CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
sporkgod50
GH
GoldenSpur7
b381l
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1746)
The #AskEmmert Q& (532)
Stadium Ratings-Site (360)
Peach Bowl name retu (253)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (252)
Construction of Worl (251)
Save Electricity By (203)
HELP calculating acr (177)
How Experienced In P (113)
Salut Salon "We (60)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB

Old 12-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #21
usc52
Workaholic

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52
Default Re: Its not about you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurminator View Post
some of our fans in the low country are more worried about what's convenient for them, than what's best for our team.
I think they deserve a big prime time stage on a Friday night, being the only game for the NATION to watch..Not only does it majorly keep our name in front of recruits, but its huge with practice- spring practice begins approximately 9 weeks later.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
I live in the low country and you don't know what I'm saying. Dont put words in my mouth bro!
usc52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #22
Spurminator
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 550
Spurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his claws

OK...lets try this:
SOME OF does not mean all..Some of the people in Bamberg, Orangeburg,Cope- don't want us to go to a bowl that they can't easily drive to..they didn't want us to go to Atlanta because they couldn't afford two trips within a month..
Brent Johnson stated it would be the only prime time game..I had no reason to doubt him...since my op I looked at an orange bowl site, and it said 8..I googled NCAA 2014 bowls, and it had TBA saying it was just updated 12/3/13

Spurminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 AM   #23
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Is Myrtle Beach in the Low Country?
Yes. As far as schools go the line runs diagonally from northeast to southwest SC, splitting through Columbia.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #24
Spurminator
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 550
Spurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his clawsSpurminator is sharpening his claws

Damn....checked another site and it said 8:30pm...
I'm going to call in to Brent's show tomorrow...Will post what info I get.

Spurminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #25
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We're talking about bowl games? It's not going to make much difference prestige wise. We should just want the bowl that is going to pay us the most money, and I don't remember exactly how the revenue sharing works but it might not even be a financial difference for us. Texas is not our recruiting territory, Florida and Atlanta is. I think if any bowl is better for us it is probably the Chick-fil-A bowl. I don't think it matters really matters that much either way, might as well wish for a bowl the fans will travel well to.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Is Myrtle Beach in the Low Country?
Usually not...Grand Strand/Pee Dee.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #27
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We're talking about bowl games? It's not going to make much difference prestige wise. We should just want the bowl that is going to pay us the most money, and I don't remember exactly how the revenue sharing works but it might not even be a financial difference for us. Texas is not our recruiting territory, Florida and Atlanta is. I think if any bowl is better for us it is probably the Chick-fil-A bowl. I don't think it matters really matters that much either way, might as well wish for a bowl the fans will travel well to.
This is kinda where I am at. Selfishly I hope it isn't the Citrus bowl because I won't be able to watch.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #28
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurminator View Post
some of our fans in the low country are more worried about what's convenient for them, than what's best for our team.
I think they deserve a big prime time stage on a Friday night, being the only game for the NATION to watch..Not only does it majorly keep our name in front of recruits, but its huge with practice- spring practice begins approximately 9 weeks later.

Damn you lowcoutny folks. All you want is for us to Play Citadel and SC State so you guys can go to games.

Wait - what's this thread about?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I am of the opinion that bowl games outside of the BCS (at least until the end of this Bowl season) are all pretty much the same. They will go into the record books as a win or loss. Now sure, some bowls pay out more than others, some bowl have better weather, some bowls give more swag to players, some bowls have better traditions and names. If you are not in one of the few "Big" bowls then there is no extra glitter on that year's team name in the followon sports almanacs. At this stage, we are getting to bowl games every year and we are starting to win the bowl games we go to so where ever we go, I hope we win and put another W in the books. I also hope that in the future there are SECCGs and National Titles so I am very needy that way.

Anyway good luck no matter where we end up. If it is Chick-Fil-A, cool. If it is Outback, cool. If it is the Music City Bowl, cool. If it is the AdvoCare bowl, cool. If it is the Liberty Bowl, cool. If it is the Gator Bowl, cool. If it is the Compass Bowl, cool.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #30
Rooster Booster
Pastor of Disaster

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rooster Booster has feathers coming inRooster Booster has feathers coming in

Not sure why we're specifically calling out folks in the Low Country. Anyway, if you're not in the BCS, the game is for fun. Technically, if you're not in the BCS *Championship*' it's just for fun; you just get paid more. So my mentality is, if we're not in the BCS, let's go somewhere fun where we can play a good opponent. Both Cotton AND Capital One assure us of both; I just prefer Cap One because I love Orlando and warm weather. If we go to Cotton, I'll make the trip to Dallas as well.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Wooooo!" - Ric Flair
Rooster Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Last year for the BCS championship and next year we want in one of the playoff bowls, rose or sugar. This year a bowl is a bowl but I would love to win the Cotton the first time we play in it, another first and it may open recruiting up in TX.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #32
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I think the beach is still the lowcountry. Don't forget about the Pee Dee. A lot of football talent there that we haven't really tapped into as much as we should have imop
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #33
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 399
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Bring it on!!!

2015 opening weekend!! South Carolina vs Ohio State!!! On MARS bitches! MARS!
I hope our conditioning is better than it was this season <sarcasm>..... I hear it's hot there.

92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #34
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

The fact of the matter is, the bowl game is intended for a number of different groups. First and foremost it's a fun time for players, coaches and their families, fans/alumni, and the faculty/administrators. The fact of the matter is, how many of how coaches and players want to travel to a stadium that will be 70% against them, b/c it's so far from SC and in Big 12 country? Versus, how many of them would like to travel to Orlando (warm, fun stuff for families) and it's so much easier and more affordable for Carolina fans to attend. So they get to play in a stadium that is more in their favor.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

MB is not part of the Lowcountry.

Georgetown is hardly considered Lowcountry as well.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #36
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Shenanigans! Get your brooms!

Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 84706
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

If we get Iowa in the Aussie Steak Bowl, I'm blaming the Lowcountry and their selfishness.

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #38
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

As far as a bowl goes, sure Dallas would be great, but would we travel? That is the question. It becomes about money.

And I never knew Orangeburg was Lowcountry, always thought it was Midlands.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

We just need our trophy case to not look like shit. That helps recruiting too. Hard to pitch a program when you only have a few boomerangs, a stencil football, and a Liberty Bell to your name. Granted, he have a couple rivalry trophies and the Heisman from 30+ years ago but that doesn't compare to when these recruits see numerous Crystal Footballs, SEC accolades and Heisman's dedicated to players they can actually recognize. If these are what some are calling the Golden Years of our program then we need to start capitalizing on these opportunities and not shitting the bed in front of a national audience like we've been known to do. Last years game came down to Clowney's forcing a fumble and thankfully the offense scored, without "The Hit" we were going home empty handed.... again. Just saying, where ever it is we get picked to go let's hope we come away with something to show the direction the program is headed, in a positive way. If that's what this is really about
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #40
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Low country is East of I-95 and Charleston South

As for the bowl.. I wanna attend the game, so I'm hoping for Cap-1... Call me selfish... Honey Badger don't care.