the first SEC team that is not picked for a BCS game... Does not matter if they are in the East or West... Once they pick, then the it goes as follows:

Outback Bowl gets first SEC East Pick
Cotton Bowl gets first SEC West pick

Why Carolina is getting consideration for the Cotton Bowl is because the Outback and Cotton Bowls are talking about swapping picks (Cotton gets first SEC East pick, Outback gets first SEC West Pick) since Carolina went to the Outback last year, and LSU has already played in the Cotton Bowl earlier this year (against TCU to open the season)..

If Auburn wins on Saturday, we are almost a lock to go to the Capital One Bowl. If Missou wins, Cotton Bowl is much more probable.
__________________
Just a lost Dawg from the 425.
U-Dub Gamecock is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #260
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason
 
COCKDIESEL's Avatar
 
Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pine Ridge
Posts: 7,447
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
I'm amazed that so many of our fans can be so ignorant to reality.

Do I need to draw a picture for you? Perhaps some venn diagrams? Maybe a motion comic? Hell I'll get really fancy and create a MS Paint for this all.
You had better include the media in your assumption that our fans are ignorant. The scenario that the other guy is describing is basically what all the media are hearing from the bowl reps. If Auburn is available the Cap one will take them, and the Cotton/Outback will make a deal to get Outback to not select us so that Cotton will.
__________________




COCKDIESEL is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development