CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Order 66
Cock Kool-Aid
uscsandstorm85
rosstheboss
Kelcy and Vic questi (2943)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (945)
US Air nsfw tweet (787)
I like how Frank sou (741)
boiled peanuts (542)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (510)
2015 - Chris Clark (309)
Hillsborough (272)
Sweet Corn!!! (227)
Ahh...The Masters
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Bryce King transferring
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Name a Gamecock
I like how Frank sounds h
A'ja Wilson
2015 - Auden Tate
Last 5 years in the SEC

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #1521
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Recruiting Impressions

I think our most realistic shots are DJ Smith, Scott, and Samuel. Maybe Sawyer.

Prince and Green would be my top choices but they both look like long shots
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #1522
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Yea Nolan is as solid as they come to UF. I'll say this, I've seen big o-lineman, and I saw him last weekend. His measurements have to be a little skewed. IMO we get Samuel (kinda obvious), DJ Smith is trending, Scott, Sawyer and probably flip Wideman. With Green, there is too much pulling him to UGA right now for anyone to be confident.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #1523
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

If we can land

Scott
Wideman
Sawyer
Green
Smith

This class would be an excellent haul. All five of those players are inside Rivals top 250, and Rivals just recently updated their rankings. We'll finish with 12 (4*) players, not that it matters, but that's still awesome. Thomas/Harris/Stallworth/Samuel all have potential to be bumped to a 4* rating. This class still has a chance to be the best ever.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #1524
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
If we can land

Scott
Wideman
Sawyer
Green
Smith

This class would be an excellent haul. All five of those players are inside Rivals top 250, and Rivals just recently updated their rankings. We'll finish with 12 (4*) players, not that it matters, but that's still awesome. Thomas/Harris/Stallworth/Samuel all have potential to be bumped to a 4* rating. This class still has a chance to be the best ever.
If we got 5/5 i'll do jumping jacks, 4/5 I'll be super pumped. I expect 3/5. We HAVE to get 2/5. 1/5...I'll throw my visor HBC style
Old 12-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #1525
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
If we can land

Scott
Wideman
Sawyer
Green
Smith

no way this will happen....I wish it could however.....
I'll be happy with Smith, Scott, Sawyer and Are.....
Old 12-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #1526
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

C2, I guess you saw where Lammons is taking an OV with us on Jan 17.
Can you open his thread back up. Wisconsin thinks they have the best chance to flip him, we'll see about that.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #1527
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Wisconsin is not getting a kid from us, no way no how
Old 12-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #1528
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Wisconsin is not getting a kid from us, no way no how
Well Louisville took one from us; ergo anything can happen.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #1529
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Well Louisville took one from us; ergo anything can happen.
I don't think Ford was any longer a take for us, so Louisville didn't take him from us.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #1530
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321
If we can land

Scott
Wideman
Sawyer
Green
Smith

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................

Actually this absolutely could happen. Scott, we have led or been in his top 2 from day 1. Most insiders feel Wideman has already flipped or will do so. Great shot at landing Sawyer & Smith & many insiders think we lead for both. Right now, my biggest longshot is Green & we are in his top 2. Problem is, 2 of these guys may very well not qualify. We have a better shot at all these guys than Are imo
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #1531
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I think we should be calling every top 20-25 CB recruit in the nation and say you can walk in here day 1 and be a starter. We have zero depth at all and we want you to start next year for DBU. Start as a true freshman for a top 10 team in the SEC. At the very least you will be a nickel back or in the 2 deep as soon as you sign. See if we can flip a 4 or a 5 star kid to us.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #1532
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321
If we can land

Scott
Wideman
Sawyer
Green
Smith

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................

Actually this absolutely could happen. Scott, we have led or been in his top 2 from day 1. Most insiders feel Wideman has already flipped or will do so. Great shot at landing Sawyer & Smith & many insiders think we lead for both. Right now, my biggest longshot is Green & we are in his top 2. Problem is, 2 of these guys may very well not qualify. We have a better shot at all these guys than Are imo
I was mostly referring to the fact that I seriously doubt that both Sawyer and Wideman qualify.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #1533
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I think we should be calling every top 20-25 CB recruit in the nation and say you can walk in here day 1 and be a starter. We have zero depth at all and we want you to start next year forDBU .Start as a true freshman for a top 10 team in the SEC. At the very least you will be a nickel back or in the 2 deep as soon as you sign. See if we can flip a 4 or a 5 star kid to us.
Then they'll ask, Well if you are DBU then why don't you have any DB's? Which is beyond me how we let our DB situation get so bad! It used to be our primary strength...
Old 12-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #1534
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

What I'm about to say is going to shock you, so please sit down.
TBS is reporting the coaches are seriously considering making this
a full class of 22 not the original 15-16 which has been reported
for months.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #1535
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
for months.
I'm surprised, but I'm even more relieved due to all of the attrition talk that is flying around.

~Dan Gable
Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #1536
quiverlip
Walk On

Male

quiverlip has hatched from the shell

How is that possible? Wouldn't we need to lose 10+ players due to attrition?

The numbers have seemed bizarre this year. Turning down guys like Chris Lammons initially because things were so tight. Deciding not to pursue Christian Miller. And lately it seems like we are throwing out new offers right and left.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #1537
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoach View Post
I'm surprised, but I'm even more relieved due to all of the attrition talk that is flying around.
Yes. This appears to me that the coaches are going to release more than they originally planned instead of giving them another year to get better.......it looks like aren't going to wait around anymore.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #1538
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
for months.
So that leaves 7 players. Scott, Sawyer, Wideman, Green or Lammons, and Smith. Are is a possibility. Who's the seventh player? The only one I can think of is Bronson. Daly would probably be a walk-on.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #1539
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

Has the Prince talk died down already?

~Dan Gable
Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #1540
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoach View Post
Has the Prince talk died down already?
It is quiet because we have a little more than a month until we find out if we have a legit shot at him. The January 17th visit is what will determine our chances and there is only so many times we can all keep saying it. Just have to wait and hope he makes the visit.
Closed Thread