CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
b381l
ertman420
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
Dabo confused about who w
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

Old 12-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #41
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material
Default Re: Would you atted the Cotton Bowl?

How's this?

I own/operate a business 5 min from Jerry's World. For anyone willing to go hostel style and sleep on their own bedroll on the floor - you can shack up at my place Fri or Sat night for free. 100% serious. There's a few dollars saved.

We've got heat and plumbing.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #42
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
How's this?

I own/operate a business 5 min from Jerry's World. For anyone willing to go hostel style and sleep on their own bedroll on the floor - you can shack up at my place Fri or Sat night for free. 100% serious. There's a few dollars saved.

We've got heat and plumbing.
That's really cool.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #43
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Yes. A big name bowl game we have never played in before and Jerry World would be cool. Not to mention a Big 12 matchup instead of Big 10 for once.

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #44
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 111606
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Seriously thinking about driving from Houston if it works out.

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Yep...Sho Nuff Will....I will also get a sideline pass if I go...My stepsons best friend is the equipment manager for the Cowboys and Rangers....
Old 12-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #46
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

No way I would miss being there!!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #47
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I think for the average fan, the Cotton Bowl will be too expensive to attend...

The game is a sellout (Stubhub always has tickets, but Im not in the mood to pay $200 or more for a ticket)

The game is after most of us have to be back at work (January 3rd)

The game is not drivable for most fans.. $300+ for the flight..
Well I can tell you right now that they haven't sold 80,000 tickets. Even if you count that each team gets a ticket allotment of 15k, that's still 50k tickets. They haven't sold that many.

I'm literally on StubHub as I type this and I'm looking at tickets as low as $6.
Tim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #48
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
Well I can tell you right now that they haven't sold 80,000 tickets. Even if you count that each team gets a ticket allotment of 15k, that's still 50k tickets. They haven't sold that many.

I'm literally on StubHub as I type this and I'm looking at tickets as low as $6.
Those "$6 tickets" are for game programs... Actually click into tickets, and you will see the nosebleeds (section 409) start at $175.00... in section 409.. if the roof is open, you can see Arizona on a clear day.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #49
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post

Dude....go to the Cotton Bowl website. They say plainly on there that the tickets to this years game have been sold out. Of course, Stub Hub has them. But I promise you, they cost well above what you would pay for them directly through the bowl ticket office, or the school ticket office.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #50
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Dude....go to the Cotton Bowl website. They say plainly on there that the tickets to this years game have been sold out. Of course, Stub Hub has them. But I promise you, they cost well above what you would pay for them directly through the bowl ticket office, or the school ticket office.

Stop f-ing up my thread!!!

Yes or No please.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #51
CockyInTexas
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 675
CockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Yes , I can drive out there it's only a 9 to 10 hour drive to Texarkana where I would stay and only a three hour drive from there to Dallas. I take I20 to 78 in Birmingham to Memphis and get on 40 then 440 then 30. If anyone does that eat at pops place in Texarkana Arkansas great food.
I live in Texarkana. You're better off taking 20 all the way to Shreveport, looping north on 220 and hitting 71 north. I don't know how long it's been since you've been here, but they've built the Arkansas stretch of the I49 extension to Texarkana, so the trip that way is now MUCH faster, and it connects everything to all the freeway loops, and straight to I30.

I don't know about pops place or anything. I married one of the locals who's been here her whole life and she's never heard of it. There's still plenty of places to eat, whether you want a chain or a dive. also, I don't think I've ever had a burger anywhere that's as good as half of the burger joints in Texarkana.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

2014 Capital One Bowl Champions!

Thank you Connor!
CockyInTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #52
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
yes,

atlgamecock, we should think about a CT carpool from ATL. defer a lot of driving costs.
Hell yea
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #53
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

watch out guys before nureye actually dots someones eye.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #54
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
watch out guys before nureye actually dots someones eye.
lol @"dots someones eye"
Old 12-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #55
USC97
Walk On

Male

USC97 has hatched from the shell

Yes
USC97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #56
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Stop f-ing up my thread!!!

Yes or No please.

Already answered.

NO.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #57
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Can't afford the Cotton Bowl, but would certainly be there if I could.

Can afford the Capital One, but won't be caught dead in that stadium.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #58
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

of course..

once in a lifetime trip

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #59
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I'd love to go.
Always wanted to visit Dallas.

With that said, from a pure money standpoint...can't afford to take off work and make the trip.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #60
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

will be there. got a flight on SW already booked but luckily with SW I can change for free to whatever bowl we end up in