CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
b381l
Sindarius Thornwell (976)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (701)
Well gameday just go (500)
Happy Birthday, Coac (450)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (398)
Your most famous twi (331)
Unsung Hero (256)
South Carolina @ Aub (251)
Softball takes final (158)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (150)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Season Rankings Thread...
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Connor Mitch
Burger Kings angry whoppe

Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #201
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Tyshun "Deebo" Samuel

I am extremely interested to see if he and lil shaq can avoid redshirting. We already have 5-6 proven receivers.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #202
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I'd love to see a Shaq-Bruce-Lil Shaq line up out there
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #203
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

After what pharoh showed this year I doubt SOS redshirts them unless the other guys are making big plays every week.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #204
50ktight
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
I am extremely interested to see if he and lil shaq can avoid redshirting. We already have 5-6 proven receivers.
Not sure if you're including TEs and Pharoah Cooper in this figure. Strictly speaking WRs Bruce and Nick are our most proven and fundamentally sound at the position. Damiere continues to develop as more than a deep threat option and Shaq just came on late after being set back by the suspension. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both get some game time if they can pick up on the offense and make some plays.
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #205
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Not sure if you're including TEs and Pharoah Cooper in this figure. Strictly speaking WRs Bruce and Nick are our most proven and fundamentally sound at the position. Damiere continues to develop as more than a deep threat option and Shaq just came on late after being set back by the suspension. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both get some game time if they can pick up on the offense and make some plays.
he may be including Buster Anderson. That'd make for 5 I believe. I honestly think we should just move him out to WR his senior year (he will be there at the next level) and allow Drew Owens and Adams to ball out, because they can. And god bless the DB that has to cover Anderson.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #206
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

I think all 3 RS. Between Ellington, Jones, Bryd, Roland, Cooper, and any one of Jeffery/Fuller/Brent/Smith will give us between 5-7 WR's we can run in and out. Add Andersom and Adams our passing game is set as far as weapons go.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #207
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
I think all 3 RS. Between Ellington, Jones, Bryd, Roland, Cooper, and any one of Jeffery/Fuller/Brent/Smith will give us between 5-7 WR's we can run in and out. Add Andersom and Adams our passing game is set as far as weapons go.
you have to wonder which of these will be gone in May.....Jeffery, Fuller, Smith, Brent, Whitehurst.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #208
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

You know Ellington, Jones, Byrd, Pharaoh, and Kwinton stay.

I've heard Jody has had issues catching the ball, but otherwise has been everything we want. K.J. Brent... I have no idea. I see him out there a few times a game and he makes a catch every once in a while. I just dunno if he'll ever see the field. I like Whitehurst. He had a TD catch in his first game, he's scrappy, and (IMO) deserved more playing time. Jeffery, sadly, just ain't what us fans wanted him to be. It sucks for him because he had a huge burden on him.

If I had to guess, I'd say Shamier and K.J. are gonzo
Old 12-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #209
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Kane is a walkon, so zero chance he leaves. He isn't eating up a scholly, so why in the world would the coaches run him off?
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #210
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatfish View Post
Kane is a walkon, so zero chance he leaves. He isn't eating up a scholly, so why in the world would the coaches run him off?
I don't think anyone said that. I'm assuming he was hoping to get a scholly next year. If he isn't given one, why would he stick around to get 10-15 game snaps a year.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #211
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

With Crosby coming in next year at TE, you have to wonder about Owens and/or Rainey.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #212
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

I'll say it again - Anderson should go to WR and we can get Owens more looks. He has done ok, nothing worthy of "getting cut.:
Old 12-08-2013, 05:24 AM   #213
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I'll say it again - Anderson should go to WR and we can get Owens more looks. He has done ok, nothing worthy of "getting cut.:
moving a TE to WR just clutters up the WR core even more and is not a natural move for a guy who has never played WR or at very least hasnt player WR since High School

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #214
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I don't think anyone said that. I'm assuming he was hoping to get a scholly next year. If he isn't given one, why would he stick around to get 10-15 game snaps a year.
Bc he likes the school? Wants to get a degree? Loves playing football here?
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #215
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Quote:
Because he can't transfer to another D1 school without missing another year.
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #216
50ktight
4-Star

Male

50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
I would not be surprised to see any of our incoming recruits pass Jeffery/fuller/Brent.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #217
50ktight
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Money isn't an issue for whitehurt. A scholarship would have no bearing on him
Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #218
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
I would not be surprised to see any of our incoming recruits pass Jeffery/fuller/Brent.
what? I expect several of our recruits to pass at least 2 of those guys
Old 12-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #219
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
what? I expect several of our recruits to pass at least 2 of those guys
That's what he's saying
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #220
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Oh ok my bad