CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
Regalcock
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
b381l
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8482)
Sindarius Thornwell (923)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (610)
Best Child Acting Pe (573)
Well gameday just go (465)
Happy Birthday, Coac (415)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (378)
Your most famous twi (279)
South Carolina @ Aub (243)
Unsung Hero (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Burger Kings angry whoppe
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #581
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Abu Lamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I am guessing Fayetteville, NC not Arky?
You are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #582
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

how many dang recruits is UT trying to have?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #583
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post

UT does have a crazy big class. But they have something like 20 seniors and 24 juniors on this years team.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #584
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
I have heard anywhere from 36-38 with oversigns. However, UT probably will chase players off and/or pull offers from lower ranking recruits if they can get an elite level player. There is also talk of "blue shirting." Blue shirting is a loophole where a player can walk on, and once he arrives on campus, he gets a scholly. The player then counts for 2015 instead of 2014. However, the player may not be recruited, if I understand correctly, i.e., the blue shirt must not have gone through the normal recruiting process. I think it was first done by Arizona State.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #585
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
I have heard anywhere from 36-38 with oversigns. However, UT probably will chase players off and/or pull offers from lower ranking recruits if they can get an elite level player. There is also talk of "blue shirting." Blue shirting is a loophole where a player can walk on, and once he arrives on campus, he gets a scholly. The player then counts for 2015 instead of 2014. However, the player may not be recruited, if I understand correctly, i.e., the blue shirt must not have gone through the normal recruiting process. I think it was first done by Arizona State.
Our buddy UTVOL did a great job explaining what UT is doing in another thread.
But you pretty much nailed it.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #586
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I don't think Butch understands the Oversigning Penalty that will come with this.

*He has two scholarships available for the 2013 year (83 on roster now.)
*That means he can have 2 JUCO's enroll in Dec/Jan and count back to the previous year.
*That would mean they have 31, as of now, for this signing period, which is 3 over the NCAA limit.
*For every person they sign over 28, the may get penalized 2 scholarships. Problem is they will be maxed out on scholarships and not have any to lose. So every person above 28 that they sign b/w NSD and May 31st will cost them 3 scholarships that they may or may not have.
*They will have a massive amount of attrition, not seen since the Houston Nutt rule was established.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
Old 12-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #587
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Butch Jones spent almost all day visiting Lamin and Williams at their juco. Vol sources say it is still unlikely that Lamin decommits. One big reason is the distance from Fayetteville to Knoxville. I'd like to think it is more than that.
I think the distance factor is the easy answer.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #588
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Butch Jones spent almost all day visiting Lamin and Williams at their juco. Vol sources say it is still unlikely that Lamin decommits. One big reason is the distance from Fayetteville to Knoxville. I'd like to think it is more than that.
Lots of time off to plan trips when you don't make a bowl game.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #589
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Butch Jones is burning the barn down with the zombies inside.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #590
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:

New Mexico State started the blueshirting trend. It works well until you end up promising a recruit a spot and then not being able to follow through b/c the numbers were not what you expected. It is a sketchy loophole...like an under the table scholly offer that does not count against you. If it is legal in the eyes of the NCAA, I have no problem with it...I would just be wary of going to a school where the coach is cut throat to the point of guaranteeing spots that are not necessarily there at the time.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #591
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Lamin now has a 4-star rating with Rivals. Nice.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #592
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Nice! Long time and well deserved
Old 12-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #593
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Lamin now has a 4-star rating with Rivals. Nice.
Lamin has been rated a 4* since he committed.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #594
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
New Mexico State started the blueshirting trend. It works well until you end up promising a recruit a spot and then not being able to follow through b/c the numbers were not what you expected. It is a sketchy loophole...like an under the table scholly offer that does not count against you. If it is legal in the eyes of the NCAA, I have no problem with it...I would just be wary of going to a school where the coach is cut throat to the point of guaranteeing spots that are not necessarily there at the time.
Yes, I know that it was New Mexico State, some off the wall school. I don't why I put Arizona State.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #595
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I thought he has been rated a 4 star, no?

regardless - I will be happy once this dude is on campus and enters our S&C program. BEAST. Him and Mr. Griffin have potential to be our DT freaks of the future, with Stallworth knocking on the door
Old 12-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #596
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

So Lee Schechter over at Bleacher Report wrote an article on what we could use before NSD, and in the comments he wrote that he feels we won't end up with Lamin. Needless to say, that took me by surprise. Has Lamin given any reason whatsoever to doubt his commitment at this point?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...14-signing-day
Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #597
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
So Lee Schechter over at Bleacher Report wrote an article on what we could use before NSD, and in the comments he wrote that he feels we won't end up with Lamin. Needless to say, that took me by surprise. Has Lamin given any reason whatsoever to doubt his commitment at this point?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...14-signing-day
He's reaffirmed his commitment. I don't know why that writer would think he won't end up here, but we'll see I guess.

Isn't he enrolling in January?
Old 12-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #598
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

especially with quarles going pro? maybe quarles isn't going pro now or something?
Old 12-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #599
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post

Isn't he enrolling in January?
I was under the impression that yes, he is planning to enroll in January.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #600
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Bleacher report is a joke. Zero credibility.
Closed Thread