CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
ertman420
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
spareparts
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
2015 - Taj Griffin
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
2 Crazy things
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Davon Durant
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

Old 12-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tajh Boyd post game interview

Enjoy your career as a franchise owner of Jimmy Johns dumbass
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Tajh Boyd post game interview

Dabo did Tajh no favor by begging him to return for the Heisman and the National Championship. That orange drink must be good.
Can you imagine Dabo coaching the National Championship? I bet he would let Sammy make that dumb pass again.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #23
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Hey Tajh... guess who was responsible for 3 of those turnovers?? YOU, ya dumb mother ****er!!!

It makes me feel so good to see Boyd so dejected. "we shot ourselves in the foot"... no.. you crumbled under pressure like always. Carolina FORCED the turnovers.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #24
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

It was kind of funny when the reported asked if that was Clowney behind him and Taj sqealed and peed down his leg.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Did I hear him say "we suck!" That pretty much says it all!
Well, if he didn't say it, he certainly should have ;)

Old 12-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #26
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
BlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spursBlueHerons has earned his spurs

He said that we were a good team, a top ten opponent.

What I got out of this was a twenty something senior who was devastated to have lost to us again and was trying to make sense of the debacle.

Don't be so hard on the kid y'all. Look at the circumstances. I would have told the reporter to get the fcuk out of my face.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #27
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post

What I got out of this was a twenty something senior who was devastated to have lost to us again and was trying to make sense of the debacle.

Don't be so hard on the kid y'all. Look at the circumstances. I would have told the reporter to get the fcuk out of my face.
Good Post!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #28
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

I agree. Tajh seems like a nice young man and he has a ton of talent. He just craters when he plays us, but there is a reason... and it's Dabo's fault.

Think how good he would be if he had played for coach Spurrier instead of the orange-clad Walmart Greeter. Seriously, think about it for a second. Instead of kissing his ass 24/7 and telling him he's the second coming of Johnny Unitas like Dumbo has done for the last few years, the HBC would have "coached him up" properly and made him feel like he was being critiqued on every damn play -- which he would have been.

There is a hell of a difference between being "coached" by a real estate agent who is a part-time cheerleader vs. getting coached by a Heisman winning player who coached a Heisman quarterback and lead his team to the national championship.

We are all amazed at the pressure Connor can handle. Well, it wasn't always that way. I know we all think Coach is a bit tough on quarterbacks (and he is), but this year we saw a stark comparison that proves the method to his madness.

Connor Shaw didn't become the amazing quarterback he is by being molly-coddled and fawned over. Just the opposite. Coach Spurrier made him scratch and claw for every snap, knowing that he would be yanked if he sucked or started choking under pressure.

In his heart of hearts, Tajh is wishing that he had had a real coach for the last four years. He would have had the emotional intelligence to make better decisions under pressure.

When your coach flies off the handle and makes a spectacle of every call that doesn't go his way... or screams into the microphone like a blithering idiot during a post-game interview on national television, the example is that it's okay to lose emotional control because "hype" is needed to get your body to do the amazing things that stellar athletes can do on the field.

On the other hand, when your coach is cool under pressure and is willing to take calculated risks and suffer the occasional consequences, you begin to see that the mature use of a laser-sharp intellect is what actually takes a dedicated athlete with skills to the next level.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #29
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
I agree. Tajh seems like a nice young man and he has a ton of talent. He just craters when he plays us, but there is a reason... and it's Dabo's fault.

Think how good he would be if he had played for coach Spurrier instead of the orange-clad Walmart Greeter. Seriously, think about it for a second. Instead of kissing his ass 24/7 and telling him he's the second coming of Johnny Unitas like Dumbo has done for the last few years, the HBC would have "coached him up" properly and made him feel like he was being critiqued on every damn play -- which he would have been.

There is a hell of a difference between being "coached" by a real estate agent who is a part-time cheerleader vs. getting coached by a Heisman winning player who coached a Heisman quarterback and lead his team to the national championship.

We are all amazed at the pressure Connor can handle. Well, it wasn't always that way. I know we all think Coach is a bit tough on quarterbacks (and he is), but this year we saw a stark comparison that proves the method to his madness.

Connor Shaw didn't become the amazing quarterback he is by being molly-coddled and fawned over. Just the opposite. Coach Spurrier made him scratch and claw for every snap, knowing that he would be yanked if he sucked or started choking under pressure.

In his heart of hearts, Tajh is wishing that he had had a real coach for the last four years. He would have had the emotional intelligence to make better decisions under pressure.

When your coach flies off the handle and makes a spectacle of every call that doesn't go his way... or screams into the microphone like a blithering idiot during a post-game interview on national television, the example is that it's okay to lose emotional control because "hype" is needed to get your body to do the amazing things that stellar athletes can do on the field.

On the other hand, when your coach is cool under pressure and is willing to take calculated risks and suffer the occasional consequences, you begin to see that the mature use of a laser-sharp intellect is what actually takes a dedicated athlete with skills to the next level.
Another good post. A friend of mine (big SC fan) said the same thing to me the other day. If a QB can survive Spur's tough love, they become tough QBs.
As a gator-tater, its not been a good coaching year for me. However, I think FL will eventually fix the problem.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #30
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbreb94 View Post
Should we retire his number
haha we probably should
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #31
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:

See, I disagree with you. Like his coach, Tajh wants to be in front of that camera. Not a chance in hell he would tell a camera to get out of his face.

Bask in the spotlight, no matter if the light cast is negative. Baptizing a player on a practice field? Sure! As long as there's a camera.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote