CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
3MTA3
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
ertman420
MWard
bigdog2003
Cunningham wants to (1173)
ESPN article on Clow (775)
Clemson Georgia Game (658)
Fumble party (367)
New Led Zep releases (151)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (146)
Truly Inspiring (133)
2014 garnet and blac (84)
2 tickets for USC vs (8)
Chick Redefines the (0)
2015 - Davon Durant
2016 - Issac Nauta
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Jordan Scarlett -
ESPN article on Clowney -
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB

Old 12-07-2013, 03:51 AM   #121
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: **USC vs. Oklahoma State GAME Thread**

We were overmatched tonight, but the only way we'll get better is to play good teams. Okie State will be the toughest team we will play on the road this season.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #122
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
We were overmatched tonight, but the only way we'll get better is to play good teams. Okie State will be the toughest team we will play on the road this season.
I knew this one was gonna be ugly. We just aren't ready for a team like OKST. They are a FF contender. In all honesty, we made it respectable by the end. Hopefully, the team will learn from this and progress as the season goes on.

The loss at Baylor pains me much more than this one. Baylor beat UK by 5 in Waco last night...
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #123
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Hard to see any improvement int that game. Ok st could have beat us by 60 if they wanted to.

Last edited by gamecock88; 12-07-2013 at 08:53 PM.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #124
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I knew this one was gonna be ugly. We just aren't ready for a team like OKST. They are a FF contender. In all honesty, we made it respectable by the end. Hopefully, the team will learn from this and progress as the season goes on.

The loss at Baylor pains me much more than this one. Baylor beat UK by 5 in Waco last night...
The game was in Jerry World, not Waco.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #125
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

Ok State does have more talent than we do, but that game was just sloppy. Defense- how many times did we leave good shooters wide open on the baseline? There were way too many guys abandoning their man/zone to collapse on a guy driving toward our big guys- leaving their perimeter shooters wide open. Offense- the guards dribbled way too much often into a no way out situation and would force bad passes, turnovers kill, and we need more boards.

I will say the second half looked better. The first half it was like we had the 'big game-itis', trying to play Ok State's game and not ours. The beginning of the second half looked calmer, more comfortable and trying to get into our groove. However, we were outmatched and you could see the frustration set in.

But all is not lost with this team. I think they have talent and potential, and will only improve as the season continues. I wouldn't doubt their being a bubble team come February.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #126
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_girl_west View Post
Ok State does have more talent than we do, but that game was just sloppy. Defense- how many times did we leave good shooters wide open on the baseline? There were way too many guys abandoning their man/zone to collapse on a guy driving toward our big guys- leaving their perimeter shooters wide open. Offense- the guards dribbled way too much often into a no way out situation and would force bad passes, turnovers kill, and we need more boards.

I will say the second half looked better. The first half it was like we had the 'big game-itis', trying to play Ok State's game and not ours. The beginning of the second half looked calmer, more comfortable and trying to get into our groove. However, we were outmatched and you could see the frustration set in.

But all is not lost with this team. I think they have talent and potential, and will only improve as the season continues. I wouldn't doubt their being a bubble team come February.
We won the rebound battle but had 8 more turnovers then made baskets and 3 guys with 4 fouls and 1 with 5. We have to learn to pass the ball to the big men on the block or the cutter in the lane or the zone will kill us.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #127
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

If we did not turn the ball over we would've won.

Respectfully yours,

Tater nation
Old 12-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #128
TaiwanCock
Walk On

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

I see that in 2011-2012, the year before Smart arrived, Oklahoma State was 15-18 (7-11 in conference), including a 106-65 loss to Baylor. These things take time. I have a lot of confidence in Coach Martin, but I suspect we will continue to see some ugly losses from time to time until he rights the ship.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #129
Ahmad
Walk On

Male

Ahmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spursAhmad has earned his spurs

If this team can just cut down on some of the sloppy plays we make. We can be a very good team. I think our man defense has to pick up, and cut out all those lazy passes. But those things will improve with experience.