CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
uscgamecocks88
MWard
SanAntonioCock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8282)
Sindarius Thornwell (868)
Best Child Acting Pe (529)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (503)
Well gameday just go (421)
Happy Birthday, Coac (359)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (347)
Your most famous twi (239)
South Carolina @ Aub (218)
Unsung Hero (217)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Connor Mitch
How to cut the mustard
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Any news on Max Schrock
Burger Kings angry whoppe
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #201
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly
Default Re: Cotton Bowl... No thanks

You ever been to Dallas in January?
The weather is not that great. Unless you like a low of 35 at night. (I don't mind it but know a bunch of people down here don't)
Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #202
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

Y'all do realize that AT&T Stadium has a retractable roof? It's not any colder there than it is here in South Carolina.
Tim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #203
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
This. Each team received $1,000,000 more than the Cotton or the Outback
Which would be split among the conference. We receive a share of the Cap 1 payment whether we go or not.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #204
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
Do you fools really believe that any bowl executive from Dallas or Orlando is reading this board? More importantly, do you believe that any bowl executive is not only reading this board, but cares what is said here and will base their decision off of what is said here? Seriously people. In the grand scheme of the internet, Cockytalk is a footnote on the hair on a mole on the ass of a tiny asian man lost in the vastness of space.

They are talking about comments on Twitter and Facebook. No one correlates a fan message board with social media folks. No one has, no one will.
If you google "Capital One Gamecocks" this board is a top result. So if you believe that there is only a slim chance of someone from the Cotton Bowl seeing this forum, you need to think again.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #205
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Please give me the cotton bowl. I'm tired of playing Big Ten teams. I want to play a better Big 12 team like Baylor or Okla
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #206
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Y'all do realize that AT&T Stadium has a retractable roof? It's not any colder there than it is here in South Carolina.
You said good weather.

I implied it as out at night after the game.
Walking around its 35ish degrees at night.

Like said I'm not bothered by that at all but knowing a few around here would prefer the 60s at night.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #207
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cotton Bowl:

- Top ten opponent that we either haven't played or haven't played in a long time.
- Most prestigious bowl we have access to.
- Fun stuff to do that the majority of our fanbase has never experienced before.
-Good weather.
- New part of the country
- Would open up a new recruiting territory and give us more exposure in front of a national television audience.
- Playing in the best football stadium on the face of the planet that will hopefully host us in a national title game next year.

So the only "advantage" the Capital One Bowl has is money, but after the cut, it won't make much of a difference for our bottomline. Hate to break it to some of you guys, but that money won't make it to your pockets. Also, with the SEC network starting up, we'll start making even more money. If revenue is your concern, well it's a good thing we'll get exposure to people who had probably never seen us before.
What about the ability for the avg. fan to be able to make and afford the trip. While coaches are in town these bowl trips are great recruiting tools and we recruit Fla. heavily. Also when is the last time we played Wisky or MSU? Traditionally the Citrus and Cotton bowls are pretty even in prestige and I would almost rank the Citrus a little higher. Personally and for selfish reasons I want the cotton or peach, and that is because I would get to watch those, I will be traveling on NYD and not able to watch those games. But this mentality that the Citrus is inferior or not a good trip for the program is ridiculous.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #208
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 230
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
What about the ability for the avg. fan to be able to make and afford the trip. While coaches are in town these bowl trips are great recruiting tools and we recruit Fla. heavily. Also when is the last time we played Wisky or MSU? Traditionally the Citrus and Cotton bowls are pretty even in prestige and I would almost rank the Citrus a little higher. Personally and for selfish reasons I want the cotton or peach, and that is because I would get to watch those, I will be traveling on NYD and not able to watch those games. But this mentality that the Citrus is inferior or not a good trip for the program is ridiculous.
100% this the bowl game isn't just for the players or recruiting its for the fans too.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #209
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
You ever been to Dallas in January?
The weather is not that great. Unless you like a low of 35 at night. (I don't mind it but know a bunch of people down here don't)
For the record the last 3 days here had highs in the 70s. Not Jan, I know, and a cold front is coming in today, but its pretty chilly everywhere in Jan. Maybe the guy who didn't know what to do tailgating in 40 degree weather for the Clemson game should chime in.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #210
B-G
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
For the record the last 3 days here had highs in the 70s. Not Jan, I know, and a cold front is coming in today, but its pretty chilly everywhere in Jan. Maybe the guy who didn't know what to do tailgating in 40 degree weather for the Clemson game should chime in.
I know a lot would prefer to go to a bowl game with Warm weather.
Or as so I see from posting habits.

I personally like the cold, and think it's better. Cold weather is football weather IMO.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #211
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

My god how quickly we're spoiled. 6 years ago we hoped to get ANY bowl, and here we are now whining about which bowl might be better or which we can personally travel to.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #212
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I hope the NFL play-off fans or B1G folks don't get word of this new trend in cold weather tailgating.

Maybe we can finagle an invite to the Charlotte BOA stadium also-ran bowl.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #213
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
If you google "Capital One Gamecocks" this board is a top result. So if you believe that there is only a slim chance of someone from the Cotton Bowl seeing this forum, you need to think again.

Call me crazy but I doubt that in the process of selecting teams for their bowl, that the Cotton Bowl committee will head to google specifically to research "Capital One Gamecocks". I know that probably sounds like crazy talk, but I feel pretty safe in saying that that will not occur.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #214
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Which would be split among the conference. We receive a share of the Cap 1 payment whether we go or not.

True and not quite true.

The participating school retains a cut depending on the amount of the payout, PLUS traveling expenses. The remainder is submitted to the SEC for distribution.

this is aged, but you get the idea. A bowl participant will get more than a non participant. It also seems the participant gets a double cut.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/...till-the-same/
Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #215
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post

Our fans will make the trip son. It's not like we are going to the moon to play this game. Yeah it will cost more, but so would the national title game. Are you going to tell me that our fans wouldn't have made the trip to Pasadena? Are you going to tell me our fans won't make it to AT&T Stadium next year if we make the National Title game. Just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean others can't. And just because a dozen or so posters on here say they can't afford it doesn't mean any more than that those posters can't afford it. I hate to break it to you, but Cockytalk is a very very very small portion of Gamecock Nation.

I understand that we recruit Florida heavily. We won't lose a single Florida recruit because we went to Dallas. In fact we will not only gain access to Texas, but we will have even more exposure on tv - something you people seem to be ignoring for whatever reason.

The Cotton Bowl is miles ahead of Citrus in terms of prestige. Miles. It's not even close. You are fool if you believe the credit card bowl has more prestige than the Cotton Bowl. And no one said that the Credit Card bowl would be bad for the program. Would it be good? Sure. The Cotton Bowl would be much much better.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #216
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Tim - you are talking about a fanbase that said they would buy all the tickets up for the SEC Championship game if we ever went. That obviously didn't happen as Auburn kicked our ass in the stands that day too.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #217
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Tim - you are talking about a fanbase that said they would buy all the tickets up for the SEC Championship game if we ever went. That obviously didn't happen as Auburn kicked our ass in the stands that day too.
This
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #218
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
True. Can't have our fans waiting in traffic for more than 10 minutes before the kids start getting restless.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #219
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I think our fans would travel OK to Dallas. I agree with the Florida bowl fatigue though. Something new is needed but a trip from SC to TX might be a little too much. But then again, there aren't a lot of non-Florida options available to us so...

I think our opponent would change a lot of people's minds that are on the fence. Is it a lock to be Baylor?

No Texas or Oklahoma State possibilities? I think if we got matched up with the Horns, our fans would be fired up.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #220
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I'd go to see Texas and SC.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote