CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2803)
how has more ESPN an (1535)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1079)
Gamecock Legacy recr (758)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (495)
22 ways to annoy peo (384)
$15 home AC (361)
Hope Springs Eternal (294)
Why sports will alwa (253)
how has more ESPN anounce
Season Rankings Thread...
Byron the bunny...fear th
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Steak and eggs
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #261
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
I'm amazed that so many of our fans can be so ignorant to reality.

Do I need to draw a picture for you? Perhaps some venn diagrams? Maybe a motion comic? Hell I'll get really fancy and create a MS Paint for this all.

Dude....what you have said is the exact opposite of everything that has been rumored. If Auburn wins, we are going to the Capital One Bowl. If Mizzou wins, we are going to the Cotton Bowl. Geographics play a HUGE part in this. They aren't going to send Mizzou halfway across the country for the second time in a month and stick them in the Capital One Bowl if they lose to Auburn. Makes much more sense in that case for them to go to the Cotton Bowl based on the simple fact that this is a much more manageable trip for the folks from Columbia, Missouri. Therefore, if Auburn wins, Mizzou goes to the Cotton, and we end up in the Capital One.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #262
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

I don't believe an SEC team will jump OSU if they win.
Humans (2/3 of the BCS) will keep them in the game.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #263
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I don't believe an SEC team will jump OSU if they win.
Humans (2/3 of the BCS) will keep them in the game.
Yeah, I agree with you. Too many anti-SEC people that vote that will keep Auburn from jumping an undefeated OSU team.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #264
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Yeah, I agree with you. Too many anti-SEC people that vote that will keep Auburn from jumping an undefeated OSU team.
Like coach Spurrier said. whay is everyone picking on OSU? They play a tougher schedule than FSU. Auburn should jump FSU.

Kenny Powers
Old 12-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #265
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
I don't think it's as much anti SEC as you like to believe.
(It's funny how you see "anti-sec" among SEC fans, and "sec-biased" among non SEC fans)

I think it's just a matter of more voters believing in an undefeated team (especially one like Ohio State) should be making the game.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #266
B-G
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockfight21 View Post
Like coach Spurrier said. whay is everyone picking on OSU? They play a tougher schedule than FSU. Auburn should jump FSU.
Everyone is picking on OSU because they are number 2 and there is less of a gap between Auburn and OSU than Auburn and FSU (in human votes and computer Polls)
Old 12-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #267
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

The Cotton Bowl no doubt. It is the most prestigious non-BCS bowl in my opinion and is one of the "classic bowl games."

There is something to be said for still being known as the original bowl's name instead of a sponsor's name. I still cringe when I hear "Capital One Bowl" and "Chick-fil-a Bowl," and I make an effort to refer to them as the Citrus Bowl and the Peach Bowl.

-- George Burns
Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #268
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Because FSU has put up +40 points in each of their games, and there has not been a game yet where they have struggled - correct me if I am wrong there. And OSU has had a few games that have come down to the wire where they almost lost. Like Finebaum said, the top four teams in the SEC would beat OSU. FSU vs. SEC Champ is a whole lot better matchup than FSU vs. OSU.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 12-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #269
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Because FSU has put up +40 points in each of their games, and there has not been a game yet where they have struggled - correct me if I am wrong there. And OSU has had a few games that have come down to the wire where they almost lost. Like Finebaum said, the top four teams in the SEC would beat OSU. FSU vs. SEC Champ is a whole lot better matchup than FSU vs. OSU.
I can't say any of that. That is why you play the games. I would like to see FSU play some decent teams and then see. OSU Wisconsin was close. OSU went down to the wire with Michigan, but Michigan has a top 5 recruiting class every year, so they have talent, just bad coaching.

I am not defending OSU, I just don't see how FSU has earned so much more respect given its schedule. The real NC was called the Iron Bowl. Aub and Bama are the two best teams I have seen.

Kenny Powers
Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #270
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

What are the odd that MSU whips OSU ass? 60%?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #271
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

Quote:
Tim Taylor: The Capitol One Bowl gets the first SEC team that is not picked for a BCS game... Does not matter if they are in the East or West... Once they pick, then the it goes as follows:

Outback Bowl gets first SEC East Pick
Cotton Bowl gets first SEC West pick

Why Carolina is getting consideration for the Cotton Bowl is because the Outback and Cotton Bowls are talking about swapping picks (Cotton gets first SEC East pick, Outback gets first SEC West Pick) since Carolina went to the Outback last year, and LSU has already played in the Cotton Bowl earlier this year (against TCU to open the season)..

If Auburn wins on Saturday, we are almost a lock to go to the Capital One Bowl. If Missou wins, Cotton Bowl is much more probable.
Jesus people how is this so hard to understand? The Capital One Bowl gets the first PICK of teams after the BCS. First PICK. That means they get to PICK who they want. They aren't obligated to PICK the highest ranked team left after the BCS teams. They can pick whomever they want. The Cotton Bowl committee along with all the other bowl committees communicate with each other to get an idea who wants who so they can work out their picks so that they each can get a matchup that they feel best fits for their bowl each year. The Cotton Bowl wants South Carolina. They've already had talks with the Capital One Bowl committee about letting us slip past them so that the Cotton Bowl can have us and the COB committee is receptive to the idea.

Jesus tap dancing Christ. How is this so freaking hard to understand folks? I'm not speaking Germanic pig Latin.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #272
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Yes please do. Then I can send them to my family on the bowl committee to let them know who they are going to choose. Really hope this is your attempt at trolling or something but if you can refute my post please do. 16 hours from columbia mo to orlando, 9 to arlington. its 7 hrs from columbia sc to orlando and 15 to arlington. tell me which one makes more sense to you.

You are full of shit and you know it.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #273
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Quote:

Florida State played a much tougher schedule than Ohio State. Don't buy into that crap that Saragin spews. He's the Colin Cowherd of the computer poll world. Contrarian who thinks he knows shit but he really doesn't.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #274
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
You are full of shit and you know it.
Your trolling attempts are getting old quickly. Can't wait to hear your responses come Sunday afternoon. The citrus sports committe has the. 1st pick and can take whoever they want who is eligible. They won't take the highest BCS ranking because that would be mizzou! They are passing on mizzou for Carolina. They don't have talks with the cotton. The outback is the one taking with the cotton. Again, this is straight from committe members. You my friend are the one who is full of it. Still waiting on your maps and diagrams.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #275
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Jesus people how is this so hard to understand? The Capital One Bowl gets the first PICK of teams after the BCS. First PICK. That means they get to PICK who they want. They aren't obligated to PICK the highest ranked team left after the BCS teams. They can pick whomever they want. The Cotton Bowl committee along with all the other bowl committees communicate with each other to get an idea who wants who so they can work out their picks so that they each can get a matchup that they feel best fits for their bowl each year. The Cotton Bowl wants South Carolina. They've already had talks with the Capital One Bowl committee about letting us slip past them so that the Cotton Bowl can have us and the COB committee is receptive to the idea.

Jesus tap dancing Christ. How is this so freaking hard to understand folks? I'm not speaking Germanic pig Latin.

Then understand this... what is the first damn thing bowls are concerned about?? Ticket sales. If Auburn wins in Atlanta... the Capitol One Bowl is going to take South Carolina over Missouri.. Why? Because Mizzou 3-1/2 weeks prior just had to travel 1000 miles to Atlanta..They are taking 15,000 to Atlanta. Those same damn fans are most likely not going to turn around, and travel 1400 miles to go to Orlando. The Capital One Bowl will take South Carolina over Mizzou, BECAUSE WE WILL TAKE MORE FANS TO ORLANDO THAN THEY WILL.

I know you want the Cotton Bowl... that's great, many of our fans do too.. But these bowls are about the mighty dollar, and South Carolina will take more fans to Orlando.. and its not even close, AND THAT IS WHY WE GET PICKED TO GO THERE.

If Mizzou wins on Saturday, Capitol One will most likely take Auburn over us, due to ticket sales. Then, the Cotton Bowl has a CHANCE to pick us..
Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #276
Thenardier
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 661
Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

I haven't seen a Tim Taylor blunder this badly since Home Improvement.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #277
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Your trolling attempts are getting old quickly. Can't wait to hear your responses come Sunday afternoon. The citrus sports committe has the. 1st pick and can take whoever they want who is eligible. They won't take the highest BCS ranking because that would be mizzou! They are passing on mizzou for Carolina. They don't have talks with the cotton. The outback is the one taking with the cotton. Again, this is straight from committe members. You my friend are the one who is full of it. Still waiting on your maps and diagrams.
Dude you are pathetic. No one believes a damn word you say.

Quote:
Then understand this... what is the first damn thing bowls are concerned about?? Ticket sales. If Auburn wins in Atlanta... the Capitol One Bowl is going to take South Carolina over Missouri.. Why? Because Mizzou 3-1/2 weeks prior just had to travel 1000 miles to Atlanta..They are taking 15,000 to Atlanta. Those same damn fans are most likely not going to turn around, and travel 1400 miles to go to Orlando. The Capital One Bowl will take South Carolina over Mizzou, BECAUSE WE WILL TAKE MORE FANS TO ORLANDO THAN THEY WILL.

I know you want the Cotton Bowl... that's great, many of our fans do too.. But these bowls are about the mighty dollar, and South Carolina will take more fans to Orlando.. and its not even close, AND THAT IS WHY WE GET PICKED TO GO THERE.

If Mizzou wins on Saturday, Capitol One will most likely take Auburn over us, due to ticket sales. Then, the Cotton Bowl has a CHANCE to pick us..

The Bowls care about making money and their money comes from their television contracts. They will get their ticket sales nut one way (the fans purchase them) or the other (the Athletic Department purchases them). Television contracts run college football son. Anyone who tells you other wise is lying to you.

The Cotton Bowl is hot after us because 1. Its good for their business (Spurrier's first foray there, our first trip there, our ranking, our star power). and 2. Our fans have been clamoring to go there (despite the pissing and moaning you've heard heard from the vocal EXTREME minority).

I've said it once, and I'll say it a thousand times again. If Auburn wins, we go to the Cotton Bowl. If Missouri wins, we go to the Capital One. Simple logic folks. Our fans have Florida bowl fatigue. The AD knows it and the bowls know it. Missouri hasn't played a bowl in Florida since 1981. Their fans want something new. We have never played a bowl in Texas. Our fans want something new.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #278
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

You got it backwards. Auburn Wins Mizzou goes Cotton, SC Cap One, Mizzou wins Auburn goes Cap One, SC Cotton.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #279
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
You got it backwards. Auburn Wins Mizzou goes Cotton, SC Cap One, Mizzou wins Auburn goes Cap One, SC Cotton.
Jesus Christ people. You do understand that just because the Capital One gets the first pick of teams after the BCS doesn't mean that they have to or are going to take the next highest ranked team right? This happens every single year with several bowls.

I feel like I am talking to those damn seagulls from Finding Nemo.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #280
Thenardier
Starter

Male

I know that, if Mizzou wins Cap One takes Auburn because they'd fill the seats. If Auburn wins Cap One would take SC because they'd fill the seats better than Mizzou.
Closed Thread